Antoine Mason - SG - New Rochelle - New Rochelle, NY - NIAGARA

• 11 replies
Antoine Mason - SG - New Rochelle - New Rochelle, NY - NIAGARA
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:40:35 PM »
Has anyone seen mases brother play? He goes to new Roshelle and plays for the metro hawks ive seen that he is 6'2 and he scored 28 points in a game recently. i dont know how good he is but it seems like we would deff have a shot with him no matter what.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:11:39 PM by peter »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kjd01067

Re: Antoine Mason?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:45:19 PM »
Has anyone seen mases brother play? He goes to new Roshelle and plays for the metro hawks ive seen that he is 6'2 and he scored 28 points in a game recently. i dont know how good he is but it seems like we would deff have a shot with him no matter what.

havent seen or heard of him but i think Mase jr. having played for us  could hurt us in recruiting him just as much as help us. 

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:47:48 PM »
ive seen him. hes bigger than mase but he can jump also.i think they are 2 different players.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
I know tha kid was talking about him perhaps he can shed some light
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »
only in 10th grade - but I have heard what KOB said --- very different players, I think his brother is supposed to be more built than Anthony...I thought he went to Iona Prep but they may have just been for middle school, is he at New Rochelle now?

I think this would only HELP us in his recruitment - Mason Jr. seems to love Norm, gets plenty of time, and is the focal part of our offense...why would that hurt our recruitment of his brother in the future? 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »
ive only seen him once but i dont think hes a big east player.  isnt as athletic as his brother is, he can shoot the ball but doesnt play very good defense and he has (or at least had when i saw him) trouble finishing in the lane.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: Antoine Mason - SG - New Rochelle - New Rochelle, NY
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 03:11:10 PM »
http://zsmart.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-rochelle-comes-roaring-back-defeats.html

Pitino was also there.

St. John's, Binghamton, Long Island, Quinnipiac, Manhattan, Fordham, and a slew of others are in active pursuit of Mason, son of the former New York Knicks bruising forward Anthony Mason.

A coach from LIU was in attendance Monday night.

Mason's half-brother, Anthony Mason Jr., is a fifth-year senior on St. John's, a once-prosperous program that's been freefalling in the Big East.

The 6-foot-2 guard/forward, he of the springy hops, may have upped his stock following a performance of this caliber, in a game of this magnitude

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »
He is a MAAC/NEC player.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »
He is a MAAC/NEC player.

We already have a bunch of those

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »
http://varsityinsider.lohudblogs.com/2010/03/23/recruiting-update-new-ros-mason-and-burton/

New Rochelle’s top two seniors are still uncommitted to play ball in college but it appears both are getting closer.

Antoine Mason (right, in white), who was picked yesterday to play in the Jordan Classic regional game, has received a lot of attention from Division I schools. The senior has already made an official visit to Niagara, and, according to coach Bill Murphy, plans to visit New Hampshire, LIU and Quinnipiac. At the moment, Niagara is considered the favorite for Mason.

The schools in the mix for A.J. Burton are Division IIs, led by American International College and the University of District Columbia, which is coached by former Iona College coach Jeff Ruland. Murphy said Burton still must be cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse but he sounded hopeful.

Additionally, Murphy hopes seniors Mike Dwyer and Steve Whittingham can attend a prep school

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »
Good for Little Mase...good luck to him!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 07:07:07 AM »
http://varsityinsider.lohudblogs.com/2010/03/23/recruiting-update-new-ros-mason-and-burton/

New Rochelle’s top two seniors are still uncommitted to play ball in college but it appears both are getting closer.

Antoine Mason (right, in white), who was picked yesterday to play in the Jordan Classic regional game, has received a lot of attention from Division I schools. The senior has already made an official visit to Niagara, and, according to coach Bill Murphy, plans to visit New Hampshire, LIU and Quinnipiac. At the moment, Niagara is considered the favorite for Mason.

The schools in the mix for A.J. Burton are Division IIs, led by American International College and the University of District Columbia, which is coached by former Iona College coach Jeff Ruland. Murphy said Burton still must be cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse but he sounded hopeful.

Additionally, Murphy hopes seniors Mike Dwyer and Steve Whittingham can attend a prep school

FDU is VERY much in the mix for Mason.