Dwayne Polee Jr. - PF - Los Angeles, CA - Westchester Senior HS - ST. JOHN'S

• 152 replies

Marillac

Yeah baby!!!  A top 100 kid in the first month with only one scholarship to give. Not too shabby! 

This kid is good for 50 ESPN Top Tens over the next four years!!!!!! 

Even if he doesn't contribute much in games, his length and athleticism will raise the bar in practice.  No more lazy layups when you get a ball sent back at you at 100 mph. 

I love the fact that we just signed a kid from a GREAT school in LA.

Yeah baby!!!  A top 100 kid in the first month with only one scholarship to give. Not too shabby! 

Even if he doesn't contribute much in games, his length and athleticism will raise the bar in practice.  No more lazy layups when you get a ball sent back at you at 100 mph. 

Don't jinx it, he hasn't signed yet.  Lavin is going in for the kill but you never know.

One thing this team did well with this year was having a lot of ESPN Top 10 plays and that didn't always mean wins.  I'm sure we had more top plays then Butler and Duke combined.

With that, I'm all for it and hope we see this kid flying around the Garden!!

Marillac

Don't jinx it, he hasn't signed yet.  Lavin is going in for the kill but you never know.

One thing this team did well with this year was having a lot of ESPN Top 10 plays and that didn't always mean wins.  I'm sure we had more top plays then Butler and Duke combined.

This is a new era, Scooby!!! Lavin is a closer.  No more mom and pop bs.  We will soon have three (possibly four) guys lower than Lav on our saff that were better than our former head coach.

Lav is going to be a shark as soon as he gets the taste for blood after his first.

This is a new era, Scooby!!! Lavin is a closer.  No more mom and pop bs.  We will soon have three (possibly four) guys lower than Lav on our saff that were better than our former head coach.

Lav is going to be a shark as soon as he gets the taste for blood after his first.

I agree and definetly hope so!! When I read this article I instantly thought to myself that there was no way Norm would make a trip like that after the recruiting weekend.  I remember a years ago KOB talking about how you have to be a killer and woo these kids like women to close the deal and Lavin appears to know how to do that.

Wods317

Lavin continues to impress me. This guy is a closer, the kid visits a few days ago and gets close to signing and Lavin is already flying to see him and close the deal. He is showing the dedication, persistence, and attitdue that make him a great recruiter. This would be a great add for only being on the job a month, this kid is a top 100 talent.

This is his rankings as of Sept 2009 from rsci...averages to an 86.

Prepstars 62 (Brick Oettinger)
Prepstars 84 (Rob Harrington)
Hoopmasters 78 (Van Coleman & Bob Gibbons)
Scouts 78
Rivals NR
All Star Report NR (Bob Gibbons)
The Insiders Hoops NR (Dave Telep)

http://www.rscihoops.com/
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

This is his rankings as of Sept 2009 from rsci...averages to an 86.

Prepstars 62 (Brick Oettinger)
Prepstars 84 (Rob Harrington)
Hoopmasters 78 (Van Coleman & Bob Gibbons)
Scouts 78
Rivals NR
All Star Report NR (Bob Gibbons)
The Insiders Hoops NR (Dave Telep)

http://www.rscihoops.com/

Just to clarify RSCI hasn't been updated since last September before this HS season.  They'll update once more with final rankings that usually come out in June.

FWIW Scout no longer has him nor 5 PF's (that's what they call him) ranked over him in their top 100.

Just to clarify RSCI hasn't been updated since last September before this HS season.  They'll update once more with final rankings that usually come out in June.

FWIW Scout no longer has him nor 5 PF's (that's what they call him) ranked over him in their top 100.

"This is his rankings as of Sept 2009"

That needed clarifying? ;)

"This is his rankings as of Sept 2009"

That needed clarifying? ;)

The clarification was more about the fact that he's no longer in Scout's top 100.  Don't have access to Prepstars or Hoopmasters to say where he's ranked now there or if they've even updated.

on polee's scout...they only have Georgia and usc listed under his schools of interest

but rivals has georgia and STJ as his two with high interest
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:59:15 PM by worldsgreatest10 »

STJ_Basketball

Just got a #shoutout for Coach Lav, who couldn't be here tonight. Hmmm wonder what he might be doing out in LA today... #stjbb

guys over at redmen are quoting from different UTEP sites that polee to STJ is close to complete...

guys over at redmen are quoting from different UTEP sites that polee to STJ is close to complete...

i hope they R right on this one...would love to see this kid develop the next four yrs.

Tha Kid

I apologize if this has already been said as I haven't read the whole thread, but does polee's description and video remind anyone else of Hakim Warrick?
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

I apologize if this has already been said as I haven't read the whole thread, but does polee's description and video remind anyone else of Hakim Warrick?

Absolutely.

And I don't recall Hakim Warrick being a top rated recruit like Polee is.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:11:04 PM by Poison »

That's the first person I thought of too.

Polee to announce on Saturday...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2010/04/boys-basketball-burton-headed-to-nevada-polee-to-announce.html

"Westchester forward Dwayne Polee Jr. is scheduled to announce his college choice at halftime of Saturday's Collision all-star game at El Camino College."

I believe halftime would be about 10:15 EST as the game starts at 6:30 on the west coast.

St. John’s hired a West Coast coach in Steve Lavin and now he’s hoping to land a West Coast player as his first recruit.

Dwayne Polee, a 6-foot-7 forward out of Los Angeles (Calif.) Westchester, will announce his college choice at halftime of Saturday’s Collision all-star game at El Camino College.

“St. John’s and UGA,” Polee wrote Thursday in a text, referring to his final two choices of  St. John’s and Georgia.

A source close to Lavin said Polee was the “best athlete” he’s ever recruited.

Polee led the Comets to their second straight CIF State Division I title and averaged  21 points, eight rebounds and two blocks per game.

“He’s made tremendous strides in understanding the defense, where to be, blocking out, taking charges, doing a lot of the little things that he never, ever was concerned about doing [before],” Westchester coach Ed Azzam told the Los Angeles Times.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/04/22/polee-to-announce-saturday/#more-32317

sjd8886

since this would be our best recruit in quite a while, can we somehow get a link to this game so we can see the announcement...since its only us and Georgia now im assuming its gonna be us...fox's combover is no match for lavins mane