Amile Jefferson - SF - Friends Central School - Philadelphia, PA - DUKE

• 127 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1117821

2012 small forward prospect Amile Jefferson  is one of the elite recruits in the country and is in the process of formulating his list. PantherLair.com was able to catch up with Jefferson and from the sounds of it, Pitt is a school that appears to be in the mix.

"Villanova, Syracuse, Penn State, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Miami, Virginia Tech, Temple, and La Salle are my offers at this point. Other schools that are showing interest are North Carolina, Pitt, St. John's, Maryland, Texas, Duke, Stanford, and Boston College. "
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:35:25 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Amile Jefferson - SF - Friends Central School - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »

2012 small forward prospect Amile Jefferson  is one of the elite recruits in the country and is in the process of formulating his list. PantherLair.com was able to catch up with Jefferson and from the sounds of it, Pitt is a school that appears to be in the mix.

"Villanova, Syracuse, Penn State, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Miami, Virginia Tech, Temple, and La Salle are my offers at this point. Other schools that are showing interest are North Carolina, Pitt, St. John's, Maryland, Texas, Duke, Stanford, and Boston College. "

Amile is a truly great kid with a sick upside. He's 6'7-8," can run the court, capable of playing both the 3 and the four. He's worked on his handle and perimeter shot in order to play the 3 more this summer. Very high basketball IQ and a great teammate. He goes to the same hs as Mustafa Shakur and Hak Warrick, but he's a good student as well. In a class absolutely loaded with "wings," he's one of the top 3-4 in the long-term. He and Savon (who St. John's should be all over) absolutely dominated the 16s at the Fab 48 in Vegas, but Amile also plays with the Team Philly 17s as well. He likes the creativity and freedom that the 16 team coach let him play with.

He knows Chiles.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »

Amile is a truly great kid with a sick upside. He's 6'7-8," can run the court, capable of playing both the 3 and the four. He's worked on his handle and perimeter shot in order to play the 3 more this summer. Very high basketball IQ and a great teammate. He goes to the same hs as Mustafa Shakur and Hak Warrick, but he's a good student as well. In a class absolutely loaded with "wings," he's one of the top 3-4 in the long-term. He and Savon (who St. John's should be all over) absolutely dominated the 16s at the Fab 48 in Vegas, but Amile also plays with the Team Philly 17s as well. He likes the creativity and freedom that the 16 team coach let him play with.

He knows Chiles.

I've heard our name mentioned with Goodman.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »

He knows Chiles.

I've heard our name mentioned with Goodman.
For what it's worth, when I spoke with Savon last, he said they started to show interest later this summer, but felt that others were coming harder after him-Nova, WVU, Texas, etc. He played hs ball with Rak Christmas (Syracuse) and Malcolm Gilbert (Pitt), but he's very tight with Tyreke Evans, Lamont Peterson, and the whole Evans clan. With Omar Calhoun in their backyard, it'll be interesting to see how they play their hand. Savon thinks he'll play the two at the next level.

Amile Jefferson Spring 2010 Highlights, Top 5 Class of 2012, Team Philly

Amile Jefferson- adidas Nations 2010

Moose

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
Yeah 2012 has some good NYC players such as Calhoun, Thomas, Dingle, Oroko and NJ's Anderson.  With most likely not many ships for that year it will be interesting to see how they play it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:41 PM »
Yeah 2012 has some good NYC players such as Calhoun, Thomas, Dingle, Oroko and NJ's Anderson.  With most likely not many ships for that year it will be interesting to see how they play it.
Nova is going after Jefferson, Goodman, and Calhoun.
Of course, it doesn't hurt to have Team Philly's coach frequently giving them free publicity by wearing Villanova t-shirts on the sidelines. Kyle Lowry's 29 year-old brother, Lonnie, runs the Team Philly (Jefferson & Goodman) AAU program.

Amile Jefferson
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »
Dave-In light of your front page story you should now list him in the 2012 section.  Good job.

Heard inklings myself but had no confirmation.

The Philly-SJU connection with Lindsey and Chiles (having coached at Drexel) continues.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »
According to the source, connections with incoming JUCO point guard Nurideen Lindsey and Red Storm target Kyle Anderson of St. Anthony’s (NJ) have made the Red Storm a possible destination for Jefferson.

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/over-the-airwaves/st-johns-now-in-the-mix-for-amile-jefferson/

Re: Amile Jefferson
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »
Sorry did not realize there was thread already.

Moderators feel free to move it under the Amile thread.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »
Holy S.  Turgeon and the Terps staff has been continuing recruiting Amile through Bino Ranson, and I was hoping they steal him from Jay F'n Wright.  If Lavin gets in and gets it done, I will be just as happy.  I just want someone to give Wright a kick in his recruiting nuts in his back yard and get even with him! 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
Holy S.  Turgeon and the Terps staff has been continuing recruiting Amile through Bino Ranson, and I was hoping they steal him from Jay F'n Wright.  If Lavin gets in and gets it done, I will be just as happy.  I just want someone to give Wright a kick in his recruiting nuts in his back yard and get even with him! 
Dang, you don't like Jay Wright!

Question: with the wings on the roster, can Amile play the 4 or even the 5 in college in a running/ zone defense scheme?

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 05:10:29 PM »
Alright...  This is bordering on the absurd already, the amount of sick players we're getting in on here.  Really absurd...

MCNPA

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »
Is this also a hint that we might be out in front with Anderson?  Seems maybe. 

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »
Is this also a hint that we might be out in front with Anderson?  Seems maybe. 

I believe Anderson is first and foremost on the list of recruits being targeted in the 2012 class.  I also believe the other targeted recruits are gonna have to fight it out over the remainder of the scholarships (ie, Gathers, Jefferson, Reinhardt and the likes).

Once again, this staff isn't gonna go after anyone they do not feel they can nab.  No wasted time for our staff.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:58:22 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »

Question: with the wings on the roster, can Amile play the 4 or even the 5 in college in a running/ zone defense scheme?

I don't think he's a 5 unless he grows another 3 or 4 inches.  But, he can certainly play the 4 on the collegiate level.

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »

Amile easily can cover the 4, and I would not be surprised if he could give fill-in minutes at the 5.  He's not super quick, but his  crafty, slashing style and finding his way to the hole are uncanny.  If you haven't watched clips of him, you'll be impressed.  Plus Amile's a gamer.  He injured his hand in the Nike EYBL tourney in June and played right through it.  Tough Philly kid - oh, and I already said I don't like J Wright - he's a solid college coach, but I do not think he gets his guys ready for the pros the way he should.

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »

I don't think he's a 5 unless he grows another 3 or 4 inches.  But, he can certainly play the 4 on the collegiate level.
From what I've seen, I think Amile could swing minutes at the 3 too - do u agree, MJ?

MCNPA

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
Hey, if it gives us an inside track, I have no problem with Jefferson or Gathers.  Would take Jefferson as a 4 instead of Gathers if it helps us with Kyle.  No problem going to the guys who have a good relationship on the court.  I too think they'll have to fight it out and maybe the first to commit get the ship.  If we landed Kyle as well as Jefferson we'd potentially have 2 mcds AA candidates an board.  Wow

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »
He's not super quick, but his  crafty, slashing style and finding his way to the hole are uncanny.

Pretty much on the money, purist.  He rivals another high IQ kid on his AAU team....  He is also a player ala his AAU teammate.   :)

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
Hey, if it gives us an inside track, I have no problem with Jefferson or Gathers.  Would take Jefferson as a 4 instead of Gathers if it helps us with Kyle.  No problem going to the guys who have a good relationship on the court.  I too think they'll have to fight it out and maybe the first to commit get the ship.  If we landed Kyle as well as Jefferson we'd potentially have 2 mcds AA candidates an board.  Wow
Yes, a certain someone never lost his recruiting mojo after all those years - frankly, I'd be buying all in just like the nasty nine did. Big things lie ahead in upcoming years!