mke rice vs steve lavin

• 42 replies
Re: mke rice vs steve lavin
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 09:43:08 PM »
Rutgers doesn't have much of an nba legacy, but they have a well rounded college campus, good academics and a quality football program to keep them in the news b4 bball season.

As far as coaches go, Lavin is a no brainer in my book.

Is Dahntay Jones still in the NBA? If so, that would give Rutgers the nod as alumni in the NBA

He didn't graduate from Rutgers. He transferred to Duke. Don't even try to justify this as counting lol
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »
the proof lies in the results.  build a solid foundation first.  as franny said  "build with program players" and add some stars

Moose

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
the proof lies in the results.  build a solid foundation first.  as franny said  "build with program players" and add some stars

Incomplete results.  Talk to me in April.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 10:32:48 PM »
manbearpig says he liked mike rice at robbert morris. really wish he beat nova last year. but manbearpig thinks this thread is very silly. time will tell, but if st johns hired mike rice, the fan base wud be goin nuts

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 12:06:48 AM »
OK guys, we know it’s the offseason and we are all anxious for the first game, but this thread is really whacky!

obviously and sadly  the redmen have made another bad choise

Grammar and spelling aside, are you serious?

firelavin.com? …

Damm, do I have to buy that website to beat Danman to the punch AGAIN???

You have 15 posts on this site and just looking them over I'm not sure how many of them have any value.  Most are complaining about a recruit picking another school.  One of which was Harkless that Norm struck out on and then Lavin came in and got him.  Yet a week after suggesting Lavin wear a replica Louie sweater you know firmly on board the Mike Rice bandwagon.

Don't know what else to say but the 15 posts have sure run the gamut. 

Yea, what Moose said!

Any chance you can get the video of him paintballing all the employees at the rival agency?  haha.  I love that scene.  Would love to do that at my office!

+1
Haven’t we all felt like that at one time or a thousand!

Dave, in all seriousness, how is Rutgers a tougher sell?

Can you really call this question serious? You are usually a very solid and informative poster, but this made me laugh almost as much as the original topic of this thread. Please tell us you were kidding.

manbearpig says he liked mike rice at robbert morris. really wish he beat nova last year. but manbearpig thinks this thread is very silly. time will tell, but if st johns hired mike rice, the fan base wud be goin nuts

+1
RSHF thinks if manbearpig posted on BEB  he might win Newcomer and Poster of the Year awards!

Let’s go RED STORM!

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
can anyone comment on something I heard about rice being a member of the "players club" which has "helped" him get some of his bigger name recruits. Apparently this "club" facilitates  paymnets to kids or sends gifts their way.

any truth to this?

Poison

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
firelavin.com is going to be really quiet tonight.

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
can anyone comment on something I heard about rice being a member of the "players club" which has "helped" him get some of his bigger name recruits. Apparently this "club" facilitates  paymnets to kids or sends gifts their way.

any truth to this?

Maybe you're thinking of NJ Playaz AAU program which Randall and Mack both played for?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 06:31:27 PM »

any truth to this?
Maybe you're thinking of NJ Playaz AAU program which Randall and Mack both played for?
Lol

He's benefitted also from Curtis Malone sticking it to Georgetown by immediately sending Cox players, as soon as he leaves Stubby Thompson.

I don't think this'll necessarily be an either or issue. Frankly, Seton Hall fans ought to start getting worried.

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »
This thread is a joke.  I like Rice a lot.  Rutgers made a fantastic hire, but WTF?  I can't believe how amazing Lavin is right now.  I know we haven't played a game yet, but BELIEVE ME the staff is delaying kids that are the caliber of what Rice is brining in right now.  Lavin sat out of the game for a long time and I didn't think he'd come back this on fire.

We have an insanely good shot right now at Pelle, the #2 center in the country. I wouldn't be surprised if he committed in October. 

If Lavin wanted to, he could get ten top 100 kids this year.  That's obviously not the game plan, but stay tuned. 

And Tharpe is such a heavy lean right now it's ridiculous.  I honestly expected him to commit a few weeks ago.  There was a story released recently that said he wait until the spring (he even copied it on his facebook page), but I just don't believe it.  He has a good friend that is a freshman at STJ...he plays with a team that is all Big East (Nova, Pitt, and now St. John's), and he really hit it off with Harkless.  If Tharpe is not our PG in 2011 then it will be Quinn Cook.

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »
  If Tharpe is not our PG in 2011 then it will be Quinn Cook.
Forget Quinn

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »
Forget Quinn

I agree.  I haven't realistically though of Cook as an option for two weeks.  The point I was trying to make it that if we don't land Tharpe, it will be because the staff went in another direction.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
Forget Quinn

Would Quinn change his mind at all seeing the players coming in?

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »
Forget Quinn
Would Quinn change his mind at all seeing the players coming in?
p/m

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 01:07:49 AM »
I see the OP (flamer) of this thread has yet to come out and give kudos to the Sampson commitment. 

Keep up the good work!   ;)

boo3

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »
"+1
RSHF thinks if manbearpig posted on BEB  he might win Newcomer and Poster of the Year awards!"

I agree, especially with no competition....

...this thread is asinine..  Mike Rice... pfft.   We are in the big leagues now.  What a breathe of fresh air after spending the last 7 years in basketball obscurity ..

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
J. Seagears of DCA just made it official for RU.
Beat out some BE, ACC, Pac-10, and B-XII schools.
Assuming he qualifies, solid pickup for the Scarlet Knights

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »
do not discount willard who is focusing on the 2012 class,  i feel the competition is just what we need. however for some to rise other programs must drift lower, maybe gtown / uconn / or if buzz leaves for the nba marquette

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »
do not discount willard who is focusing on the 2012 class,  i feel the competition is just what we need. however for some to rise other programs must drift lower, maybe gtown / uconn / or if buzz leaves for the nba marquette
I think Buzz is too rah-rah for the NBA.  But I could see it.  He is teaching some crisp teams in Milwaukee. 

U Conn's gonna drift down.

Moose

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »

Who is SHU strong with for 2012?
If you tell me Kyle Anderson or Omar Calhoun I will fall off my chair laughing.