Old Red

• 52 replies
Re: Old Red
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
Funny this would come up on another thread after I mentioned WASJU and ThaKid on the KA thread.

And Pat, you and I are dads too!  Still find the time.  ; )

Foad

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 07:28:30 AM »
WASJU .... dads ... Still find the time.

WASJU almost always posted from his job and rarely from home. It's more likely that he's unemployed than parenting.

pmg911

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
I post from work and was not on as much when I was out for work earlier this year.

I sure hope We are SJU has not lost his job, its a brutal job market.

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
i hated real fan with a #$%^ing passion. i used to shut the computer off and punch the wall. i hated him. if i was to ever meet him i would lose my job because i would get locked up for assault. But on another note where is htgs, the kid,  we are sju( probably my top 3 favorite poster), maven. where are u guys?

Does this constitute a threat?  Hey I had issues with many also but as CIVIL human beings we overcome such anger and realize that the boards are all about opinions, where any one should have a right to express themselves without fear of threats etc.  May I suggest anger management therapy if you still have such feelings.  Anyway, I will make note of this since you have made such a threat as I certainly will not be hiding my identity anytime soon.  What I don't understand is why this site allows such a post to exist?

Anyway, I shall be looking forward to attending many of the games as I am sure most on this site will as well.

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
Appears KOB still has some growing up to do. Reminds me of a young Darryl Strawberry when he tried to punch out Keith Hernandez on team photo day and in later years he admitted it was a mistake and chalked it up to his immaturity at the time. Remember fellas we all root for the same team and while we might have some differences of opinion being ST J fans bonds us together as brothers in the grand scheme of things. Let's all try to enjoy and GO REDMAN!

LJSA

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »
Appears KOB still has some growing up to do.

Real Fan needs to grow up more, and he's older than KOB.

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »

Now that's an intelligent post.   :idiot2:

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 02:09:33 PM »

Way to take my quote out of context. Not to mention it is KOB threatening physical violence towards what is admittedly an OLD man. Also you are leaving out the conciliatory tone of my post.

pmg911

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »
I am not being a wise guy hree but I thought Realfan was banned from JJ.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
I am not being a wise guy hree but I thought Realfan was banned from JJ.

Why would I be banned from JJ?  They appreciate intelligent opinions like mine.  You are confusing JJ with Redmen.conned

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Old Red, although I enjoyed most of his posts, was the only poster that I felt desrved to be banned.  That was not for his rants about basketball but, rather, for the vile personal attacks that he unleashed on some posters and moderators.

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:57 PM »
I just saw this thread now. Yikes! Some things never die.

WASJU always takes the summers off. Tha Kid's new firm has blocked JohnnyJungle.com which is probably good for productivity.

I really don't have tolerance for people to stir up nonsense here. It's one thing to joke around and it another for people to deliberately go out of their way to make others feel uncomfortable. It's ok to disagree as long as you respect the fact others are allowed to differ in their opinions.

I generally feel with the direction of the moderators and core posters the content here promotes basketball discussion not a bunch of internet punks going back and forth. Some people may prefer reading that crap and there are certainly other sites for that. I for one don't even like message boards that much anymore.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
Dave - you don't like messages boards.? What do you think drives most of the traffic to this site..?

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Dave - you don't like messages boards.? What do you think drives most of the traffic to this site..?

I enjoy putting together the creative direction of the editorial portion of the site a lot more than the message board. I'm just evolving and new traffic comes in because of editorials not because of the message board. The demographics for the message board is heavy ages 35-44, 45-54, 55+

Since closing off the forum, I don't pop up on google for message board content nor do I want to. 

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »

The demographics for the message board is heavy ages 35-44, 45-54, 55+

Wouldn't it have just been easier to write 35+ ? :)

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »

The demographics for the message board is heavy ages 35-44, 45-54, 55+

Wouldn't it have just been easier to write 35+ ? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=related

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »
Reddmannorth - you say he should use his time better but yet you are here responding.

I dont start useless threads, never have and never will.
Was commenting on this foolish thread that serves no purpose.
It is a shame you cant see the difference. 

pmg911

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 07:51:01 AM »
You think the thread is foolish but yet you continue to extend it. There is nothing I am not seeing here.

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »
WASJU .... dads ... Still find the time.

WASJU almost always posted from his job and rarely from home. It's more likely that he's unemployed than parenting.

Have been extremely busy at work(which considering the economy is a good thing I guess), and Dave is right I usually take the summers off. Not being a HS basketball expert I really can't comment on recruits other than to say if someone is coming here or thinking of coming here I am sure he will be good. Since there is virtually no reason to follow the Mets any longer I might try and pop in here every now again. Fun is  correct in that I rarely logged on from home, but even those rare occurences will be limited as our computer is now located in the basement and I am lazy. I must say I am extremely touched at how sincere and worried Fun seemed at the thought of my being unemployed :) As far as my parenting goes, my two year old is catching a rubber baseball with one hand and firing it back across the living room. He can also I dentify Jose Reyes and David Wright on the TV which is pretty amazing considering either Calliou, Mickey's clubhouse or one of the Toy Story movies are on 99% of the time. If 
those aren't Father of the year qualifications I don't know what is?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:02:53 PM by we are sju »

pmg911

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
At least you don't have to get stuck watching Yo Gabba Gabba.

You are missed on all the forums you posted on..!!!

Glad to hear all well on the work front.