Proposed Recruiting Changes

• 1 replies
Proposed Recruiting Changes
« on: October 20, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7128757/changes-way-college-hoops-recruiting

An email obtained by ESPN outlines changes in the visitation process and recruiting calendar for high school juniors following Jan. 1 of their junior season. College basketball coaches will ask for the ability to host juniors on official visits after that time.

The group is proposing to allow schools to pay for two parents or guardians to accompany prospects on their official visits. Presently, schools are only allowed to pay for recruits -- not their families -- during official visits.

The coaches are asking for unlimited contact with recruits following June 15 of their sophomore season.  (This seems crazy to me but I guess players are already probably getting hounded on facebook and twitter.)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Proposed Recruiting Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:25:37 PM »
I think the movement towards deregulating the rules isnt necessarily a bad thing from an NCAA / Coaches standpoint.  It makes it simpler and keeps the NCAA from spending time and money on small recruiting violations. 

Looking at it from the players perspective will prob be a diff story. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:27:56 PM by B-Squared »