Moe Harkless sets record for most points in a Big East debut

• 53 replies
Re: Moe Harkless sets record for most points in a Big East debut
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
I thought Rudy Gay would be the obvious comparison for Moe...

It's still real early, but this kid has all the skills to translate at the next level.  UConn will be a great test, but I'm more concerned on how our team performs than how Harkless does. 

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Harkless #8

Not a reliable source.

I'll still take it. I dont believe its pie in the sky either. only said that his name is mentioned as a high draft prospect. If he commits 15 TO, and scores 0 points vs. UCONN, I'm sure his projected status would be lower by next week. Thats what makes a market.

If this holds true (big if), there are only 2 nba players in the history of SJU that was drafted higher:

Round 1  Pick 7 Chris Mullin Golden State Warriors
Round 1  Pick 4 Sonny Dove Detroit Pistons
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:56:04 AM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 12:05:18 PM »
lets see if he's consistent. if he averages 25+ points this year and projected 1st round pick, i'm an advocate of him leaving for the draft. not sure of his family situation, but SJU will always be here for him.

FYI, #2 overall draft pick Derrick Williams averaged 19.1 pts for Arizona last year.   

great stat! so your point is my 25+ point average is a bit excessive?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:16:53 PM by buckeyestorm »

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »
I think we get 3 years from Moe.  His SF skills will need to be honed.  His shooting %s will need to be greatly improved...there are still questions on his ability to d-up smaller, quicker defenders and about disappearing for stretches.  I think he is a lottery pick after his junior year.

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
Hope the coaches tape this to Moe's locker this afternoon.

"It ran back and forth. He felt the moment Roscoe (Smith) committed, he said, ‘How can I play with him?’ Well, Roscoe’s going to be playing with different people himself, because we’re bringing in a kid from Germany. But he didn’t want to hear about it. But he’s doing well at St. John’s. I hope he does exceptionally well, he seems like a nice kid. And Roscoe’s got a national championship ring, so he’s done pretty well. Things have a way of working out."

-Jim Calhoun.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »

"It ran back and forth. He felt the moment Roscoe (Smith) committed, he said, ‘How can I play with him?’ Well, Roscoe’s going to be playing with different people himself, because we’re bringing in a kid from Germany. But he didn’t want to hear about it. But he’s doing well at St. John’s. I hope he does exceptionally well, he seems like a nice kid. And Roscoe’s got a national championship ring, so he’s done pretty well. Things have a way of working out."

-Jim Calhoun.

Read that a few hours ago, came off as very arrogant to me. Moe is too talented to be worried about getting PT, he would get big time minutes with them

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »
With that being said he reminds me of Caron Butler and maybe a little Rudy Gay.

Please don't compare our nubile crown jewel to Ucan't scum.

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »

-Jim Calhoun.

Wow, this guy is a piece of work. He can't just congratulate the kid without throwing a few jabs. And maybe he really is oblivious, but Moe did not decommit because of playing time.

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »

-Jim Calhoun.

Read that a few hours ago, came off as very arrogant to me. Moe is too talented to be worried about getting PT, he would get big time minutes with them

why doesn't jim mention all the scandals his program was facing when mo decommited? 

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 05:01:51 PM »

-Jim Calhoun.

why doesn't jim mention all the scandals his program was facing when mo decommited?
Drunk and doesn't remember.

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2011, 06:57:47 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7393306/a-primer-big-east-season-college-basketball

Freshman of the year (so far): St. John's Moe Harkless has been the lone bright spot in an otherwise frustrating season for the Red Storm. Amid all the turmoil -- Steve Lavin is still recovering from prostate cancer surgery and sophomore Nurideen Lindsey inexplicably announced he would transfer at semester's end -- Harkless has been reliable. He's scored in double figures in all but one game and is averaging a team-best 15.7 points and 8.5 rebounds, blowing open the doors on the Big East season with 32 against Providence in the conference opener on Tuesday.

Other contenders include Providence's LaDontae Henton, Louisville's Chane Behanan and Connecticut's Andre Drummond.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2011, 07:04:26 PM »
the lone bright spot ? what horsepoop!

ras

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »
Marco  That is one of your better posts.

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
i
Marco  That is one of your better posts.

Thanks,I worked hard on this one