Georgetown - Game Thread

• 128 replies
Re: Georgetown - Game Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2012, 01:44:27 PM »
Big misses by Moe. 

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
moe cant go 0-2 there
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »
Big misses by Moe.

Yup, can't afford that. We need to take advantage of opportunities.

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
Great block by Pointer.

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »
Well, that could be it for us...

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »
well there goes moe. Terrible man. We had our chances this half

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
I think we've missed our opportunity to cease the game.  Not to mention, Harkless has fouled out.

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »
I think we've missed our opportunity to cease the game.  Not to mention, Harkless has fouled out.

When we cut it to 3 we had to keep getting stops but we didn't, and now fatigue and lack of depth is coming into play.

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
The upset was brewing......not looking good

« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »

When we cut it to 3 we had to keep getting stops but we didn't, and now fatigue and lack of depth is coming into play.

We still have a window of opportunity, albeit small.

« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2012, 01:56:57 PM »
This game was just a clunker. Hope it doesnt hurt our confidence

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2012, 01:58:05 PM »
While it sucks to get so close and then have Moe foul out and stop all momentum, DAC having a bad shooting game, these guys next year are gonna be such a good team. I mean look at them now with 6 players and no coach.

I hate that they're 8-9 but I love that they're super competitive and will be a fantastic team in the future.

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2012, 01:59:13 PM »
While it sucks to get so close and then have Moe foul out and stop all momentum, DAC having a bad shooting game, these guys next year are gonna be such a good team. I mean look at them now with 6 players and no coach.

I hate that they're 8-9 but I love that they're super competitive and will be a fantastic team in the future.

+1. Just plain sad that some fans can't see this.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
Well when the NY Rangers have more power play goals then St. John's has made three pointers, it will be difficuly to win games...

That being said we need to hit some crucia shots at the foul line, we were within a couple of freethrows from doing something special.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2012, 02:10:34 PM »

Every dog has its day.  I'm confidently saying, some of these teams better have their fun with us now.  "Now," meaning this season.  The tide will turn, and I have a hunch it'll start turning next season.

I also hate being 8-9 and 2-4 in the conference.  But, I can sense a good future is in store.  We're gonna get this train rolling, and some teams may not wanna be in the way of it.     

ras

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »
We could use another outside shooter. When D LO is off or fouled out the opponant just clogs up the paint and dares us to shoot from outside.

« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »

Every dog has its day.  I'm confidently saying, some of these teams better have their fun with us now.  "Now," meaning this season.  The tide will turn, and I have a hunch it'll start turning next season.

I also hate being 8-9 and 2-4 in the conference.  But, I can sense a good future is in store.  We're gonna get this train rolling, and some teams may not wanna be in the way of it.     

I agree. There are Big East teams playing worse than our freshmen with some veterans like Pitt at 0-5 and Villanova!

desco80

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
Well when the NY Rangers have more power play goals then St. John's has made three pointers, it will be difficuly to win games...

That being said we need to hit some crucia shots at the foul line, we were within a couple of freethrows from doing something special.

We shot 70% from the free-throw line and lost by 20...

No offense, but foul shots weren't the problem today.   G-town being taller and deeper was the problem. 

Poison

« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Too bad Walter Matthau isn't around to give these kids a talking to.

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
garrets constantly improving

He still can't score...

You must've missed his and1. What a surprise, someone compliments one of our players, and you're right there with the negativity.

Whoopidy doo...has he even reach double-digits in points yet?  I'm talking about combined, for all games he's played in...does he have 10 points on the season yet?

Does points measure a player's talent? improvement?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle