South Florida - Game Thread

• 128 replies

desco80

Re: South Florida - Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »
I'm looking forward to all the new threads that are about to be started.

Likewise.

Crackpots aside, I think we make too much of the up and down tone of the threads from game to game.  That's the nature of sports to some degree.  I really don't think our fan base is all that different from most programs.

Last week I heard LSU fans wanted to fire Les Miles... and earlier this season WildCatNation thought Kentucky needed to stop recruiting NBA ready players after they lost to Indiana.   

Watching us against Providence and then watching this crap is going to give even the most level-headed observer different thoughts.

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 08:47:02 PM »
just got home, whats goin on?

For your sake I hope you're not kidding.  Nothing worth watching on SNY tonight..

If you think he didn't have an idea of what was going on then I have some land for you in Alaska.  They are having one of their worst winters in awhile.  So, dress warm and be ready to rid yourself of plenty of snow.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:49:00 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
can we score 54?
 :'(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:48:05 PM by illscalpya4000 »

Moose

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
I don't mind losing.  I know how to lose very well rooting for STJ during the Norm years.

Getting embarrassed and standing by while teams take their swings at you is a different story.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »
I'm looking forward to all the new threads that are about to be started.

Likewise.

Crackpots aside, I think we make too much of the up and down tone of the threads from game to game.  That's the nature of sports to some degree.  I really don't think our fan base is all that different from most programs.

Last week I heard LSU fans wanted to fire Les Miles... and earlier this season WildCatNation thought Kentucky needed to stop recruiting NBA ready players after they lost to Indiana.   

Watching us against Providence and then watching this crap is going to give even the most level-headed observer different thoughts.

I don't have any different thoughts.  I can't say it'll be that way in another month, but I don't have any at the moment. 

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2012, 08:49:07 PM »

For your sake I hope you're not kidding.  Nothing worth watching on SNY tonight..

If you think he doesn't have an idea of what was going on then I have some land for you in Alaska.  They are having one of their worst winters in awhile.  So, dress warm and be ready to rid yourself of plenty of snow.

Hey cranky pantys, I just got home

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
I don't mind losing.  I know how to lose very well rooting for STJ during the Norm years.

Getting embarrassed and standing by while teams take their swings at you is a different story.
Which is why I have been rooting for hard fouls the last 10 minutes:)

desco80

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »

If you think he doesn't have an idea of what was going on then I have some land for you in Alaska.  They are having one of their worst winters in awhile.  So, dress warm and be ready to rid yourself of plenty of snow.

Haha fair enough.   I guess I don't have the read on him that you do

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »

Haha fair enough.   I guess I don't have the read on him that you do

Ya hes a genius

Moose

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
I consider myself a pretty level headed fan.

But standing around for 30 seconds and then traveling, throwing the ball away or hoisting up a ridiculously hard shot is NOT basketball.  I'm sorry to say it but its not.

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
This is Tough!! wait until we play DUKE and the upper echelon of the BE
at this point we got a 6'8 kid with a Scholly
play'em we are losing by 20 anyway!!!!!!!!!!
I dont wanna say this but jumping off this ship is pretty understandable if u are a player who wants to win and play for a
Div.1 level Head coach
 :tickedoff:
I see a Big losing streak coming.
This schedule was too tough for a team this young and this will effect their confidence in a negative standpoint in my opinion.
I have seen better offense in CYO in the 90's!!!!!!!!
PS these pranksters on SNY Stink as announcers and the Refs were so biased   >:(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:00:56 PM by illscalpya4000 »

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »

It wasn't just Norm years, either.  I recall getting embarrassed several times during Fraschilla's first season.  I would be ticked after most games.  I recalled a friend of mine chuckling and silently rooting for the opposition whenever he watched a game with me.  I told him things were gonna change the following season.

Well, it started off slowly, but eventually things did change the following year.  I just feel things are gonna change next season for us.

boo3

« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
 Where's Marillac?  We need his unbridled optimism right now.

Moose

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »

It wasn't just Norm years, either.  I recall getting embarrassed several times during Fraschilla's first season.  I would be ticked after most games.  I recalled a friend of mine chuckling and silently rooting for the opposition whenever he watched a game with me.  I told him things were gonna change the following season.

Well, it started off slowly, but eventually things did change the following year.  I just feel things are gonna change next season for us.

Wasn't a fan for the Fran years so all I have is what Jarvis left behind and Normie.

Moose

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
If I go to the Syracuse game I will get arrested.  Anyone willing to pony up the bail money?

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »

I dont wanna say this but jumping off this ship is pretty understandable if u are a player who wants to win and play for a Div level coach

This is just crazy talk. I'm pretty sure any poster here with the name Ill in his handle must be nuts

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »
49 points again?

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

Wasn't a fan for the Fran years so all I have is what Jarvis left behind and Normie.

Well, I can tell you the first season and a half wasn't exactly poetry, Moose.  There were some ugly games and losses.

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2012, 08:59:52 PM »
I'd sit everyone of those kids on the floor in the last minute with the way they looked to start the next game. that is unacceptable on any level for any team, especially this one.

desco80

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »
This game had a very different feel to it than some of our other lop-sided losses.   I don't want to say the effort wasn't there.... but even for us guys were standing around more than usual.   

And we definitely looked a step slower than usual.   Hope were not hitting a wall.