Troops coming home

• 13 replies
Troops coming home
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
My brother(forced to retire from FDNY) is hosting a wounded warrior and his family this week. The kid had his legs blown off. My brother and a couple of his FDNY buddies went down to Bethesda,Maryland in early December to cook these disabled veterans a holiday dinner.I made my $ donation but damn it just doesnt seem right. This kid is a redneck with no job experiece other than killing the enemy. The government needs to take care of these guys, they should live for free. My brother is taking him and his family to Ground Zero to show him what he is fighting for. Other FDNY members who own bars/restaraunts around the City are making sure this family has nothing to worry abbout while they are here. We cant forget about these guys! God bless them

Re: Troops coming home
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »
Fantastic post. These men & woman are brave enough to risk their lives to allow me to go to school, watch basketball games & live my every day life. Can not thank all those who serve or have served enough especially those who have lost their lives fighting in honor of this country.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:55:59 PM »
Fantastic post. These men & woman are brave enough to risk their lives to allow me to go to school, watch basketball games & live my every day life. Can not thank all those who serve or have served enough especially those who have lost their lives fighting in honor of this country.

Youre not kidding man, St Johns should host these guys for a game at the Garden. Lavin, get on it!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »

Youre not kidding man, St Johns should host these guys for a game at the Garden. Lavin, get on it!

Would be fantastic to have a troops night, all those who are in the service get in free. Has St. Johns ever done anything like that in the past?

Moose

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:01 PM »

They do honor one per game I've noticed on the scoreboard and talking about their accomplishments.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:23 PM »

Would be fantastic to have a troops night, all those who are in the service get in free. Has St. Johns ever done anything like that in the past?

Not sure. Have to ask those die hards like mjmaher and poison

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:42:46 PM »

Not sure if they have. Like Moose said I know now it seems they honor someone at halftime which is pretty cool.

Your brother is a great guy for doing this.

BTW why was he forced to retire ?

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »

Not sure if they have. Like Moose said I know now it seems they honor someone at halftime which is pretty cool.

9/11 asthma. He played D1 ball, now its a chore to wallk

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:20 PM »

Oh man that sucks. Before my brother became a helicopter pilot for the nypd he used to work in the 75th precinct. After 9/11 he worked on the pile for a couple of weeks. Thank god it was only a couple of weeks because of what happened to all the guys like your brother unfortunately. I hope he's getting taken care of by the city. He deserves it

On a side note that cop in brooklyn who got shot and killed while on duty several weeks ago was my brothers ex partner. If my brother didn't transfer to the aviation he'd have been responding to that call with him.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:07:15 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »

Respct fo all those who worked in that aftermath when the gov't was prematurely sayin the air was safe and fo all the brothers who was sent overseas and is still overseas.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 01:01:59 PM »
Knowing Baldi's brother longer then I know Baldi, I can say he is one solid dude and was a very good hoops player in a his day.!!!

LJSA

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 07:43:49 PM »

How's his mental health?

My brother was among the first paramedics on the scene, and in addition to nonstop health issues ever since, he went off the deep end on the fifth anniversary and decided he hated my parents. He hasn't spoken to them since. I'm really afraid that one day I get a call from his girlfriend telling me he killed himself.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:48 PM »

How's his mental health?

My brother was among the first paramedics on the scene, and in addition to nonstop health issues ever since, he went off the deep end on the fifth anniversary and decided he hated my parents. He hasn't spoken to them since. I'm really afraid that one day I get a call from his girlfriend telling me he killed himself.

Hasnt been the same since. Shell of his former self. Totally different person

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:36:47 PM »

How's his mental health?

Wow. Heavy stuff