Moe Harkless

• 158 replies
Re: Moe Harkless
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 11:03:33 AM »
I dont like the fact that the article says the program is in turmoil and there are questions about Lavins health. Not good for the recruits to read.

Recruits aren't reading those articles. They'll look at mock drafts but reading, na.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
 Why do I get the feeling mcnpa was hyperventilating when typing his responses to the possibility of Harkless turning pro. ;)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
I don´t like this kind of rumors.

And after his great performance against Duke there will be more.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 02:20:36 PM »
I love him but you don't go pro if you shoot 20% from 3.

Moose

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »

He has good people around him.  Remember Nate's previous protege in Charlie V.  He stayed 2 years at Uconn.  The longer he stays the higher he goes and the more $ he makes.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »

He has good people around him.  Remember Nate's previous protege in Charlie V.  He stayed 2 years at Uconn.  The longer he stays the higher he goes and the more $ he makes.

From your lips to God's ears.

gman

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
We want him to get drafted in the lottery, and be a star in the league. That can happen, but I don't think it's even reasonable to mention it until he plays like an NBA player. Wes Johnson was one of the best BE players I've ever seen. He was also a 6'8 swingman like Harkless. Similar build. He's averaging 10 ppg in the league. He was pick #3.

Wes Johnson measured barely over 6'6" in the pre-draft measurements.  He is a tweener.  Mo is a legit 2-3 inches taller then him.

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »
Mo seems like a really intelligent kid, and from what I've read on this board and others, he has smart people around him.  As good as he is already, I think they'll know that he is at least another year away.  A lot of the plays he makes in the interior won't translate to the next level at this point because he needs to grow/fill-out, and his outside game, ball-handling and foul shooting all should improve before he makes the leap.  I cannot wait to see what he looks like next season with a full year in the weight room and working with our fantastic staff.  I could possibly see him leaving after his sophomore year if a team believes he is lotto worthy and his game continues to improve, or after his junior year for sure. 

Regardless, I love everything about the kid, and appreciate him being the first big time recruit to show love for the Johnnies.  Him and Harrison were terrific today, and I commend all the kids for the way they played in one of the toughest environments in college hoops. 

MCNPA

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 03:14:41 PM »

His percentage wont make- difference.  Nate Blue says he's coming back and he should because it's a strong draft.  That said, I don't care when Mo goes because I think it is ultimately good for sju either way, but both would be served well quoth one more year.  The best players on the floor today were 1) Harkless 2) Harrison 3) Rivers 4) everybody else...    Mo will be great next season and be able to expand his game even more.  If Mo comes back for soph season I really can see him a too 5 pick in 2013.

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »

His percentage wont make- difference.  Nate Blue says he's coming back and he should because it's a strong draft.  That said, I don't care when Mo goes because I think it is ultimately good for sju either way, but both would be served well quoth one more year.  The best players on the floor today were 1) Harkless 2) Harrison 3) Rivers 4) everybody else...    Mo will be great next season and be able to expand his game even more.  If Mo comes back for soph season I really can see him a too 5 pick in 2013.

Mason plumlee probably has something to say about that list. Ive never been a fan of rivers since watching him in high school. Give me Harrison over him
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
Moe isnt the strongest kid in the world but in all honesty he plays much stronger than gift who is built out of stone. You can see a visible difference in moes muscle tone from the start of the season till now. Imagine a full off season of work for moe.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
Did gift box out one time today?

Moose

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

Do you DVR games?  Go back and check out him clearing out space for Moe and other rebounders.  Dirty job but someone has to do it.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 03:49:56 PM »
Gift is really bad offensive player. On the other hand, Harkless is clearly a stud and if stays next season he will challenge for BE player of the year.

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »
Gift is really bad offensive player. On the other hand, Harkless is clearly a stud and if stays next season he will challenge for BE player of the year.

I said it in the game thread....  Moe Harkless will be the preseason Big East POY next season.

Poison

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »

Do you DVR games?  Go back and check out him clearing out space for Moe and other rebounders.  Dirty job but someone has to do it.

I will, and you're probably right, but it just felt like he wasn't rebounding esp early on

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
This kid can flat out play.  Wow is he smooth.
@Coachnice persong

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
I would LOVE to see how this team could do next year if Lavin could add one big and maybe a JUCO guard that could knock down a three. With another big, a decent shooting guard and Branch I think this could be a sweet 16 team. Recruit, Harkless with Dom and Garret alternating at the three. GG would be the big off the bench. Harrison and Branch start with Juco and Greene coming off the bench.  It is a shame that this scenerio probably wont play out however. I think Moe should stay one more year and play on an NCAA team while working on his jumper. You can't blame a kid for grabbing the dough though. I am sure a bunch of you will though. But Harkless was the best guy on the floor today and I am sure we are not the only people who noticed.

Moose

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »
I would LOVE to see how this team could do next year if Lavin could add one big and maybe a JUCO guard that could knock down a three. With another big, a decent shooting guard and Branch I think this could be a sweet 16 team. Recruit, Harkless with Dom and Garret alternating at the three. GG would be the big off the bench. Harrison and Branch start with Juco and Greene coming off the bench.  It is a shame that this scenerio probably wont play out however. I think Moe should stay one more year and play on an NCAA team while working on his jumper. You can't blame a kid for grabbing the dough though. I am sure a bunch of you will though. But Harkless was the best guy on the floor today and I am sure we are not the only people who noticed.

Why won't your scenario play out?  Were in it with big men.  Your correct that we haven't heard a shooters name mentioned tho.

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:56 PM »
But Harkless was the best guy on the floor today and I am sure we are not the only people who noticed.

Nah, we weren't the only ones who noticed.  Brent Musburger was slobbering all over Moe like a baby on a bib.  I thought Dickie V was gonna have to wipe Musburger's mouth. 

I think Lavin will nab the necessary pieces, along with the returning players (Moe, included), and you'll see this team really take off next season.