Duke - Pregame Links

• 3 replies
Duke - Pregame Links
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
You wonder if the members of the Wonder Five know what they’re getting into, wonder if they’re ready to walk into the coliseum known as Cameron Indoor Stadium, wonder if they’re prepared to take on the gladiators known as the Duke Blue Devils, wonder if they won’t get rattled by the Crazies who have plenty of rhetoric at their disposal to turn their thumbs down and their noses up at this wonderfully young St. John’s team.

The Red Storm (9-11) are expected to have five freshmen starters this afternoon.

Eighth-ranked Duke (17-3) had its armor pierced in its most recent home game, a 76-73 loss to Florida State that snapped a 45-game home win streak. Last year, the Red Storm pounded the Blue Devils, 93-78, in the Garden.

“We don’t respect any team too much,’’ said freshman D’Angelo Harrison when asked if the Red Storm are intimidated by the task at hand. “They’ll play, we’ll play, we’ll see what happens.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/duke_big_test_for_st_john_freshmen_7ZHdAqpyXI190w5G0UJUKL#ixzz1klWtHpPv

« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 10:05:33 AM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Duke - Pregame Links
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:47 AM »
We thought we’d start our look at St. John’s with a look back at Carl Heimel’s pre-season take on the Johnnies and then see what they look like now.

There’s a good chance you may have seen Steve Lavin sitting next to you on an airplane this past year. Or maybe you saw him at a rental car counter, in a hotel lobby, or sitting in a high school gym. That’s because Lavin, whose Red Storm squad was faced with losing their top 7 players, hit the road and put together a monster recruiting class composed of 9 players.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=43426

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:15:14 AM »
Anybody who thought D'Angelo would be intimidate is crazy.  D'Lo is all Cobra Kai!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012612aaa.html

Dunlap On playing at Cameron Indoor Stadium:
"The fact is, if we are emotional and get knocked off center, the recover part of our three R's is important. Maybe we take a timeout, let them breathe, let them feel the environment and go back at who we are. What's important is to play our roles and play within ourselves and may take our freshmen to a different place for a little while, but we won't overreact as a coaching staff."

Freshman Swingman Moe Harkless

On No. 8/6 Duke:
"I've seen Duke play on TV countless times. It's definitely a great environment. I can't wait. It's Duke, the name speaks for itself. They have a great coach, great players. We have to be ready to play."

Freshman Guard D'Angelo Harrison

On No. 8/6 Duke:
"I'm excited. I've been excited in practice, I'm excited getting on the bus, I'll be excited on the plane. We just have to stay focused and stay together. If we do that I think we'll be OK."