@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies
Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »
Wasju = Bobre?   Now i am really confused.  I need a break from here. 

Besides the fact that I was in no way shape or form a Sean Evans fan the irony in Dopey MCN claiming I am someone I am not, than scolding me for giving my opinion on a SJU basketball related subject is pretty good. And for the record even with his love for Sean Evans I would rather be Bobre than a dope with an obvious cross dressing fetish like MCNPA.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:35:53 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2012, 10:36:31 AM »
I'm class of 72 from redmen

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
Didn't know you were bobre, I am traczok from redmen.com

No I am not WASJU from BEB and here. I am now convinced that MCNPA is that other doofus Fordham though.

tnice

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
Rumors still persist because some "fans" still like to create negative rumors and enjoy the buzz it creates.

If this is directed at me you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader. I simply posted that IN MY OPINION there seems to be a real chance Lavin might not come back. I think I stressed it a minimum of ten times.

Was it only ten? It seems more like a thousand and ten. I dont think anyone questioning you has reading comprehension issues..maybe they have difficulty understanding your logic, or lack thereof.

I've stayed out of this debate- and most others on here lately- because its silly, repetitive and boring. But I have to ask this question to you and the other Chicken Littles: Can you please explain to me how a player considering SJU would supposedly reconsider that decision due to Lavin's  health issues when Lavin is standing right there in front of him after his games, perfectly healthy except for his bathroom issues, no hair loss, not looking frail, talking a mile a minute like he always does? Some assistant from UConn or some nitwit on a message board can say he's sick, he's not coming back, whatever- but there he is, standing right in front of the kid, looking the same as he always did, TELLING THE KID TO HIS FACE, HE'S FINE AND COMING BACK NEXT YEAR. How exactly is Lavin's health then an issue?

As others have stated...why is this even a conversation before May? When the spring signing period is over, we'll see where we stand. It cracks me up that we're talking about something which is unknowable, but anyone who has faith is Lavin's ability to recruit is a rose-colored galsses wearing dreamer, but people who have doubts- ABOUT SOMETHING UNKNOWABLE- are considered cold-eyed realists. Please, for the love of God, give it a rest already.

sju89tr

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:59 AM »
Didn't know you were bobre, I am traczok from redmen.com

No I am not WASJU from BEB and here. I am now convinced that MCNPA is that other doofus Fordham though.

Haha, MCN is not Fordham. You had thought I was some new poster the other day but before the RM site went down I probably had about 7000-8000 posts over there. I lost my way with the message boards over the years due to the Roberts days. Don't post as much as I used to but read a lot.

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
Was it only ten? It seems more like a thousand and ten. I dont think anyone questioning you has reading comprehension issues..maybe they have difficulty understanding your logic, or lack thereof.

I've stayed out of this debate- and most others on here lately- because its silly, repetitive and boring. But I have to ask this question to you and the other Chicken Littles: Can you please explain to me how a player considering SJU would supposedly reconsider that decision due to Lavin's  health issues when Lavin is standing right there in front of him after his games, perfectly healthy except for his bathroom issues, no hair loss, not looking frail, talking a mile a minute like he always does? Some assistant from UConn or some nitwit on a message board can say he's sick, he's not coming back, whatever- but there he is, standing right in front of the kid, looking the same as he always did, TELLING THE KID TO HIS FACE, HE'S FINE AND COMING BACK NEXT YEAR. How exactly is Lavin's health then an issue?

As others have stated...why is this even a conversation before May? When the spring signing period is over, we'll see where we stand. It cracks me up that we're talking about something which is unknowable, but anyone who has faith is Lavin's ability to recruit is a rose-colored galsses wearing dreamer, but people who have doubts- ABOUT SOMETHING UNKNOWABLE- are considered cold-eyed realists. Please, for the love of God, give it a rest already.

This might be the worst post ever. And that is saying a lot.
I posted once that IMO I think there is a chance he might not come back and all of those who I guess are living under a rock took offense to my post.  And I never said anything about his health. I am pretty amazed that coach brings you on his recruiting trips though. I am assuming that is how you know what "HE IS TELLING THEM TO THEIR FACE".
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:14:26 AM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
 For the record, I am not that Boo harvey clown that posts on redmen.com.

I am Mullin20 over there, though i rarely post.

For some reason wasju has become the poster child for all the nice personic posts that have occurred lately.

While i agree that having Lavin standing in your living room talking to you and your parents holds more water than what some clown says on a message board, the fact remains, that no players have signed on as of yet , besides transfer Branch who needed to transfer right away to be eligible next Dec. . We don't know what Lavin is saying to these kids about his future, and until a kid signs on the dotted line, the questions will remain.

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »

I posted once that IMO I think there is a chance he might not come back and all of those who I guess are living under a rock took offense to my post.  And I never said anything about his health. I am pretty amazed that coach brings you on his recruiting trips though. I am assuming that is how you know what "HE IS TELLING THEM TO THEIR FACE".

So he's going to recruits games and not talking to them? That seems like a waste of time. I think it's fair to assume "HE IS TELLING THEM TO THEIR FACE."

tnice

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »
I posted once that IMO I think there is a chance he might not come back and all of those who I guess are living under a rock took offense to my post. 

That is a total lie. You've posted a bunch of times just in this thread, including a helpful view into your (attempt at) reason. To sum up, you think reports of his recruiting trips are "staged", that there is a nefarious PR effort to pump up Dunlap, that he told Nuri to take a hike because he (Lavin) wasnt coming back anyway, that the whole coaching vs recruiting reasons are BS ( not sure how that proves he's not coming back) and the fact that we havent signed anyone YET.

You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is those are stupid reasons to say Lavin isnt coming back.

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
That is a total lie. You've posted a bunch of times just in this thread, including a helpful view into your (attempt at) reason. To sum up, you think reports of his recruiting trips are "staged", that there is a nefarious PR effort to pump up Dunlap, that he told Nuri to take a hike because he (Lavin) wasnt coming back anyway, that the whole coaching vs recruiting reasons are BS ( not sure how that proves he's not coming back) and the fact that we havent signed anyone YET.

You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is those are stupid reasons to say Lavin isnt coming back.

I only posted once. I was forced to respond to people taking offense to an opinion that I had that was pretty tame. All I said was" I am starting to think their is a CHANCE he might not be coming back". I didn't say it was a fact. I didn't say Louie Carnesecca whispered into my ear. I didn't say my mysterious sources told me. Hell I didn't even say MCNPA's blow up doll told me. I just stated what I was feeling. I am starting to understand the problem though. I posted what YOU ALL are thinking, and it scared you. As far as what Lavin tells recruits, I have no idea and either do any of you. Unfortunately whatever it is for the first time in coach's life it doesn't seem to be working.

Tha Kid

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
On this Valentine's Day, let's not rip Bobre for his unbridled love of Sean Evans.  Let's let him express his love in peace, just like Marillac and Taurasi, and WASJU and Baldi...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
On this Valentine's Day, let's not rip Bobre for his unbridled love of Sean Evans.  Let's let him express his love in peace, just like Marillac and Taurasi, and WASJU and Baldi...

And you and JJ Reddick

DFF6

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:55 AM »

I only posted once. I was forced to respond to people taking offense to an opinion that I had that was pretty tame. All I said was" I am starting to think their is a CHANCE he might not be coming back". I didn't say it was a fact. I didn't say Louie Carnesecca whispered into my ear. I didn't say my mysterious sources told me. Hell I didn't even say MCNPA's blow up doll told me. I just stated what I was feeling. I am starting to understand the problem though. I posted what YOU ALL are thinking, and it scared you. As far as what Lavin tells recruits, I have no idea and either do any of you. Unfortunately whatever it is for the first time in coach's life it doesn't seem to be working.

You're having too much fun with this thread.

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »
You had thought I was some new poster the other day but before the RM site went down I probably had about 7000-8000 posts over there. I lost my way with the message boards over the years due to the Roberts days. Don't post as much as I used to but read a lot.

Yes I remember you from the good old days from BEB and men were men and you were allowed to insult each other on these boards and no one ever got banned but Scotch and Baldi. If I remember correctly you were a mod and that place was like the wild west so what are you doing over here complaining about my posts  ;)

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »
You had thought I was some new poster the other day but before the RM site went down I probably had about 7000-8000 posts over there. I lost my way with the message boards over the years due to the Roberts days. Don't post as much as I used to but read a lot.

Yes I remember you from the good old days from BEB and men were men and you were allowed to insult each other on these boards and no one ever got banned but Scotch and Baldi. If I remember correctly you were a mod and that place was like the wild west so what are you doing over here complaining about my posts  ;)
Funny BEB reference, but so very true.

SJUFAN

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
Funny how some y'all still dont understand how hard it is when you is in front of thousands of peoples, wit TV cameras on you, wit players you gotta coach, wit a staff you gotta lead....

......and there aint a toilet around and you cant control yo water too good.

That makes tons of sense, however, why is Lavin not running practices when he is not out recruiting?  I think that would help the moral of the current players who signed on to play for Lavin.

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »
That makes tons of sense, however, why is Lavin not running practices when he is not out recruiting?  I think that would help the moral of the current players who signed on to play for Lavin.

Be prepared to duck flying nonsense. But seriously the other thing that I thought was strange was the team's reaction to seeing Lavin at the W Viginia game. They went over to him like a relative that you haven't seen in awhile that is home for Christmas. Is Lavin in any contact with the team?

paultzman

« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »
 :) Hope Lavs is wearing a Johnnies hat.

“@STJCoachLavin: http://t.co/SMSPzY1h Productive day recruiting for #stjbb... Dinner w/ 3 former players...Ryan Bailey, ... http://t.co/WtHcLFw1

desco80

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »

So he's going to recruits games and not talking to them? That seems like a waste of time. I think it's fair to assume "HE IS TELLING THEM TO THEIR FACE."

I'm sure Lavin being at their games tells recruits pretty clearly that he's healthy.   But, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, we're not currently in a "contact" period, so coach isn't talking directly to any of the players unless they come to campus for a visit.  He's prohibited from talking to them actually.   This is an evaluation period only.  At least until March.

So, this "TO THEIR FACE" argument... is a mute point.   They can see him at their games, but coach isn't talking to any kid face to face.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:21:13 PM by desco80 »

SJUFAN

« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2012, 02:13:19 PM »
If true, Lavin has bet the farm that he can sell SJU to the recruits without commiting to be the coach.  If it works, it could start a new trend in CBB.  If not, these boards will be "flaming" with frustration.   

Though we all know the reality is different, the NCAA makes it pretty clear the kid is playing for a school, not the coach. Like I said even if he does not come back I think coach does not want to leave the school in a bad way. If a kid agrees to play for coach and coach decides not to coach it still puts Dunlap or next coach with a foot in the door for the recruit. Again this is all speculation. If I had to bet I would say coach is not 100% sure what he is going to do. As per my original quote I said there is a chance coach is not coming back at all. I would not be shocked if he came back next year but would not be shocked if he didn't. I would be shocked if he came back this season.

First, Lavin has stated on national TV that he is coming back, so to suggest that he would not reiterate that same comment to a recruit and their family doesn't seem logical. Secondly, Lavin is not Cal, he is a very high character individual. If Lavin felt he would not return, he is not going to "sell the idea" to a 17-18 yr old kid on playing for him just to get him to commit to the school if he had no intentions of being the coach. He will be our coach.