Jay Z went to college?

No he didn't.
Didnt even graduate HS

School of the Hard Knocks!
I hope u know Jay Z did do this - just in case - for "OldFan" - lol

Jay Z Hard knock life

Re: To all recruits...
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
Jay-Z, being a minority owner in the Nets, may not be spending too much time at the Garden.

But he can be front and center when we play in Brooklyn which will be an annual visit.  Who knows--Maybe St. John's vs. St. Francis will be the inaugural college game at the new arena!
Jay Z will be there to watch the Terps upset Kentucky in the inaugural game at the Barclay Center in November  ;)

Plus the H to the Izzo:

"H to the Izz-O, V to the Izz-A,
Fo' shizzle my nizzle used to dribble down in VA
Was herbin' em in the home of the Terrapins"   :2funny:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:45:55 PM by bball purist »

Poison

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
If Jay Z lover St.John's so much it wouldn't be a secret. He'd be at games. Ashley Judd loves Kentucky. Bill Clinton loves Arkansas. We need a love affair like that.

He'll be there when we are a top 10 team in 2 years, along with 10k other frontrunners. I remember Spike showing up court side with his Barkley jersey on back in the day.

If winning was so important to him why did he buy the Nets?

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
If Jay Z lover St.John's so much it wouldn't be a secret. He'd be at games. Ashley Judd loves Kentucky. Bill Clinton loves Arkansas. We need a love affair like that.

He'll be there when we are a top 10 team in 2 years, along with 10k other frontrunners. I remember Spike showing up court side with his Barkley jersey on back in the day.

If winning was so important to him why did he buy the Nets?
Wait'll Cal wins his first Natty, and Prokhorov pays him 6-7 mil to return to the NBA.  He's burnt from recruiting already, and he wants to erase the biggest blemish from his resume.  Purely my speculation.  Lin ruined my original theory of Cal coming to NY.  Maybe it'll still happen if the team doesn't make the playoffs cuz of Melo.

LJSA

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
Wait'll Cal wins his first Natty, and Prokhorov pays him 6-7 mil to return to the NBA.  He's burnt from recruiting already, and he wants to erase the biggest blemish from his resume.  Purely my speculation.  Lin ruined my original theory of Cal coming to NY.  Maybe it'll still happen if the team doesn't make the playoffs cuz of Melo.

I think Kentucky would go after Drew, which would leave Gathers at Baylor without the staff that recruited him, which is fine by me. Come on, Cal! Don't coach your team to a loss in the championship game again!

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 12:42:27 AM »
First off, I think he meant Jay Z performed at St. Johns.

Jay Z definitely attend St. Johns. The closest connection Jay had to St. Johns back then was that Damon Dashs girl (at the time) went to St Johns.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »
Jay Z didn't finish high school. Jay Z didn't go to St. John's.

J Cole went to St. John's. J Cole is signed on Jay Z's music label. J Cole is pretty good.

There you go, now you guys know the truth.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:12:30 PM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
Jay Z came to Midnight Madness at Carnesseca during the Jarvis year.  I remember the entire arena was sold out.

Jay also made an appearance at a game in The Garden wearing an Erick Barkley jersey.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
We had Lloyd Banks and Wiz Kalifa this year. That's not nothing. Caused a minor riot in my section.