So the new King is a tyrannical hypocrite

• 3 replies
So the new King is a tyrannical hypocrite
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
I apologize for starting a topic here regarding a competing board and would understand if the moderators either lock or delete the post.

By way of introduction, while I have been a member of this forum since its inception, my alter-identity (rather my former alter-identity) is Poordicks of BEB.  When that site was sold, I asked the new self-appointed royalist how he intended to run the shop.  His response was with virtually no restraint (in fact, his latest post event invites rancorous exchange).  While on the surface that may sound ideal, it also opens the way for incivility and abuse which, as many of you know, that board was known for and in large part led to its demise.  With that response, I resigned my moderator role on that site as I knew that such a framework would hasten its demise.

Well that board has been dead of late, the last two threads were no more than the ranting's of a lunatic that had nothing to do with SJU.  In an attempt to point that out I posted in kind in a sarcastic manner.  While I knew it was only a matter before the new proprietor had me dispatched, my attempt to remind him that the site was supposed to be about SJU was enough for him to pull the trigger.  For those of you that think the new ownership at BEB will make it better, think back to the old BE board which was almost sued due to the garbage that was allowed on it.  Smell that?  Here it comes again. 

I look forward to the 2012-13 season and to participating with you all on JJ.

Foad

Re: So the new King is a tyrannical hypocrite
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »
I apologize for starting a topic here regarding a competing board and would understand if the moderators either lock or delete the post.

By way of introduction, while I have been a member of this forum since its inception, my alter-identity (rather my former alter-identity) is Poordicks of BEB.  When that site was sold, I asked the new self-appointed royalist how he intended to run the shop.  His response was with virtually no restraint (in fact, his latest post event invites rancorous exchange).  While on the surface that may sound ideal, it also opens the way for incivility and abuse which, as many of you know, that board was known for and in large part led to its demise.  With that response, I resigned my moderator role on that site as I knew that such a framework would hasten its demise.

Well that board has been dead of late, the last two threads were no more than the ranting's of a lunatic that had nothing to do with SJU.  In an attempt to point that out I posted in kind in a sarcastic manner.  While I knew it was only a matter before the new proprietor had me dispatched, my attempt to remind him that the site was supposed to be about SJU was enough for him to pull the trigger.  For those of you that think the new ownership at BEB will make it better, think back to the old BE board which was almost sued due to the garbage that was allowed on it.  Smell that?  Here it comes again. 

I look forward to the 2012-13 season and to participating with you all on JJ.

I reply only to correct the record.

1. The site was gifted, not sold.

2. The site is "supposed to be about" whatever I want it to be about. If I cared what you thought it was supposed to be about I'd have asked. Unfortunately for you what I want it to be about is not having people like you tell me what matters are appropriate for discussion.

That is all.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:32:02 PM »
Wait a second?!?@?&%?#?

Fun is the new owner of BEB?

Must check that out. 

uwsfan

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:13:26 PM »
BigEastBoards is a joke of a website.

Only three teams have boards, the rest were deleted due to low activity long ago.