Notre Dame leaving Big East

• 53 replies

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
Re: Notre Dame leaving Big East
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
Not sure if this is a reliable source at all, but this article is really interesting. Talks about St. John's potential move to the ACC at length.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/acc/view/the-acc-plus-notre-dame-plus-navy

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
UHF barely counts in adding to the totals unless you were watching Uncle Floyd. 

Larry Zbyszko's favorite TV show.

And Joey Ramone's!  Uncle Floyd Show's on the TV!

redslope

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:44 PM »
I was brought up with ND football.  It was the Catholic college football team.  I have watched my last ND football game; Roll Tide!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »
Rothstein offers an idiotic suggestion!

“@JonRothstein: Here's a thought for the Big East. Invite Fordham and have them play all home games in the Barclays Center. Another NYC team helps branding.”

Fordham??? What is wrong with him...They have not been remotely relevant in 30+ years...and are not on their way anywhere...

He loves Pecora...not sure why as IMO, he is very overrated in the NYC area

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »
I was brought up with ND football.  It was the Catholic college football team.  I have watched my last ND football game; Roll Tide!!!!!!
If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold
You gotta know the password
Roll Tide Roll

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
death by a thousand cuts.  the problem with this is that i already don't recognize this league anymore, and the turnover isn't going to stop here.  i say, let the basketball schools break away and have their own league...and at least we'll have some stability, and not have to constantly look over our shoulder waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Do it now!

Make a super basketball conference.  18 schools.  East and West split.  Strength in numbers among basketball schools.
Sad reality is that even by keeping lower tier teams on board for football, it brings in much more money than bball on the whole.  I know you know this, but the declaration of a bball breakaway won't do much good.  I'd still keep the viable football teams and bring in a few more until the bitter end.

Moose

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
death by a thousand cuts.  the problem with this is that i already don't recognize this league anymore, and the turnover isn't going to stop here.  i say, let the basketball schools break away and have their own league...and at least we'll have some stability, and not have to constantly look over our shoulder waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Do it now!

Make a super basketball conference.  18 schools.  East and West split.  Strength in numbers among basketball schools.
Sad reality is that even by keeping lower tier teams on board for football, it brings in much more money than bball on the whole.  I know you know this, but the declaration of a bball breakaway won't do much good.  I'd still keep the viable football teams and bring in a few more until the bitter end.

I'd argue against that point.  The money a focused bball league can get with the right TV partner and a fmr CBS exec will be pretty darn close to what they will likely get with the Uconn's, Rutgers, Lville, and South Fla's of the world.

STJ, Gtown and Nova need to grow a pair and stop getting rejected by the girl for the prom.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:05:21 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 01:31:55 PM »
“@ESPNAndyKatz: Notre Dame wants to maintain several Big East rivalries http://t.co/Ud40tzas

redslope

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
“@ESPNAndyKatz: Notre Dame wants to maintain several Big East rivalries http://t.co/Ud40tzas

Do unto others as they have done unto us.  The have committed one of the seven deadly sins--greed!!  let them live with their choice but screw them about playing us.  We don't need to travel to South Bend--what alumni of SJU does that benefit, all so they can satisfy their NY alums.  They  should have thought about their alumni when they decided to switch.  Now Brey wants to have his cake and eat it.  He can, as they say in ALice in Wonderland, "eat me".

desco80

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »

Do unto others as they have done unto us.  The have committed one of the seven deadly sins--greed!!  let them live with their choice but screw them about playing us.  We don't need to travel to South Bend--what alumni of SJU does that benefit, all so they can satisfy their NY alums.  They  should have thought about their alumni when they decided to switch.  Now Brey wants to have his cake and eat it.  He can, as they say in ALice in Wonderland, "eat me".

Redslope what bible do you read from?   Do unto others as you would have them do to you  ;D
I know a lot of people agree with you, but I see it differently.   Maybe this is selfish, but as a fan I'd like to see us play Sryacuse and ND, rather than spite them.   We can beat Kentucky or Oregon, but I don't work with anybody who went to those schools.   A handful of people in my family went to ND, and every office in NY has alums from 'Cuse.
As a fan I want us to beat the Irish and Orange.   
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:49:21 PM by desco80 »

Tiznow

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 10:47:56 PM »
Play them at MSG to keep Syracuse from playing them at MSG.  Syracuse might be stupid enough to give up their home court advantage to play ND in packed MSG with a 50 / 50 crowd.

Poison

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 11:39:47 PM »
Rothstein offers an idiotic suggestion!

“@JonRothstein: Here's a thought for the Big East. Invite Fordham and have them play all home games in the Barclays Center. Another NYC team helps branding.”

Fordham is a D2 program.

Fordham??? What is wrong with him...They have not been remotely relevant in 30+ years...and are not on their way anywhere...

He loves Pecora...not sure why as IMO, he is very overrated in the NYC area

LJSA

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 12:12:02 AM »
Any traitors who want to play us should play on campus. Release 10 or 15 tickets to their school. Or maybe five to 10.

Tha Kid

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »
We need t grow up.  Its one thing for bc to jump ship.  And then cuse and pitt to stick a dagger in our hearts.   ND? They werent even part of the football league and all they did was jump off a sinking ship.  Which is exactly what the catholic bball schools should do.  You guys want to go down w the titanic? Become a uconn fan.
"I drink and I know things"