Yo Baldi

• 17 replies
Yo Baldi
« on: October 28, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
How you makin out this time 'round?

Cant believe another momofukuing hurricane. Tired this. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Re: Yo Baldi
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:30:04 AM »
For those wanting to take a look at the BaldiCam in his neighborhood tomorrow afternoon

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/rockaway-beach-90th-mid-atlantic_4270/

redslope

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »
Hope he got out as the bridges are closing if not already so.  the bay will definitely reach the ocean for this one.

PS--thanks for the link to the surf report at Beach 90th street!

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:04:59 AM »
Not good. Rockaway is Armageddon. I am stuck at work, was just able to get in touch with my parents at 4am. House is in bad shape, but family is alive. Still can't believe this is happenning, it's like a horror movie. Pray for everyone. This is the bad times. My grammar school and church was engulfed in flames. St Francis DeSales is gone.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 04:45:28 PM »
Not good. Rockaway is Armageddon. I am stuck at work, was just able to get in touch with my parents at 4am. House is in bad shape, but family is alive. Still can't believe this is happenning, it's like a horror movie. Pray for everyone. This is the bad times. My grammar school and church was engulfed in flames. St Francis DeSales is gone.

Prayers to you and the fams my brother.

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »
Hang in there Baldi! So sorry for you & the family.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
Breezy Point was destroyed as well...    over 100 homes burned to the ground and probably another 100+ lost to flood damage. My home there not in the fire but probably destroyed by flood.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
sorry for that news Baldi. Hopefully better days ahead

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »
I have not been down to Breezy Point or Rockaway yet but I have seen extensive pictures and the news coverage is not really telling the picture of what happened in these places.

The fire in Breezy Point was terrible but the flood damage in both Breezy and Rockaway is worse.

It will take a decade for these communities to recover and I am not sure sure a place like Breezy Point will ever recover.

desco80

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »
Hope you and your family are finding a way to make it through this Baldi.   
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:16:16 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
Hope you and your family are finding a way to make it through this Baldi.

+1

redslope

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
I have not been down to Breezy Point or Rockaway yet but I have seen extensive pictures and the news coverage is not really telling the picture of what happened in these places.

The fire in Breezy Point was terrible but the flood damage in both Breezy and Rockaway is worse.

It will take a decade for these communities to recover and I am not sure sure a place like Breezy Point will ever recover.

I was in Breezy to check out my damage and start throwing everything out.  While Breezy lost a lot of homes and virtually everyone has water damage, we were fortunate to lose none of our neighbors.  Just seeing all my friends and neighbors on Friday and Sunday helped to cushion the blow.  My biggest concern now is to get water shut off and pipes drained or there will be more damage.

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 07:10:21 AM »
My thoughts and prayer are wit Baldi at this time.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »
Thanks guys. Insane what's going on down here, like a bad movie. News doesn't come close to telling the story. I had a lot of damage to my house, cars are gone etc- but that's minimal. Neighbor drowned in his basement trying to shut gas and electric when ocean surge overpowered him. Sanitation has done a great job as of late, its been 14 days and I have still not seen 1 LIPA truck. Disgusting

Moose

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 09:56:54 AM »
Hang in there Baldi.
Thoughts and prayers with you.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
Brother, its good to read yo words.

LJSA

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »
I didn't realize that LIPA serviced you guys until I read it yesterday. They have been shitty for literally 30 years, and apparently getting worse. Sorry for everything you've gone through. Board is definitely different without you.

desco80

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Glad to hear that you and your family are OK physically Baldi.  That's most important