Concordia(exh) Game Discussion

• 66 replies

Moose

Re: Concordia(exh) Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
Concordia Is the worst team I've ever seen.

You say that every year we play an exhibition game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »
it's clear that this team will struggle in reb %.  giving up a lot of offensive boards

Give it time with the boards.  Our young forwards still have a lot of positioning to learn and Sanchez is not even playing yet.  I don't think it is a given that we'll struggle in that area.

I mean in general we're still playing without Branch, Bourgault, Balamou, Sanchez, Gift and even D'Lo tonight.  How good we going to be if and when we get most of those guys ready to go?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:15:25 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
Stop with the D-Lo transferring stuff. 

Do I like that he had to miss the game?  No.  Personally I wouldnt have gone into as much detail that Lav did.  Would have even called it injury.  I'd bet if this was reg season game he would be playing.  I don't view him as a leader.  I'd lean on Amir and Phil and soon enough I think Karr and Jones can be big leaders. 

Back to my first point.  He's not transferring.  It makes no sense.  End of story.

boo3

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 10:34:35 PM »

Do I like that he had to miss the game?  No.  Personally I wouldnt have gone into as much detail that Lav did.  Would have even called it injury.  I'd bet if this was reg season game he would be playing.  I don't view him as a leader.  I'd lean on Amir and Phil and soon enough I think Karr and Jones can be big leaders. 

Back to my first point.  He's not transferring.  It makes no sense.  End of story.

Who said anything about D-lo transferring? 

Poison

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »

No, seriously, this time it's true.

Moose

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 10:47:31 PM »

People above mentioned the possibility.
Its a message board of course someone will.

Moose

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »

Their PG could play.
Too bad he was Webster height.

boo3

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »

No.  One person said let the speculation begin, which, if Marco was here, would indeed have occurred.    I agree with you, 100% Moose, that the idea is ridiculous.  But no one suggested it, whatsoever, unless I can't read ( which may be the case)

We should probably move on...  Lol..   I'm excited as hell about this team this year. Lots of interchangeable parts and , more importantly, talent.

Moose

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »

No.  One person said let the speculation begin, which, if Marco was here, would indeed have occurred.    I agree with you, 100% Moose, that the idea is ridiculous.  But no one suggested it, whatsoever, unless I can't read ( which may be the case)

We should probably move on...  Lol..   I'm excited as hell about this team this year. Lots of interchangeable parts and , more importantly, talent.

It was said somewhere.  Maybe it was Redmen.  Bottom line it was a matter of minutes before our fans would.  Most of our fans walk the streets expecting the sky to fall on them.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:07 PM »

Their PG could play.
Too bad he was Webster height.

Last year, CW Post had a guard that could have played D1. That kid was leagues better than Stith.

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Very nervous with this team without Sanchez and Bourgualt.  This is a sloppy, sloppy team that needs all the skill guys possible. 

Poison

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 11:39:11 PM »
Very nervous with this team without Sanchez and Bourgualt.  This is a sloppy, sloppy team that needs all the skill guys possible. 

Defensively, it was actually lousy for a team that only gave up 36 points. Still, you can't be that upset with this game. It's not like we can hold it up and compare it to anything. We really can't. Concordia has no size, and no talent.

We saw some good things. Sampson and Jones have strong mid range games. Jones has great timing. Obekpa is really, really good. Jones and Garrett have improved. Greene really seems more comfortable.

DFF6

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
Last tuneup before Detroit..
Do we see the match zone?  Does D'angelo get a full night's work?
Do we get rebounded by another D3 squad?

Im guessing the answer to those are yes, yes, and no.
This is a nice story that were playing them, but they are a bad D3 team, and.our guys should be more focused tonight.

I would really like to see D'lo light it up tonight.  Something seems off about him.  Hope my intuition is wrong.

Crap.  My intuition was right.  D'lo is too talented to be a non-factor on this team.  He needs to straighten out whatever issues he has asap, or else the prospects for this season will not be as good as many have hoped.  Trying not to panic, as it is only 2 exhibition games, but it's not a promising start to the season when our supposed best player can't get off the bench or out of the doghouse.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 12:16:31 AM »

This is a nice story that were playing them, but they are a bad D3 team, and.our guys should be more focused tonight.

I would really like to see D'lo light it up tonight.  Something seems off about him.  Hope my intuition is wrong.

Crap.  My intuition was right.  D'lo is too talented to be a non-factor on this team.  He needs to straighten out whatever issues he has asap, or else the prospects for this season will not be as good as many have hoped.  Trying not to panic, as it is only 2 exhibition games, but it's not a promising start to the season when our supposed best player can't get off the bench or out of the doghouse.

Lavin taught him a lesson. It's not a big deal.

DFF6

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 07:35:55 AM »

Hope you're right Poison.  I also hope my power is restored by Nov 13 so I can watch the Detroit game at home. 

MCNPA

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »

Hope you're right Poison.  I also hope my power is restored by Nov 13 so I can watch the Detroit game at home.

D'Angelo will be fine.  More importantly now is getting Sanchez and Bourgault cleared and ready to play.  We need them badly this season.

Poison

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 08:35:38 AM »

Crap.  My intuition was right.  D'lo is too talented to be a non-factor on this team.  He needs to straighten out whatever issues he has asap, or else the prospects for this season will not be as good as many have hoped.  Trying not to panic, as it
is only 2 exhibition games, but it's not a promising start to the season when our supposed best player can't get off the bench or out of the doghouse.

D'Angelo will be fine.  More importantly now is getting Sanchez and Bourgault cleared and ready to play.  We need them badly this season.

We have 6 days for the NCAA to look at their transcripts and leave us alone.

desco80

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
Poison is right, Concordia is simply a bad basketball team.  They would struggle in most HS divisions.  I love what coach Lavin was doing in terms of cancer research, but I have to question if a game like that is good preparation for the season.   If you're going to schedule Concordia, then Sonoma State should have been a tougher test.   Just my opinion.

Christian Jones is a player though.  Through two games I've been most impressed with him and Phil.   Obekpa can be a special player but he needs to be developed.  Who on the staff works with the bigs during individual drills?   Seems like most our guys (Rico, Martin) specialize in guard play.   

I thought this comment by Lavin after the game was very spot-on:  "We have a great deal of work to do in terms of our half-court defense."    Ignore the scores, the last two games have made what he said very clear.
And this is nothing personal, but I'm beginning to think Dom's defense is overrated.   

Moose

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
Poison is right, Concordia is simply a bad basketball team.  They would struggle in most HS divisions.  I love what coach Lavin was doing in terms of cancer research, but I have to question if a game like that is good preparation for the season.   If you're going to schedule Concordia, then Sonoma State should have been a tougher test.   Just my opinion.

Who do you want to play?  Every team in America in D1 is sprinkling in D2 and D3 teams.  I mean again I don't think anything is gained from these games.  Its a chance to get the legs moving against ppl you don't see in practice every day.

NYCoffey

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/harrison_sits_in_lavin_doghouse_0LWThImjk5WXpIDfUuk33J

NYpost article. Lavin says some good things about how DLo handled the situation.