Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Johnny23

Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3120 on: May 04, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »
Cooley's a good coach who gets the most out of his players.

« Reply #3121 on: May 05, 2017, 12:04:08 AM »
Delgado didn't get the combine invite, have to figure his return is imminent.

Hall already adding two non ranked bigs next to him, including Jersey bruiser Darnell Brodie.
Doesn't matter who you lose it is who you have. Nova returns plenty of talent and is bringing kids in.

In addition to returning Khadeen, Desi, Enzi, Sanogo and Myles Powell, they're bringing in a 4 star wing, Myles Cale and they just landed 5'10 floor general Jordan Walker.

Some will argue that Providence is the preseason favorite now that Bullock is returning, but IMO Hall should be favorite with  Josh Hart, Jenkins, and Reynolds all graduating at Nova.

Marillac

« Reply #3122 on: May 05, 2017, 12:20:27 AM »

Hall already adding two non ranked bigs next to him, including Jersey bruiser Darnell Brodie.

In addition to returning Khadeen, Desi, Enzi, Sanogo and Myles Powell, they're bringing in a 4 star wing, Myles Cale and they just landed 5'10 floor general Jordan Walker.

Some will argue that Providence is the preseason favorite now that Bullock is returning, but IMO Hall should be favorite with  Josh Hart, Jenkins, and Reynolds all graduating at Nova.

This is crazy talk. Providence and SH are definitely tournament caliber teams, but Nova, X, and Creighton are all comfortably ahead of them. I'd also squeeze Butler in there at four--although that will be a cramped grouping 4-7 with us in there as well.

« Reply #3123 on: May 05, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »

This is crazy talk. Providence and SH are definitely tournament caliber teams, but Nova, X, and Creighton are all comfortably ahead of them. I'd also squeeze Butler in there at four--although that will be a cramped grouping 4-7 with us in there as well.

No way. Creighton lost 3/5 of their starting 5. Providence returns 3 best players and Diallo is gonna break out.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #3124 on: May 05, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »
Providence and Hall are senior laden, battle tested, and are returning nearly everyone hungry and ready to eat. They have unfinished business.

Nova, X and Creighton have lost their leaders and most talented players to the draft and graduation. They're reloading but also rebuilding from their runs. Although very talented, they will have new identities next year. Even though they're retaining some they're not nearly at the strength and cohesion that the ladder two have.

We'll be lucky to be in this elite mix. To reemphasize, we need another big in the worst way.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #3125 on: May 05, 2017, 11:30:02 AM »
Sometimes senior laden teams go south as players become selfish playing for contracts. Just saying.

Johnny23

« Reply #3126 on: May 05, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »
If we don't get an impact big for next year who can play both ends of the floor then we'll be a 16-17 win team at best. And those other conf. teams who are rebuilding are finely tuned machines with excellent coaching. They just insert new pieces and they'll still probably be better than us. Need a big and Mike Rice too.

Marillac

« Reply #3127 on: May 05, 2017, 04:15:03 PM »

No way. Creighton lost 3/5 of their starting 5. Providence returns 3 best players and Diallo is gonna break out.

Creighton will start the Syracuse transfer and redshirt JR Kaleb Joseph at PG next to Khyri Thomas (12.5 and 5.8), who is hands down the rebounding wing and best perimeter defender in the conference, and Marcus Foster (18.3 ppg last year). Ronnie Harrell was the highest rated recruit Creighton ever landed and will be backing them up with the soon to be soph Davion Mintz, who was very good playing 20 mpg when Watson went down. Up front Tobyb Hegner  is back for his 15th season it seems, and he started the two years before Patton. They have a 7-0 230 transfer eligible  in December, and a pretty solid 6'9 rebounder in Kampalj. They also have threee top 100 recruits -- which is the best recruiting class in school history. One kid is 6'11 and ranked the #7 center in the class.

With Patton they would have been contending for a national championship or at least
A Final Four appearance.

« Reply #3128 on: May 05, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »

Creighton will start the Syracuse transfer and redshirt JR Kaleb Joseph at PG next to Khyri Thomas (12.5 and 5.8), who is hands down the rebounding wing and best perimeter defender in the conference, and Marcus Foster (18.3 ppg last year). Ronnie Harrell was the highest rated recruit Creighton ever landed and will be backing them up with the soon to be soph Davion Mintz, who was very good playing 20 mpg when Watson went down. Up front Tobyb Hegner  is back for his 15th season it seems, and he started the two years before Patton. They have a 7-0 230 transfer eligible  in December, and a pretty solid 6'9 rebounder in Kampalj. They also have threee top 100 recruits -- which is the best recruiting class in school history. One kid is 6'11 and ranked the #7 center in the class.

With Patton they would have been contending for a national championship or at least
A Final Four appearance.

Give me Bullock Cartwright and Holt over Thomas foster and the cuse bum.  I'm not sure creighton improves this year. I'm positive providence does.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:55:19 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »

Marillac

« Reply #3129 on: May 05, 2017, 11:22:56 PM »

A Final Four appearance.

Give me Bullock Cartwright and Holt over Thomas foster and the cuse bum.  I'm not sure creighton improves this year. I'm positive providence does.

Providence seems to consistently fimish within a zone...never as good as you think and never as bad. They don't have the guards to hang with the top five backcourt and they don't have the center to deal with Delgado or Spellman. I love Bullock and Holt, though. They'll bully us for sure, bit our guards will score at will again.

« Reply #3130 on: May 06, 2017, 01:30:08 AM »

A Final Four appearance.

Providence seems to consistently fimish within a zone...never as good as you think and never as bad. They don't have the guards to hang with the top five backcourt and they don't have the center to deal with Delgado or Spellman. I love Bullock and Holt, though. They'll bully us for sure, bit our guards will score at will again.

Cartwright as a senior is not gonna be a top 3-4 pg in BE?

Wods317

« Reply #3131 on: May 06, 2017, 08:21:51 AM »

A Final Four appearance.

Cartwright as a senior is not gonna be a top 3-4 pg in BE?

Disagree about providence guards. Cartwright is very very solid. He can score and pass, he will be on an all conference team. They also have the freshman I think his last name is Langford who is a top 40 recruit and Lindsay who is one of the best 3pt shooters in the conference.

« Reply #3132 on: May 07, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
Trey Dickerson just commited to the Hoyas - per Rothstein

« Reply #3133 on: May 07, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »
Trey Dickerson just commited to the Hoyas - per Rothstein

Meh.  This is also probably helps as Tre' Campbell could miss some time this season with a possible meniscus tear.  If the Hoyas land Mark Alstork (who still has visits set up to Illinois, South Carolina, LSU, and Louisville) and receive a recommitment from Tremont Waters (although, I'm wondering if that ship has sailed), then they could be competitive in '17-'18.

Word is Waters' camp is demanding an X-amount of burn and could potentially be a pain.  I also sense they've overplayed their hand by awaiting for a Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas to re-recruit him.  UConn could end up landing him by default.

Poison

« Reply #3134 on: May 07, 2017, 04:28:55 PM »
Sometimes senior laden teams go south as players become selfish playing for contracts. Just saying.

Who besides us?

paultzman

« Reply #3135 on: May 07, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »

Tenn Prep Academy @tennprepacademy

7'3 (C) Chris Sodom @sodomyannick  Commits to @GeorgetownHoyas #TennesseePrep #TPA @VerbalCommits The Best is yet to come!

« Reply #3136 on: May 07, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »

Tenn Prep Academy @tennprepacademy

7'3 (C) Chris Sodom @sodomyannick  Commits to @GeorgetownHoyas #TennesseePrep #TPA @VerbalCommits The Best is yet to come!

I think this kid is a good pickup.  He could turn out "ok" in the long run for the Hoyas.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:23:07 PM by mjdinkins »

paultzman

« Reply #3137 on: May 08, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »
Manny Suarez a 6'10 transfer from Adelphi on LI & former Fordham player committed to Creighton, plays immediately.

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

Northern Illinois graduate transfer Marin Maric is headed to DePaul, source told ESPN. 6-foot-11. 14.4 PPG, 8.4 RPG. First by @ebosshoops. Also a grad transfer.

derk

« Reply #3138 on: May 08, 2017, 01:33:45 PM »
Keep them coming. We're going to look like a CYO team .

Poison

« Reply #3139 on: May 08, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
Keep them coming. We're going to look like a CYO team .

That is if they pick us. Grad degree from St.John's not so appealing it appears.