CT school shooting

• 14 replies

pmg911

CT school shooting
« on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »
If this event doesn't get our control to have a real conversation about gun control nothing will. The Right to Bare Arms is a completely outdated concept.

What kind of animal shoots 5 year old children...

boo3

Re: CT school shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:08:20 PM »
 The fact that it is so easy to buy semi-automatic, assault weapons is ridiculous.  They should be banned.  No way this guy kills 30 people without that type of weapon.

Another sad day for this country.

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
shame

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »
I live in newtown. Luckily my family is safe but we know others who weren't as lucky. It's impossible to believe this happened here

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »
Today is truly a tragedy.
As a Conn. resident also My heart goes out to the families of all affected.

boo3

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »
 Was just told that a girl I went to college with was shot 3 times today. She is the only survivor of those that were attacked.  Terrible, terrible day.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »
As any loving parent knows, there is nothing in their world more important than their child.
For the rest of their lives they will live with a piece of their hearts missing. It is going to be
very difficult for them to live their lives on a daily basis, this will haunt them every minute,
day and night including sleep. They will need all our prayers.

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:05 PM »
Days like this I know why atheists exist.

Faith shaken, stirred.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21:19 PM »
I hate saying this but watching the shooting coverage only spurs on the next MASS MURDER.......we all know the next one is in the works.........Yet I find me self watching? Sad.

crgreen

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 12:42:11 AM »
A bit off topic,  but does anyone remember the days when "reporters" actually waited till they had "facts" before broadcasting info over the air?   7 hours into this tradgedy yesterday, and not one "fact" being reported was actually correct (assuming what is being reported today IS correct), other than the existence of the attack itself...

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »
Days like this make you realize the devil is roaming the earth. Makes me sick to stomach, I can't watch the news anymore.

Its starting to seem like we all have to arm ourselves to protect our loved ones from animal like this. Sad world we created

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »
A bit off topic,  but does anyone remember the days when "reporters" actually waited till they had "facts" before broadcasting info over the air?   7 hours into this tradgedy yesterday, and not one "fact" being reported was actually correct (assuming what is being reported today IS correct), other than the existence of the attack itself...

Not so off topic.  Worst reporting of a tragedy I've ever seen by a wide margin.  Now we're going to be beset with all the pie in the sky solutions  There are way too many guns out there to stop things like this by just banning them now.  The mental health approach is equally impractical.  The one thing I have noticed is when these things happen if there was just one or two trained, armed people among the victims the loss of life could have been greatly minimized.  It really makes you wonder how teachers in high crime areas feel about going to work unprotected each day. If word got out that teachers aren't as defenseless as they were it also might stop some of the maniacs before the fact.  Sorry to be an NRA backer on this issue but if criminals have guns potential victims should too. I'd never force a teacher to carry but I sure wouldn't prevent ones who want to.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »
The media actually lives for this stuff. Last night before the Jets-Titans there was a "reporter" giving his talking head shpeil, behind him were tents and campers set up. Almost like a Woodstock for the media.

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »
And, was it really necessary to try and interview the 6yo's  who just got out of the building, and really necessary to report there was a shortage of hearses?

What happened to dignity?

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »
And, was it really necessary to try and interview the 6yo's  who just got out of the building, and really necessary to report there was a shortage of hearses?

What happened to dignity?

I thought that was disgusting. You just don't interview children so young who just experienced something like that.