Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - RUTGERS

• 49 replies

paultzman

Re: Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »
Rutgers?

St. John’s, UConn, Cincinnati and Florida State are all involved with 6-3 Loughlin junior Khadeen Carrington, who had 24 points in the loss, while Rutgers appears to lead at the moment for Loughlin’s sharpshooting junior, Michael Williams, who scored 19.

“@AdamZagoria: Rutgers, Cincy, St. John's, GW, Drexel, Fordham watching 2013 G Jon Severe & 2014s Khadeen Carrington &Mike Williams http://zagsblog.com/articles/christ-the-king-wins-new-york-city-catholic-class-aa-title/

At this point I believe RU is the only high major to offer Williams.

I just had not heard Rutgers. Knew they were looking hard at Severe.

Happy

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »
Rutgers?

St. John’s, UConn, Cincinnati and Florida State are all involved with 6-3 Loughlin junior Khadeen Carrington, who had 24 points in the loss, while Rutgers appears to lead at the moment for Loughlin’s sharpshooting junior, Michael Williams, who scored 19.

“@AdamZagoria: Rutgers, Cincy, St. John's, GW, Drexel, Fordham watching 2013 G Jon Severe & 2014s Khadeen Carrington &Mike Williams http://zagsblog.com/articles/christ-the-king-wins-new-york-city-catholic-class-aa-title/

I just had not heard Rutgers. Knew they were looking hard at Severe.

They offered Williams over the summer .

goredmen

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 11:32:19 PM »
Rutgers?

I have a funny feeling he'll have many more high major offers by the end of this summer

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »
Again from EYBL Dallas this weekend per Scout.com:

*NY Lightning guard Mike Williams didn’t heat up from three like he has in past EYBL games, but he certainly showed his talent. He’s quick, athletic and tough. He scored eight points in the Lightning’s win.

*Mike Williams claims scholarship offers from Creighton, Rutgers, Temple, Fordham and Rhode Island.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1291262.html

kob24

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »
his athleticism surprised the hell out of me. he has bounce

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:51 AM »
We offered

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille
St. John's recently offered Loughlin sharpshooter Mike Williams per @mikelibs. #stjbb Red Storm also in pursuit teammate Khadeen Carrington

Moose

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
We offered

St. John's recently offered Loughlin sharpshooter Mike Williams per @mikelibs. #stjbb Red Storm also in pursuit teammate Khadeen Carrington

I've heard we have backed off of Carrington a great deal.
Remember who broke the Slice news

kob24

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 12:13:18 AM »
I Really like him. If he pushes himself to the next level then he is gonna be a problem

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »
We offered

I've heard we have backed off of Carrington a great deal.

Not upset to hear that

Poison

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 01:03:51 AM »
I Really like him. If he pushes himself to the next level then he is gonna be a problem

Who would you liken his game too?

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 11:04:55 AM »
"- Mike Williams (Bishop Loughlin, class of 2014): As Khadeen Carrington and several of the Lions’ key pieces attended the Villanova Team Camp this weekend, Williams held his own with the available supporting cast. A dynamic scorer, the 6-2 sharp-shooter displayed a quick-release from beyond the arc, while shooting a sufficient percentage from three-point distance on the day. In addition, the rising senior was aggressive driving to the rim on Saturday, finishing with ease around the rim while finding the open teammate when drawing multiple defenders. Williams made his presence felt on the defensive end of the floor as well, using his quick hands to disrupt passing lanes and convert turnovers into scoring opportunities on the other end."

“@GothamHoops: NEW: "Top Performers: Fordham Team Camp - Part 2" http://www.gothamhoops.com/top-performers-fordham-team-camp-part-2/

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
Apparently, we have offered to Williams as well. Talk of a combo package from ESPN Insider below:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mens-college-basketball/rumors/

St. John's targeting backcourt duo
June, 16, 2013
JUN 16
12:27
PM ET
By Matt Giles | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
We have written frequently about Bishop Loughlin guard Khadeen Carrington; the 6-foot-3 guard is being targeted by a plethora of Big East schools, but has been intensely pursued by St. John's. During the past high school season, Steve Lavin and Tony Chiles, specifically, made frequent trips to the Brooklyn-based high school to watch Carrington in action.

It now appears the Red Storm are interested in Carrington's backcourt mate, Mike Williams. ESPN's Dave Telep recently praised the guard, noting Williams' motor separates him from others at his position, and it has been reported that the Jonnies have offered Williams a scholarship. It is interesting to watch the rise of interest in Williams -- in early March, Zach Braziller of the NY Post reported Williams had received offers from George Washington, Fordham, and Drexel, and Braziller thought the Atlantic 10 was likely a great level for Williams (though, as Braziller said, "...I'm sure he will get some higher looks as well"). It will be interesting to see if SJU's recruiting approach works with the Loughlin duo. Since SJU is recruiting the two, will they both commit to the program?
Tags:Khadeen Carrington, St. John's Red Storm, Mike Williams

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 01:26:04 PM »
“@QSTJHoops: Recruiting update: St. John's offers 2014 Brooklyn guard Mike Williams. #stjbb http://sbn.to/19Gx6eB

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 01:56:13 PM »
That article says he is 6'2. I thought people were worried about his height? 6'2 isn't too short to play in the big east.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »
Seen some of his games on MSG Varsity. Very solid player. Good shoot, good passer, good defense, plays smart. Can get hot too. I like the offer. He's not one to take too many bad shots.

One of them:
http://www.msgvarsity.com/brooklyn-bronx/full-game-bishop-loughlin-76-mt-vernon-56-1.1317676

There's a bunch more online too.

kob24

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »
Honestly poison I suck at that. He can run the point he can shoot the ball and he is athletic. But he looks chubby.

Moose

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »
Honestly poison I suck at that. He can run the point he can shoot the ball and he is athletic. But he looks chubby.

Been a lot of good chubby looking PG's ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »

Been a lot of good chubby looking PG's ;)

El-Amin anyone?

Chilleb

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 02:58:23 PM »
Just puzzling to me because it seems we have been in such great shape with whitehead recently so why offer Williams? Especially since we had already offered khadeen? Khadeen has a really good bond with chiles due to his coach having a really good bond with him so I don't know how much we've really backed off him If any. And let's not forget about jarred Terrell. Really want whitehead don't really get the Williams offer unless two of the previous 3 the staff knows is unlikely.