Big East Tournament

• 95 replies
Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07:41 PM »
How about this tweet from Steve Politi of the Star Ledger:

Steve Politi
@StevePoliti 1 hr
Even I scored more in college than Seton Hall.

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
S Florida is so bad that they lost a game in which they led by 8 with less then 3 minutes to go, 37-29, and took 22 MORE shots then Seton Hall.

They are the dumbest team in the BE.  They took two long three pointers in regulation first up 6 then up 4 late in the game and then turned it over late to give SHU a possession to tie it.

Holy smokes was that a dreadfully bad game.

BTW-The A-team of Raftery, Bilas and McDonough doing the game DePaul-Rutgers.  Bet they really plan on thanking ESPN for this assigment.....

I hope we get the A-team tomorrow night. Nothing beats bill raftery and St. John's.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »
S Florida is so bad that they lost a game in which they led by 8 with less then 3 minutes to go, 37-29, and took 22 MORE shots then Seton Hall.

They are the dumbest team in the BE.  They took two long three pointers in regulation first up 6 then up 4 late in the game and then turned it over late to give SHU a possession to tie it.

BTW-The A-team of Raftery, Bilas and McDonough doing the game DePaul-Rutgers.  Bet they really plan on thanking ESPN for this assigment.....

I hope we get the A-team tomorrow night. Nothing beats bill raftery and St. John's.

i think we do. likely len elmore gets the day games.  leaves raf and bilas for primetime.

Moose

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »

i think we do. likely len elmore gets the day games.  leaves raf and bilas for primetime.

I thought they rotate so announcers don't do back to backs
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:01 PM »

Raftery would make a colonoscopy sound exciting

Moose

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 11:20:07 PM »
Hey Sean McDonough

Nobody gives a crap that you feel poor Uconn should be allowed to play in the BE tournament.

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:18 PM »
Does anyone else hate how they change the courts for these kind of games. Can't even tell its the Garden at first(or second) glance. I've hated how they do it in the NCAA's and I hate it now. When I first heard that the Garden was going to be hosting the East Regional in 2014 I thought MSG would sort of stand up to the NCAA and keep its normal floor down seeing as its the "Mecca". Now that they've done this, there is no way it'll happen. Plus the ad-board style logo under the hoops. Who are they trying to emulate...the Raptors?

Moose

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »
This new conference is looking for a name that is Metropolitan?  Yeah Storrs screams Metro.

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 11:51:46 PM »
Does anyone else hate how they change the courts for these kind of games. Can't even tell its the Garden at first(or second) glance. I've hated how they do it in the NCAA's and I hate it now. When I first heard that the Garden was going to be hosting the East Regional in 2014 I thought MSG would sort of stand up to the NCAA and keep its normal floor down seeing as its the "Mecca". Now that they've done this, there is no way it'll happen. Plus the ad-board style logo under the hoops. Who are they trying to emulate...the Raptors?

Thought the same thing. Court looks terrible. Doesn't seem right.  And that big east thing under the hoop looks so dumb.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:48 AM »
I need tickets for tomorrow. Cheapest on StubHub right now is like $60 for 400's section. Individual sellers on craigslist are unrealistic with their prices as well. I could care less about the 9pm game, but that's what makes these prices absurdly high because people sell the ticket as a "doubleheader". People need to realize Wednesday is not Friday, I'm not staying at MSG until midnight to watch ND-DePaul battle it out....

Cheapest right now on Stub Hub is around $90. Surprising, especially for Round 2. I was hoping to grab a couple before the game tonight. I'm hoping they go down shortly before the game.

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:42 AM »
Weiss is a complete idiot, so done. Dead raccoon on his head must have died.

“@NYDNDickWeiss: disappointed jakarr sampson didn't show to pick up big east rookie of year award. st. john's, charter member, has more class than that.”

“@NYDNDickWeiss: we guarantee that would have never happened under looie”
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:23:42 AM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 09:24:40 AM »

“@NYDNDickWeiss: disappointed jakarr sampson didn't show to pick up big east rookie of year award. st. john's, charter member, has more class than that.”

Huh?

There were pictures of him and Lav holding the award?

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 09:27:09 AM »

Huh?

wasn't that at SJU yesterday? Regardless, what a dick move to pile on SJU with all the recent difficulties. This nice person is so out of touch.

Moose

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 09:29:06 AM »

Huh?

wasn't that at SJU yesterday? Regardless, what a dick move to pile on SJU with all the recent difficulties. This nice person is so out of touch.

Who knows where it was.
Maybe he had class?

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »

Huh?

Who knows where it was.
Maybe he had class?

One of the papers said he had a class obligation. Shut up Weiss, go talk to Sutherland and Cuse who didn't bother to attend class.

paultzman

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »
Embarrass the this has been

“@AdamZagoria: @NYDNDickWeiss He had a class at school last night.”

Poison

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2013, 09:48:27 AM »

We can make our own bad stories. Weiss doesn't have to help us.

paultzman

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:21 AM »

We can make our own bad stories. Weiss doesn't have to help us.

Exactly man!

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »
sent message to dick, "Jakarr had class, which is more then i can say about you"

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2013, 10:00:17 AM »
“@STJ_Basketball: @NYDNDickWeiss Couldn't make it to The Garden because of class, as in academics. Ask a question before you judge, before you Tweet. #stjbb”

“@STJ_Basketball: @NYDNDickWeiss The presentation was a special moment for JaKarr yesterday. Ask him about it. Irresponsible not to. #stjbb”

Good response
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:01:25 AM by paultzman »