Under Armour

• 576 replies

Moose

Re: Under Armour
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2013, 01:19:44 AM »
Apparently the Nike sale SJ just had in the CA lobby included actual game issued jerseys?! Of course all the goodies they don't sell in the bookstore is sold at a discount when I can't make it  >:(

They are trying to get rid of the team stuff primarily.  They still can sell off Nike stuff at retail but all the team items are rendered useless, hence the sale.

Do you know what the real jerseys were going for? I feel like even with a sale those things would still be 70 bucks.

No idea. I didn't go
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2013, 02:37:14 AM »
Apparently the Nike sale SJ just had in the CA lobby included actual game issued jerseys?! Of course all the goodies they don't sell in the bookstore is sold at a discount when I can't make it  >:(

They are trying to get rid of the team stuff primarily.  They still can sell off Nike stuff at retail but all the team items are rendered useless, hence the sale.

Do you know what the real jerseys were going for? I feel like even with a sale those things would still be 70 bucks.

40% off I saw. Dont know what that would come to.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2013, 02:56:34 AM »
Even with 40% off those jerseys were still probably at least $70 with tax and all. Don't have that kind of money for a jersey...wish they could make nice ones for $30.

By the way the SJ store website is totally redesigned. Looks pretty cool...wondering if this is part of the transformation of the rebranding. I'm still really curious if SJ is looking into getting a new logo.

« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2013, 03:06:25 AM »
Even with 40% off those jerseys were still probably at least $70 with tax and all. Don't have that kind of money for a jersey...wish they could make nice ones for $30.

By the way the SJ store website is totally redesigned. Looks pretty cool...wondering if this is part of the transformation of the rebranding. I'm still really curious if SJ is looking into getting a new logo.

Could you give a link joe. Not sure which website your talking about. Thanks

« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2013, 07:08:14 AM »

redstormsports.cbscollegestore.com

I think this is the website he is talking about. Looks great to me, finally expanding on their memorabilia inventory.

pmg911

« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »
For uniforms next season I was told that all of the schools will regularly wear a throw back jersey to look like the uniforms of the school when the Big East first started. they will not be wron all the time but they will also not be a one time thing...

I just hope they update the shorts. .   ha ha ha

**this was specifically Coach Lavin's idea too..

« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »
For uniforms next season I was told that all of the schools will regularly wear a throw back jersey to look like the uniforms of the school when the Big East first started. they will not be wron all the time but they will also not be a one time thing...

Daddy Lav! I love the idea.

redslope

« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2013, 11:06:41 PM »

Daddy Lav! I love the idea.

are the shorts going to be the "hot pants" length of the period that Chris would always pull up before a free throw

« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
Anybdy else here concerned wit the very angelo-saxon spellin of "armour."
We dealin wit united states americans or what?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2013, 10:02:18 AM »

Choz - are you sure you want to challenge someone else's spelling in this fashion or are you just being humourus?

MCNPA

« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »

They just put a bow tie on it.  Classin it up a bit!   Fwiw, I like that we are going with Under Armour.  A bit of a fresh start for the conference as well as our image moving forward.  Good timing to go with a company that has a bit more of a vision than what Nike was seeing for us.

« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »

Choz - are you sure you want to challenge someone else's spelling in this fashion or are you just being humourus?

Who dis?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »

I think this is the website he is talking about. Looks great to me, finally expanding on their memorabilia inventory.

Yes that's the site I meant. Don't know what you meant by noticing an expanded memorabilia inventory...they haven't added anything new for months. All I noticed was the new style of the page. And the throwback jersey idea is awesome. I thought this should have been done years ago. I really hope UA will offer an authentic game-issue version of the jerseys to buy. Anyone hear about logo changes?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:10:02 PM by RedStormyNight »

Moose

« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2013, 06:15:47 PM »

Yes that's the site I meant. Don't know what you meant by noticing an expanded memorabilia inventory...they haven't added anything new for months. All I noticed was the new style of the page. And the throwback jersey idea is awesome. I thought this should have been done years ago. I really hope UA will offer an authentic game-issue version of the jerseys to buy. Anyone hear about logo changes?

I haven't looked.  How many schools sell game issued jerseys?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »

Well if not game-issue then "authentic" ones at least with stitching and all. I know Cuse, UConn, G'Town have done it. You can buy essentially real jerseys from UNC, Duke, Cuse, UConn, G'Town, Nova, etc. The only authentic jersey I know of out there is the 1985 Chris Mullin throwback from Nike and that's $150. Other than that the only people making near authentic ones are knock-off shady chinese places. I saw someone post a picture of a SJ jersey on Eastbay a few days ago. You would never see that today. Clearly our marketing and jerseys took a step backwards since Air Jordan. I would have liked us to get back with Air Jordan over UA but I'm also excited to see what UA can do for us being their clear #2 flagship school.

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »

Well if not game-issue then "authentic" ones at least with stitching and all. I know Cuse, UConn, G'Town have done it. You can buy essentially real jerseys from UNC, Duke, Cuse, UConn, G'Town, Nova, etc. The only authentic jersey I know of out there is the 1985 Chris Mullin throwback from Nike and that's $150. Other than that the only people making near authentic ones are knock-off shady chinese places. I saw someone post a picture of a SJ jersey on Eastbay a few days ago. You would never see that today. Clearly our marketing and jerseys took a step backwards since Air Jordan. I would have liked us to get back with Air Jordan over UA but I'm also excited to see what UA can do for us being their clear #2 flagship school.

We're at most their #4 school, possibly 5 or 6.

« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2013, 02:19:23 AM »

Maryland and Auburn. Who's else is clearly ahead of us?

« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:17 AM »

South Carolina.

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2013, 03:09:47 AM »

South Carolina.

South Carolina is debatable. In basketball we take it and its not like they have been a powerhouse in football. They have a program record of barely over 500.

Were definitely not their 1 or 2 overall, but you can best believe they are going to try to make a splash with our jerseys.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »

South Carolina.

South Carolina is debatable. In basketball we take it and its not like they have been a powerhouse in football. They have a program record of barely over 500.

Were definitely not their 1 or 2 overall, but you can best believe they are going to try to make a splash with our jerseys.

Football is what matters though. So I would say Auburn, South Carolina, and Maryland are all ahead of us.