Under Armour

• 576 replies
Re: Under Armour
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »
Just leaked...this is the front runner so far as a UA prototype.

Please tell me this is a joke? What is that? An apron?

I thought it was a picture of from Joe's wardrobe until I saw the size was a small instead of medium.

« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2013, 12:38:40 AM »

Please tell me this is a joke? What is that? An apron?

I thought it was a picture of from Joe's wardrobe until I saw the size was a small instead of medium.

As opposed to your XXL?

LJSA

« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2013, 05:22:49 AM »

"Welcome to Beefsteak Charlie's. Can I get you started with some drinks?"

« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »

"Welcome to Beefsteak Charlie's. Can I get you started with some drinks?"
Beefsteak Johnnies. Unlimited salads and peel and eat shrimp

gman

« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »

Very lax bro looking brah.

« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2013, 10:08:38 AM »
St. John's will be getting a new logo too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »
 I repeat.... please tell me that is a joke?

That can't possibly be a real jersey, right?  That is the worst thing I've ever seen. 

« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »

That can't possibly be a real jersey, right?  That is the worst thing I've ever seen. 

of course its a joke

« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »
you can wear it while you're priming the underside of your car.

« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
Lol...it's just a joke I saw it on the bookstore website and couldn't resist...clearly the UNC argyle look does not flatter us...gave me a good laugh.

Anyway, Dave that's awesome so it's a definite done deal on the new logo huh? Very curious to see what it will look like

« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »
i wonder how much changing the uniforms, tweaking colors, changing mascots, etc. multiple times in a relatively short period affects the st john's brand.  at some point we need consistency there so that new fans/consumers can easily identify the "product"

« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
I thought it was photoshopped.  Who would actually try to sell that piece if crap?

« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »

that picture by Joe was pretty freaking funny

Moose

« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
Speaking of switching names.  Back and forth.

In a "stunning reversal of his first major decision as University of Hawaii athletic director, Ben Jay has changed course and will name all of Manoa's men's athletic teams Rainbow Warriors," according to Reardon & McInnis of the HONOLULU STAR-ADVERTISER. Jay became UH AD in January. In February, he announced that "all UH men's teams would be named Warriors, dropping Rainbows from those that still had it part of their name." Since '00, some had "been named Rainbows, some Warriors and some Rainbow Warriors." Jay said, "The only clear consensus on this topic over the last 13 years has been that a decision needed to be made to unify our men's teams under one nickname. That goal will still be accomplished as we retain the Rainbow and Warriors names, both of which are near and dear to the hearts of our fans, whom we represent." Jay in February said that the "various names caused confusion and a single name was needed for marketing and branding purposes." The women's teams "will remain Rainbow Wahine, as Jay originally decided." The football team had been "unofficially referred to as Rainbow Warriors prior to 2000, when football coach June Jones led a successful effort to officially change the name to just Warriors." Coaches were "allowed to choose the names of their teams, and volleyball, golf and tennis switched to Warriors, basketball and swimming and diving went to Rainbow Warriors and baseball remained Rainbows" (HONOLULU STAR-ADVERTISER, 5/15).

Jay at a news conference said that there are "no significant cost differences from the original plan with the football team changing" (AP, 5/14).

CBSSPORTS.com's Jerry Hinnen wrote, "With the 'rainbow' restored to the nickname, the next question for the football team becomes: will it abandon the black-and-green uniform motif associated with the 'Warriors' name and return to the bright-green-and-multicolored look from the decades prior?" (CBSSPORTS.com, 5/14).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:13:18 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »
Rainbow Warriors?

Are they that stupid to not realize the constant hazing they will get for that name?

Moose

« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »
Rainbow Warriors?

Are they that stupid to not realize the constant hazing they will get for that name?

Its been their name for years.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
If I was a Hawaii fan I'd be facepalming big time right now  :idiot2:

I can see it now...someone bringing a giant poster of the gay guy's head from Reno 9-11 behind the hoop.

« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2013, 01:02:28 AM »

I can see it now...someone bringing a giant poster of the gay guy's head from Reno 9-11 behind the hoop.

I know you're trying to be funny but this forum is not the place to discuss or make fun of people's sexual orientation. Please refrain. Consider this your only warning.

« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2013, 02:49:29 AM »

I know you're trying to be funny but this forum is not the place to discuss or make fun of people's sexual orientation. Please refrain. Consider this your only warning.

If you knew I was trying to be funny (which you were correct to assume), why even suggest I meant it maliciously? All I said was what I forsee happening, not any political stance or offensive terms. I can hear the eggshells crackling now as I tip toe ever so gingerly.

« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2013, 03:20:45 AM »
We are being a bit over sensitive here lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:22:54 AM by erickthered »