Under Armour

• 576 replies

desco80

Re: Under Armour
« Reply #500 on: September 17, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
Uniforms looks great.    The classic look for conference games will be great.   

Also I noticed the slogan in the screenshot, have  we been calling ourselves New York's team, or is that new?

We have.  Every chance we get.  To counter Cuse and their claim.

Good stuff, I guess I just didn't notice it before.   

The uniforms and the news we're making a move at Whitehead have got me excited for the season to start.   It seemed so far off, but it's actually just a few weeks away.   

paultzman

« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »
“@StJohnsBBall: Right now very small selection of #SJUBB gear at http://UA.com w/ more in Oct. The @StJohnsU Bookstore will sell both jerseys!”

“@StJohnsBBall: Seeing questions from #SJUBB fans about black unis. No blacks, but that doesn't mean there won't be some surprises. Stay tuned all season!”
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:48:19 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #502 on: September 17, 2013, 03:01:10 PM »
I think they look fantastic.  Great representation of both modern and classic touches.  Love the skyline which isnt overdone.  Colors and lines look clean and I like the navy blue in it a lot.  On twitter, somebody mentioned that inside the numbers is the depiction of a street map, but I can't tell from the renderings.  U/A hit it out of the park with these. 

They'll look even better with a Cuse player getting yammed by the skyline...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:07:46 PM by MCNPA »

tnice

« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2013, 03:47:33 PM »
I think they look fantastic.  Great representation of both modern and classic touches.  Love the skyline which isnt overdone.  Colors and lines look clean and I like the navy blue in it a lot.  On twitter, somebody mentioned that inside the numbers is the depiction of a street map, but I can't tell from the renderings.  U/A hit it out of the park with these. 

+1

Love, love, love.

« Reply #504 on: September 17, 2013, 03:48:02 PM »
I can't even begin to explain how exciting all of this uniform talk is.
Bet you can't wait for the matching handbags and high heeled shoes!

paultzman

« Reply #505 on: September 17, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »
Leadership and success personified;

“@MikeMMcBride: Under Armour Billionaire Kevin Plank Has Had A Very Good Year  http://onforb.es/16BtAQl via @forbes”

Under Armour founder and CEO, Kevin Plank, likes to think of himself as the underdog, the man who is taking on the sports apparel industry’s big boy (Nike) with a company that he started from scratch in the basement of his grandmother’s apartment in Washington, DC.

The Youngest Billionaires On The Forbes 400:

It so happens that the underdog has had a great year. The 41-year-old Plank is once again a member of the Forbes 400, a list that he keeps climbing (he is number 327 this year, up from 345 in 2012). His net worth has increased by 26%, to an estimated $1.7 billion, based mainly on the booming stock of his company, which was founded on the strength of Plank’s sweat-wicking, form-fitting shirts, but has since branched out into cotton, shoes and exercise devices.

The highlights from Plank’s year include:

–A stock price that has risen 35%. (Plank donates 10% of his own stock sales to his Cupid Foundation)

–Thirteen straight quarters of at least 20% revenue growth.

–An expected year-end revenue number of $2.25 billion.

–A bold stated goal of doubling UA’s revenues by 2016.

–A stick-in-the-eye lawsuit filed against Nike for trademark infringement.

–A partnership with the NFL in its Head Health Initiative, which comes with a bunch of good public relations.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:52:08 PM by paultzman »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #506 on: September 17, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »
Both sets of uniforms are really cool and way better than I expected. But with us changing our logo next year does this mean we will have new ones again next season?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #507 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »

+1

Love, love, love.

I am really impressed with both. I honestly didn't think the could pull of the skyline on the Jerseys. I would just get rid of the STJ and go with the classic St. John's. I really like the St. John's logo.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #508 on: September 17, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »
I like those alot.

I'm thinking Whitehead will commit just because of those jerseys.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #509 on: September 17, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »
Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

« Reply #510 on: September 18, 2013, 07:14:17 AM »
 :D CBS Sportsline has a story on the new uniforms. :up: :D ;D

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball

paultzman

« Reply #511 on: September 18, 2013, 12:14:13 PM »
“@BrandonTierney: Great synergy between the marketing, branding efforts and the infusion of NBA-caliber talent at St. John's. The program feels bigger #SJUBB”

« Reply #512 on: September 18, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »
Golden State Warriors star guard Stephen Curry has left Nike to become the centerpiece endorser for Under Armour, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Curry, 25, has developed into one of the NBA's best players, its most devastating outside shooter and one of its most coveted endorsers.

The partnership is expected to be formally announced next week, sources said.

Under Armour has had deals with several solid NBA players, including Brandon Jennings and DeAndre Jordan, but Curry – one of the league's most popular players with young fans – clearly elevates the company's brand.

In his third NBA season, Curry averaged nearly 23 points and seven assists, and led the Warriors to the Western Conference semifinals. He set an NBA single-season record with 272 3-pointers a season ago.

“@WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: Golden State star Stephen Curry leaves Nike for Under Armour endorsement deal. http://yhoo.it/18vGuOo

paultzman

« Reply #514 on: October 16, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »
“@MikeMMcBride: Visiting the @uabrandhouse with @EddieKull. UA is ready to #WinNYC & St John's will play a big role. http://twitter.com/MikeMMcBride/status/390594350800834560/photo/1

paultzman

« Reply #515 on: October 17, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »
Between Fox & UA we are in great position to thrive along with two driven companies IMO;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2013/10/17/under-armours-aggressive-plan-to-expand-overseas/

SJUFAN

« Reply #516 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
Between Fox & UA we are in great position to thrive along with two driven companies IMO;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke/2013/10/17/under-armours-aggressive-plan-to-expand-overseas/

I agree. I was at first concerned with the notion of forming a basketball only conference, but once we secured the backing of Fox for the new league and UA for us, it has put us and the league in a even stronger position IMO. 

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #517 on: October 19, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
Has there been anything new on the uniforms. The article said early October more announcements will be made but I have not seen anything. I also looked on the UA website  and have not seen the new uniforms posted.
Cougar O' Malley

QuanMan

« Reply #518 on: October 26, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
Last night's jersey's looked great.  The throwbacks looked especially clean, however, when looking at the away modern jerseys they didn't have the skyline displayed across the chest. The shorts did look like the mock drawings released in September w the skyline, does anyone have insight here?
Section 3
Section 116

redslope

« Reply #519 on: October 26, 2013, 05:45:25 PM »
Last night's jersey's looked great.  The throwbacks looked especially clean, however, when looking at the away modern jerseys they didn't have the skyline displayed across the chest. The shorts did look like the mock drawings released in September w the skyline, does anyone have insight here?
I a[so liked the long sleve shirts which had NYC and 718