Under Armour

• 576 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Under Armour
« Reply #540 on: January 10, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
Notre Dame signs with UA

Knock us down one rung in terms of attention paid to us?

Eh, ND basketball is better than us but not great.  Obviously ND football and then Auburn football are going to get the motherload of attention, but that could be good because as one of few UA schools (and even fewer with a great basketball history/tradition...even if its ancient), could increase the attention/interest in UA.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #541 on: January 10, 2014, 02:19:04 PM »
The bigger UA  gets, the better for us.

« Reply #542 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:47 AM »
Nike does not take UA serious yet. UA's goal the next ten years is to own the North America market especially among youth sports.

SJUFAN

« Reply #543 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
Haven't heard of a grey and red UA uniform. Coach Keady rocking it in the twitter pic. Hope to see it on the floor soon. 

« Reply #544 on: January 13, 2014, 07:25:44 PM »
UA is like vitamin water. They will take notice eventually and buy them :)

« Reply #545 on: January 13, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
Haven't heard of a grey and red UA uniform. Coach Keady rocking it in the twitter pic. Hope to see it on the floor soon. 

Gene Keady is wearing a basketballl uniform in a twitter picture? God help us.

SJUFAN

« Reply #546 on: January 13, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »

Gene Keady is wearing a basketballl uniform in a twitter picture? God help us.

hahaha.....no not a basketball uniform just the colors, looks like a warm up jacket.

desco80

« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
Nike does not take UA serious yet. UA's goal the next ten years is to own the North America market especially among youth sports.

What are you talking about?   Of course Nike takes Under Armour seriously.    I don't know what their market share is...but they're not the little shop on the corner.
They're outfitting the US Olympic team and Notre Dame... UA isn't the little company that could anymore.   They're one of the big dogs

Moose

« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:28 PM »

What are you talking about?   Of course Nike takes Under Armour seriously.    I don't know what their market share is...but they're not the little shop on the corner.
They're outfitting the US Olympic team and Notre Dame... UA isn't the little company that could anymore.   They're one of the big dogs

Small correction on US Olympic team.  Parts of the team yes.  Each sport has their own supplier
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #549 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »

Small correction on US Olympic team.  Parts of the team yes.  Each sport has their own supplier

Fair enough.  And I didn't mean to sound like a Jerk Newyorker 
I just think it's somewhat obvious that UA stopped being small time awhile ago. 

Moose

« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2014, 09:37:33 PM »

They definitely have.  They key for UA is to first overtake those under Nike, aka Adidas/Reebok.  International holds that key IMO.

Moose

« Reply #551 on: January 15, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
In the world of college hoops uniforms.  Nice work from Adidas for Kansas IMO

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/jan/15/self-kus-alternate-uniforms-will-stick-around/

The alternate adidas jerseys that the Univ. of Kansas men's basketball team has worn the last two games are likely "turning into permanent jerseys" for the remainder of this season, according to Gary Bedore of the LAWRENCE JOURNAL-WORLD. KU coach Bill Self during his weekly radio show last night said the players "prefer those to what we have been wearing." Self: "Not that what we’ve been wearing (during nonconference season) has been bad, we just prefer these to be better. If the color schemes allow us to wear them like they did last night, I’d anticipate you seeing those uniforms moving forward the rest of the year." Bedore notes KU wore gray uniforms for Monday's game at Iowa State "after wearing cream colored jerseys with the script word, ‘Jayhawks’ on the front" in Saturday’s home game against Kansas State. Self called the grey jerseys "gorgeous.” He noted that he is "generally in favor of a no-frills look at KU." Self: "Going forward, our uniforms are going to be solely traditional and we’re not going to have any of this stuff other schools are going to.” Bedore notes Self's comments were "ostensibly referring to some of the camo/neon uniforms teams like KU sampled last season." Self said, "I’m not into marketing and understanding all the ins and outs of that. ... There will be some things going on we agreed to do with adidas periodically because that’s part of the contract. We’re happy to do so, but the core of who we are needs to stand strictly from a tradition standpoint"

« Reply #552 on: January 15, 2014, 01:56:25 PM »
It is all good.  Nike see's UA as potential threat but, way down the line. I like how Plank has built the company, definitely not some mom and pop organization. If I were UA I would buy Puma who is known internationally.

« Reply #553 on: January 15, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
it's all good, I think Nike see's UA as a threat but, a long ways away. Plank has built a great foundation. They should buy Puma to compete in international markets.

paultzman

« Reply #554 on: January 16, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
@UnderArmour: We're proud to have the opportunity to outfit & innovate for the outstanding men & women of @NavyAthletics! #TeamUA #IWILL

The rumor is Dave enlisted to get this done.

« Reply #555 on: January 16, 2014, 10:50:18 AM »
They just showed a pretty neat new uni for Maryland.

« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2014, 11:01:24 AM »
@UnderArmour: We're proud to have the opportunity to outfit & innovate for the outstanding men & women of @NavyAthletics! #TeamUA #IWILL

The rumor is Dave enlisted to get this done.

Not done yet. There are more!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #557 on: January 16, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »
Next big venture should be trying to aquire major sports uniforms.

Nike has the NFL
Adidas has the NBA & MLS
Reebok has NHL
Majestic has MLB

Moose

« Reply #558 on: January 16, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »
Next big venture should be trying to aquire major sports uniforms.

Nike has the NFL
Adidas has the NBA & MLS
Reebok has NHL
Majestic has MLB

They are the official footwear supplier for the NFL FWIW but of course uniforms are more prominant

« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »
Notre Dame deal announced with 10 year term.