Burger Discussion from Whitehead Thread

• 65 replies
Re: Burger Discussion from Whitehead Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 01:19:24 PM »

Two thirds of adults in the US are overweight or obese. (Not me thankfully, I have the taut inner thighs of a Swedish gymnast, thanks to Volume Two of the Firm, with guest fitness instructor Janet Jones.

)

Last year 597,689 people died last year from heart disease, and nearly a million from cardiovascular disease. The consumption of red meat is a major contributor to both obesity and heart disease. This problem is especially acute among the minority community in the US, which has the highest  collective blood pressure in in the known world.

I believe it was Stalin who said that "One decapitation is an atrocity, 597,689 deaths is a statistic." I wouldn't go that far, but you might want to have a salad every once in a while. Just sayin.

You call it a statistic, I call it population control.

That said I heard on the radio today that Mexico has officially overtaken the US as the most obese country in the world.  WTF.  C'mon America, let's have another burger and get our crown back!

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
Went to smashburger for the 1st time today. Excellent burger but I dont like their sauce. Same thing for me at Shake Shack. Didnt care for the sauce.

Smash Fries much better than shake shacks although I dont know if I'd order them again.

I'm going to have to go back again and have their classic smash without the sauce to judge further :)

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
smash fires wit the garlic and olive oil is pretty dope.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kob24

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »
I'm gonna end this Convo right now because I'm a fat bastard. Burger garage in Long Island city queens turkey burger is crack. And white mannas in jersey makes no #$%^ing sense at all.

gman

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
Mj, burgerfi just opened in Woodbury. My sister raved about it.

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2013, 08:50:01 PM »
Mj, burgerfi just opened in Woodbury. My sister raved about it.
I will check it out when I get back from Chicago. Another burger place opened up in woodbury or syosset whose name escapes me right now