Malik Stith - East Mecklenburg - Charlotte, NC - ST. JOHN'S (SIGNED LOI)

• 164 replies

Marillac

Re: Malik Stith - East Mecklenburg - Charlotte, NC - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal)
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »
WAIT - THAT WAS SARCASM!

No.  I actually like this kid a lot.  At the very least it gives us two true PG's.  We had that one year since Norm took over.  It will probably end up pushing Boothe as well.

« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
http://www.vphoops.com/

Which Malik will back up which Malik?

*Norm Roberts from St. John’s signed prep school point guard Malik Stith from Hempstead.  Stith is 5′11 and played three years of ball at East Mecklenberg in Charlotte, NC.  One year he even led them to a North Carolina State Title.

“Malik is a true point guard, and he is going to bring a great deal of creativity and ball-handling to our team,” Roberts said.

It sounds like one Malik just got recruited over if you ask me….the current St. John’s point guard of the future was supposed to be Malik Boothe from Christ The King.

gonzalo

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2009, 01:15:15 AM »
Malik,

Welcome and good luck.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/06/04/nbe-prep-corner-with-pat-stevens-vol-23/

St. John’s Malik Stith of Bridgton Academy, ME

“By the end of the NEPSAC, he was the MVP. We played them early at their place and as all teams are at that time, they were trying to figure out themselves. But we knew that as he went, they would go. He was phenomenal in the NEPSAC playoffs. They were a team who went possession by possession and with him as the quarterback he got guys shots at the right times on the shot clock and in the right spots. One kid totally dictated the tempo of the game when they played Patterson in the National Championship Tournament and that’s the reason Bridgton won because of his ability to control the game. How will it carry over to the Big East where everybody is quicker, taller, faster, and stronger. I’m curious to see how it carries over but he was the MVP of the playoffs.

“The definition of a waterbug. Constant, perpetual motion and the ability to keep him out of the paint is really difficult.” – Brewster coach Jason Smith