The leader

• 12 replies
The leader
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:02:32 PM »
I don't think enough can be said about how much D'angelo Harrison means to this team. For as fiery a player he is, he is always so composed on the court. Never rushes decisions and never lets the other team speed him up. He had NINE straight points for us in the second half when G town was making a game of it. That cant be understated, that long two he made was huge, and the three he made a few possessions later was even bigger.  He is a phenomenal rebounder and an undervalued defender.  Him and Rysheed are becoming a very dangerous duo.

Here's the best thing about him: 47/49 from the line in the last 7 games. That is big time stuff!

Kudos D'angelo, thanks for not giving up on St. John's. I know I never gave up on you.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Re: The leader
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:04:29 PM »
I really don't think people should waste their time trying to explain to people that Harrison is good. People who don't get that should be required to have live in help to do even the most basic things.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
 He's been great.  Has his swagger back.. I think he lost it a bit early on... he found it.

goredmen

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »
The 3 he hit when GTown cut it to 7 was the biggest shot of the game. Ended their run and essentially ended the game

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:07:50 PM »
He's been awesome and incredibly clutch!  He lost his touch from 3 for a few games but definitely has it back.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:08:22 PM »
As great as Harrison is, I think the emergence of Rysheed, another guy who can create and handle the ball, has just added to how good he can be for us. Defenses can't key on him as much as they used to be able to.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 10:08:23 PM »
He was having a lot of fun at the end of the game. As was Jordan.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 10:11:56 PM »
As great as Harrison is, I think the emergence of Rysheed, another guy who can create and handle the ball, has just added to how good he can be for us. Defenses can't key on him as much as they used to be able to.

Absolutely. It takes two.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »
Harrison has been vastly improved because we now have a floor general in Rysheed Jordan.  Harrison can play his shooting guard role without having to worry about much else.  Not only Rysheed,but we also have branch who was playing well and Greene who also seems to be playing more within himself.  Harrison is certainly a great leader.  He's shining more now without having to be the only guy on the court that has to be guarded.

redslope

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 11:07:21 PM »
D had family at the game--it was great to see him light it up for them.  He was also very respectful of the opponents after the game with his interaction with Gtown's backcourt

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 11:55:58 PM »
He plays with passion when last year he seems to play pissed off.  You can control your emotions better when you passionate about something. When your pissed your rage controls you and it's hard to let something go.

Cougar O' Malley

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 04:40:31 AM »
Harrison is big time.  It sucks to be the only scorer on a team, but he  carried us out of necessity.  Now  that Jordan has his sea legs, it  changes everything.  Harrison has been able to pick his spots and his decision-making has been amazing.  I know there are times I panic as a fan and want him to shoot without forcing it, but he  has maintained his composure and picked his spots. 

There will be times we need him to carry us briefly...like when they made their run to cut it to 7.  It was hectic.  Then he answers with a trey and gets contact to get on the line for the one-and-one. 

Tiznow

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »
Harrison is big time.  It sucks to be the only scorer on a team, but he  carried us out of necessity.  Now  that Jordan has his sea legs, it  changes everything.  Harrison has been able to pick his spots and his decision-making has been amazing.  I know there are times I panic as a fan and want him to shoot without forcing it, but he  has maintained his composure and picked his spots. 

There will be times we need him to carry us briefly...like when they made their run to cut it to 7.  It was hectic.  Then he answers with a trey and gets contact to get on the line for the one-and-one. 

And it was a good to see that we have experienced players with the court smarts to draw in the defense and find Harrison for a wide open three at a crucial point.