Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)

• 177 replies
Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2008, 08:44:59 AM »
We need scorers and this guy appears to be a scorer.  Welcome aboard Dwight!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »
Welcome back my brother.
Dream took a few year but a dream deferr is better than a dream lost.
Coach M pop the champagne and we all celebratin at JFK.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »
I saw Dwight a couple of times at Kennedy and he is exactly as described.. He always was a step slow on defense to me.. but he can def score very crafty.  I love a kid like this on a team that needs that bench player to come in and heat up for 5 minute stretches ala VJ... However this team needs alot more than this and the signing leaves me scratching my head. Welcome aboard though  :)

sjd8886

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »
I saw Dwight a couple of times at Kennedy and he is exactly as described.. He always was a step slow on defense to me.. but he can def score very crafty.  I love a kid like this on a team that needs that bench player to come in and heat up for 5 minute stretches ala VJ... However this team needs alot more than this and the signing leaves me scratching my head. Welcome aboard though  :)

if u really believe what u said then how can u say that...we need more than a crafty scoring guard who can shoot the 3 very well and put a ton of points on the board...need i look up our exact ppg over the last 5 years...if this kid is as good as advertised, well, welcome to st johns dwight, we can use you

mkras99

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »
Welcome back my brother.
Choz - what do you think of his game (assuming he's gotten better as the years have passed by)?  You think he can get us 12-15 ppg next year?

mkras99

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »
http://ihccathletics.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-post.html

Basketball: IHCC Stars to Play in Big East

Ottumwa -- When Indian Hills teammates Dwight Hardy and Dwight Buycks take their considerable talents on to their next schools in 2009, they’ll be on opposing teams in the same conference. On the first day of the early signing period Wednesday, Hardy signed his national letter of intent with St. John’s University in New York and Buycks signed with Marquette University in Milwaukee. Both schools are in the Big East Conference. And both are located within an hour’s drive of their new signees’ homes.

Indian Hills coach Jeff Kidder said of Hardy, who is from the Bronx in New York City and played at John F. Kennedy High School, “Dwight is so deserving of this opportunity to go back home and play in front of his family and friends. Dwight has worked very hard in the classroom and on the court to make his dream come true. And we are all very proud of him.”

Coach Kidder had similar thoughts about Buycks, who played high school basketball at Bay View in Milwaukee. “We are so happy for Dwight and his decision to attend Marquette University. We appreciate all he has done for the Indian Hills basketball program. He’s a great player and a wonderful young man.”

Hardy and Buycks were the top scorers on last year’s IHCC team that qualified for the NJCAA national tournament and they were two big reasons why this year’s Warrior team entered the season ranked number one in the nation.

Hardy (6-2, 180) was the leading scorer for Indian Hills as a freshman, averaging 18.9 points a game. He played his best basketball at the end of the season when he averaged 26.3 points a game over the last 12 games and 32.2 for the last five games. He was the leading scorer in the national tournament, pouring in 121 points in four games. Hardy also set the IHCC school record for three-pointers in a season with 102.

Buycks (6-3, 185) averaged 17.8 points a game last year and scored in double figures in 36 of the Warriors 38 games. He scored 79 points in the national tourney and was named an honorable mention All-American.

Buycks and Hardy were both named to the all-tournament team at the national tourney. They were each selected to the All-Region XI first team. And the two talented guards started all 38 games that IHCC played a year ago.

Buycks was chosen on the NJCAA’s preseason All-American first team prior to the start of this season and Hardy was named to the second team. They have helped the Warriors get off to a 4-1 start this season.

Indian Hills plays two games this weekend in the Klyn Automotive Classic. The Warriors will take on Highland (Kan.) Community College on Friday night and Kennedy-King Saturday night.

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2008, 11:51:41 AM »
Welcome back my brother.
Choz - what do you think of his game (assuming he's gotten better as the years have passed by)?  You think he can get us 12-15 ppg next year?

Hard to say bre since the 4 train dont get out to Iowa much.
Some of my peeps say DHs game is takin off and that he much stronger than he was back at JFK. But I only like given scoutin reports on playaz I seen wit my own eyes. That why I didnt say nuthin 'bout Justin when he was up at prep.

Anyways, here the Dwight Hardy I remember.
Dwight can pop like Radar. Give the brother some daylight and he knockin down. Aint sayin it a 22-footer. Just sayin if he got some room 18 and in, it goin down. That off the drib or off the catch. He work like hell to get hisself open and when he do, he poppin from evry angle imaginable.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2008, 11:53:53 AM »

if u really believe what u said then how can u say that...we need more than a crafty scoring guard who can shoot the 3 very well and put a ton of points on the board...need i look up our exact ppg over the last 5 years...if this kid is as good as advertised, well, welcome to st johns dwight, we can use you

i say it because who is going to rebound the ball soon?  I DO like Dwight .. However i like a balanced team more.  My post wasnt a slight to Dwight at all but rather a slight towards the coaching staffs philosophy on scholarship distribution  :)

sjd8886

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »
we need scoring foremost...we would get that with those three guards...rebounding needs to be done by coker and burrell...or wait and coker, or whoever is currently in the game at the 4 and 5...with the guards doing there share, and guards can rebound, they sneak around, can jump, and are quick...so they can rebound too...and we tried to get big men...they didnt sign with us

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2008, 06:25:53 PM »
we need scoring foremost...we would get that with those three guards...rebounding needs to be done by coker and burrell...or wait and coker, or whoever is currently in the game at the 4 and 5...with the guards doing there share, and guards can rebound, they sneak around, can jump, and are quick...so they can rebound too...and we tried to get big men...they didnt sign with us

" They sneak around, can jump, and are quick.. so they can rebound too"    PRICELESS I NEEDED THAT THANKS  :)

sjd8886

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »

" They sneak around, can jump, and are quick.. so they can rebound too"    PRICELESS I NEEDED THAT THANKS  :)

your right, i wrote something that makes sense in theory (guards are small and quick so they can sneak around the bigger guys and grab rebounds) but made it sound stupid....at least i didnt make an outright http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded statement....you question the coaches philosophy about recruiting bc we signed a guard instead of a big man...i guess u dont know how many forwards we offered who went elsewhere...i guess u think the staff can force kids to come here...maybe u should go back to whatever disco disco u came from and leave the forum here to the rest of us

Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2008, 07:11:57 PM »
could be another hatten
as long as norm doesn't treat him like avery patterson.

I think you meant... as long as he shoots like but doesn't play D like Avery Patterson.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:14:36 PM by Johnny4Life »

sjd8886

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »
wait...are you insinuating that patterson even played "some" defense????????????????

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2008, 08:05:10 PM »
wait...are you insinuating that patterson even played "some" defense????????????????

Patterson was a solid defensive rebounder. I will give him that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »

your right, i wrote something that makes sense in theory (guards are small and quick so they can sneak around the bigger guys and grab rebounds) but made it sound stupid....at least i didnt make an outright http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded statement....you question the coaches philosophy about recruiting bc we signed a guard instead of a big man...i guess u dont know how many forwards we offered who went elsewhere...i guess u think the staff can force kids to come here...maybe u should go back to whatever disco disco u came from and leave the forum here to the rest of us

I am fully aware of how many forwards / centers we have offered.   I am also aware that you are arguing the same point as me .. only once again explaining it in a assinine way.  I mention i like Dwight  but wish the ship could have been used on a bigger player.. You then mention that the staff struck out on most bigs we offered.. So essentially you are agreeing that the staff is coming up short ( no pun intended) in the recruiting department...  Thanks  :)   Now that is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded  ;)

sjd8886

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2008, 12:25:13 PM »
im not goin into it further, bc i think the people on the board can make up their own minds about which post was stupid...also i hate to stray from the thread topic, especially with bs...all im gonna say is, ur already at -3 karma after 4 posts...i think its safe to say why

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
Welcome back my brother.

Hard to say bre since the 4 train dont get out to Iowa much.
Some of my peeps say DHs game is takin off and that he much stronger than he was back at JFK. But I only like given scoutin reports on playaz I seen wit my own eyes. That why I didnt say nuthin 'bout Justin when he was up at prep.

Anyways, here the Dwight Hardy I remember.
Dwight can pop like Radar. Give the brother some daylight and he knockin down. Aint sayin it a 22-footer. Just sayin if he got some room 18 and in, it goin down. That off the drib or off the catch. He work like hell to get hisself open and when he do, he poppin from evry angle imaginable.

So like the old McDonald's commercial with Jordan and Bird... he can hit through the rafter... off the wall... nothing but net! =D

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2008, 05:07:32 PM »
im not goin into it further, bc i think the people on the board can make up their own minds about which post was stupid...also i hate to stray from the thread topic, especially with bs...all im gonna say is, ur already at -3 karma after 4 posts...i think its safe to say why

You are demented pal . I voiced my opinion in my original post and you flat out attacked it.   I am certainly not new to posting having posted on Redmen for years.. so i could care less about your Karma or anyone elses for that matter.  I get out and watch my team and i get out often and watch high school kids.. If you dont like my opinion about the staffs direction re: recruiting then fine.. I love Omari and like Dwight .. but please dont attack me like im some rookie pal.. How many kids have you watched play before giving your " internet story" opinion?   One thing i hope we can all agree on is that the season is upon us  :) :) :)    Let's kick some tail tonight!!! 

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »

You are demented pal . I voiced my opinion in my original post and you flat out attacked it.   I am certainly not new to posting having posted on Redmen for years.. so i could care less about your Karma or anyone elses for that matter.  I get out and watch my team and i get out often and watch high school kids.. If you dont like my opinion about the staffs direction re: recruiting then fine.. I love Omari and like Dwight .. but please dont attack me like im some rookie pal.. How many kids have you watched play before giving your " internet story" opinion?   One thing i hope we can all agree on is that the season is upon us  :) :) :)    Let's kick some tail tonight!!! 

Lets tone it down. You're new here. Everyone has a clean slate when they arrive but you are starting off on the wrong foot. Don't go back and forth calling someone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded or demented. You won't last very long if you keep that up. Keep the discussion to hoops. Any problems with another poster PM or Email me your concerns. This seems to be the theme of the night. DEK24@JohnnyJungle.com
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:12:07 PM by Dave »