Marquette Game

• 93 replies

Wods317

Re: Marquette Game
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2016, 01:55:00 PM »
Heard from someone who works at the school they are considering tomorrow night at CA for the game.

Poison

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2016, 01:56:56 PM »
Why did they cancel the game? Pussies.

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »

Pansification of America

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2016, 02:06:51 PM »
Now what the hell am I supposed to watch on TV tonight?  :) Better not be tomorrow night up against championship sunday nfl football. Besides will probably still be digging out.

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
NFC Championship game, X Files and the Royal Rumble tomorrow night. If it's about TV it won't be tomorrow. If it's about getting it in while "Marquette is here" it will be tomorrow.

I don't think anyone will be ready to move until Monday.

Wods317

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2016, 02:15:21 PM »
NFC Championship game, X Files and the Royal Rumble tomorrow night. If it's about TV it won't be tomorrow. If it's about getting it in while "Marquette is here" it will be tomorrow.

Royal rumble and the X Files? Can't imagine that is much of a concern for anyone. This isn't like a huge game where they are worried about the ratings. They just want to play the game while the teams are here. The options are limited as to when they can play so tomorrow seems like the best option even if the Rumble is on.

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
Watching the Duke and NC state game they got hit pretty bad as well and they don't handle snow and sleet well. That gym is packed!

New York has been soft since Snoop came through and crushed the building's! #jayz
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:17:23 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »

Royal rumble and the X Files? Can't imagine that is much of a concern for anyone. This isn't like a huge game where they are worried about the ratings. They just want to play the game while the teams are here. The options are limited as to when they can play so tomorrow seems like the best option even if the Rumble is on.

Millions of people will watch both the X Files and the Rumble. Someone before said that they wanted to play tonight because of TV. If they are going to play tomorrow why play when there is no audience to watch? Just wondering.

Wods317

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2016, 02:25:46 PM »

Millions of people will watch both the X Files and the Rumble. Someone before said that they wanted to play tonight because of TV. If they are going to play tomorrow why play when there is no audience to watch? Just wondering.

Sure they do but every time we have a game there are millions of people watching other programming, that's not a concern. The only reason they were going to play was because both teams were here and rescheduling is a big headache. I seriously doubt anyone from cbs sports was telling them they need to play.

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »

Agreed.  Have to do it while the teams and officials are here, and ready to go.  Can't worry about what you are up against.  It's going to be an inconvenience for some people now, regardless of when they play.  Such is life with rescheduled dates.

If it is at CA tomorrow, what will they do re: tickets?  Will they honor MSG tickets, or were more then 5602 sold for tonight (Saturday Night usually produces a decent crowd by accident), and are the fans going to need to do some sort of exchange to get in tomorrow night?

redslope

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »
Now what the hell am I supposed to watch on TV tonight?  :) Better not be tomorrow night up against championship sunday nfl football. Besides will probably still be digging out.

Couple of college football all star games--guys playing for draft positioning

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2016, 02:57:37 PM »

Couple of college football all star games--guys playing for draft positioning
I tape them for after the draft so i can follow the players and evaluate what the jets and giants have coming to the team.  :)

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »

Pansification of America

You guys outside driving?

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2016, 04:10:49 PM »

St. John's BBall
‏@StJohnsBBall   #SJUBB vs. @MarquetteMBB rescheduled for Sun., Jan. 24, 3:45 pm at Carnesecca Arena - Ticket Info coming soon http://RedStormSports.com  #mubb

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2016, 05:31:26 PM »

Pansification of America

We were doing a bit. Sarcasm. Making fun of the people who insanely wanted them to play tonight.

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »

St. John's BBall
‏@StJohnsBBall   #SJUBB vs. @MarquetteMBB rescheduled for Sun., Jan. 24, 3:45 pm at Carnesecca Arena - Ticket Info coming soon http://RedStormSports.com  #mubb

Aired tomorrow on CBSSports at 6 via tape delay
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »
If you have tickets that werent comps you can enter the game tomorrow as a general admission. So good seats for all. You can also trade them in for another game or get a refund. Great job by the school on all of that.

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »

Pansification of America

We were doing a bit. Sarcasm. Making fun of the people who insanely wanted them to play tonight.

My bad.  I missed the sarcasm.  Some guys on here take their tough guy roles seriously.

Poison

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
If you have tickets that werent comps you can enter the game tomorrow as a general admission. So good seats for all. You can also trade them in for another game or get a refund. Great job by the school on all of that.

Can we trade them in for tickets to a Rangers game?

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »

Can we trade them in for tickets to a Rangers game?
Yes, 10 SJU tickets gets you in too see a Ranger pregame skate. But they do play the voice of Emile the Cat Francis shouting to the team "Skate, skate!".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:33:52 PM by Celtics11 »