Re: Seton Hall Game thread
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »
Yakwe,  Mussini, Sima nice to build on. Ellison has a lot Of work to do
+1

Ponds, Ahmed. Minutes fought to come bye

Poison

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
You can hear the Seton Hall dirtbags yelling from behind the basket.

Poison

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »
If you've missed the shot, make sure you never crash the boards. Don't ever do that. Instead, plant your feet, throw your arms out and start bitching for a foul.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
Yakwe will be the best player this schools had in the last 20'so years

desco80

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
Yakwe will be the best player this schools had in the last 20'so years

Need to change your password Baldi.

Marillac has been using your account again.

Poison

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 09:54:11 PM »
Dial and Holifield on at same time.

Sends message to rest of team they are playing like crap and deserve bench time

What will that accomplish at this point? Overall, since BE play started, they've manned up. Tonight, they started off playing great interior defense, and helping on defense. Mussini doesn't hit shots and this team can't win. He's being asked to do too many of the things a point guard and a scoring guard should be able to do. He is neither of those positions.

QuanMan

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 10:21:23 PM »
Just got back from Newark. The offensive ineptness that has plagued them over the past 45 days is becoming unbearable. I respect their heart and pride for the uniform, but this has been the most grueling season since the Kevin Clark season and Norm year 1. As a fan the tense emotions, highs and lows that existed for the past 7-8 years are now mute. I'm pulling for these kids, they need a W in the worst way. Depaul @Carnesecca will be their Super Bowl.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 10:54:21 PM »
Felix plays hard but he has to be the worse finisher in college ball history.

Never seen a team miss as many laps up as they did.

The one thing Chris or Mitch have to teach them go up strong when you go up to draw the foul

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 11:14:14 PM »
Just got back from Newark. The offensive ineptness that has plagued them over the past 45 days is becoming unbearable. I respect their heart and pride for the uniform, but this has been the most grueling season since the Kevin Clark season and Norm year 1. As a fan the tense emotions, highs and lows that existed for the past 7-8 years are now mute. I'm pulling for these kids, they need a W in the worst way. Depaul @Carnesecca will be their Super Bowl.
I got more enjoyment out of the kevin clark season and beating gtown. I think I was at that game ( was it at msg ? ) but this season has me so pissed the past is just a blur now. It's almost like sju hoops is disappearing from my memory except for Lavins 1st year

goredmen

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:40 PM »
I got more enjoyment out of the kevin clark season and beating gtown. I think I was at that game ( was it at msg ? ) but this season has me so pissed the past is just a blur now. It's almost like sju hoops is disappearing from my memory except for Lavins 1st year

I know this season completely sucks but this program is best set up for consistent success than it's been in the past 15 years. Yes, we are going to take some lumps this year and some next year also and it will be painful but at least we have something to look forward to down the road. There are plenty of big conference teams in much worse shape than we are because they have no young talent (we do), no solid recruits already lined up and committed (we do) and no stone cold closers when it comes to recruiting (we have 2 of them). This staff is trying to build a consistent winner by building around solid 4 year players which is the blueprint the two best teams in our conference have used

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 11:37:10 PM »

I know this season completely sucks but this program is best set up for consistent success than it's been in the past 15 years. Yes, we are going to take some lumps this year and some next year also and it will be painful but at least we have something to look forward to down the road. There are plenty of big conference teams in much worse shape than we are because they have no young talent (we do), no solid recruits already lined up and committed (we do) and no stone cold closers when it comes to recruiting (we have 2 of them). This staff is trying to build a consistent winner by building around solid 4 year players which is the blueprint the two best teams in our conference have used
I'm definitely looking forward to next year and I'm happy with the recruiting aspect and that's the only way we will be able to get continued success all I'm saying is I'd be lying if I said I thought Mullin was a good coach right now

Next year could be completely different and I might feel completely differently. I'm just talking about right now after watching another game where we get our brains get beat in when we aren't even competitive after 15 minutes

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 11:38:47 PM »

Poison

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 11:54:54 PM »
Felix plays hard but he has to be the worse finisher in college ball history.

Never seen a team miss as many laps up as they did.

The one thing Chris or Mitch have to teach them go up strong when you go up to draw the foul

Is it that he's not teaching them how to or that they know how to and they just don't want to? I see the latter.

Ellison is a hot mess but he's a freshman. Yakwe does up strong. Johnson is a girl. M'vouika is a girl, but a fat one. Jones has improved, but he still has so far to go. He fades away, faces the basket too soon and only goes up strong if he can get by his man on the first try. Guy needs to learn an up an under. He's a poor man's Anthony Glover w out one. (He will be a great one year addition at North Texas next season) Amar just doesn't use his feet. You can't go up strong w out setting your feet. The staff should be working w him on that. Mussini avoids contact as much as he can. He needs to hit the gym like no player we've ever had. And while he's at it, he can also work on not standing there and bitching to the refs while the game is actually being played, like he did after he scored and wanted the foul.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:03:34 AM by Poison »

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 11:59:34 PM »
No doubt about it, this season has turned into a very tough slog.  If it's as hard as it is on us fans, imagine what the players must feel like, especially the young kids who are showing signs of feeling the pressure of this losing streak.  Aside from Yakwe's blocks, athleticism, and motor, not a whole lot to be excited about lately.  And how hard must all this losing be for our coaches? Slice left Kentucky, Matt a very successful program and one of the game's best home courts at Iowa State,  Mitch excelled at the highest level of his sport, and CM is an all-time all-timer, yet they all signed on for this because they believed that they could build something very special here.

We have to trust that better times are coming, as the kids we have sitting out, injured, and coming aboard next year all indicate.  Nobody said this was going to be easy, but now we're all finding out exactly for hard it is.  Any game we win this year, and every game we win next year, will be the sweeter for what this team is going through now.  We're laying a foundation, and it's hard, dirty work.  Believe in the process.

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:50 AM »
I don't care what our talent level is or how inexperienced we are this is garbage basketball and we take a ton of ridiculous shots.

Literally can't watch anymore.

Lately, I haven't been watching games.  I only saw the first half of the Butler game a couple weeks ago.  But, I didn't watch the G'town game, Marquette game (the one from Sunday), nor tonight's game.  I can't watch this stuff any longer.  If I have something else I wanna do, then I'll just go ahead and do so.  I could've watched tonight's game (or, the other games mentioned), but decided against it.   

I may take a look at our Big East Tournament game, but I think I've checked out from watching games the remainder of this season.  It's gonna be tough to get me to watch the rest of the way.   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:10:46 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2016, 12:09:43 AM »

It's too soon to make an assessment like that. We don't know if we're in a better position now for success than we've been in 15 years. Lavin had more highly rated recruits, and while we have 4 year college players in Yakwe, Sima, Mussini and Ellison, we don't know how seriously they are taking St.John's basketball, and we won't know until next year.

From my vantage point, Ponds and Ahmed are the kind local talents that we need, but this team needs more than them to compete in the BE. They also need Lovett, Owens and more recruits who are ready to play right away. They have no leadership right now. There isn't anyone that takes ownership of this team. Johnson and M'vouika are the worst seniors St.John's has ever had. They have nothing to do with this program and what it's about. We need guys who wanna work.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:15:45 AM by Poison »

paultzman

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »
I don't care what our talent level is or how inexperienced we are this is garbage basketball and we take a ton of ridiculous shots.

Literally can't watch anymore.

Lately, I haven't been watching games.  I only saw the first half of the Butler game a couple weeks ago.  But, I didn't watch the G'town game, Marquette game (the one from Sunday), nor tonight's game.  I can't watch this stuff any longer.  If I have something else I wanna do, then I'll just go ahead and do so.  I could've watched tonight's game (or, the other games mentioned), but decided against it.   

I may take a look at our Big East Tournament game, but I think I've checked out from watching games the remainder of this season.  It's gonna be tough to get me to watch the rest of the way.   

Must confess Dink, I do the same.

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 07:51:26 AM »
Hopefully that is rock bottom. Everything was bad. It's not fair to Ellison to play him this many minutes, he is an absolute mess and totally overmatched. I don't think turning the ball over, missing lay ups, throwing up air balls, etc will help his development at all -- give him a few minutes to get his feet wet and hopefully as a junior he can begin to contribute. At least they kept playing hard. Amar got a steal and was diving to the floor with like a minute left. Feel bad for these kids, they badly need a point guard. They barely ran any offense

Poison

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 08:19:35 AM »
Hopefully that is rock bottom. Everything was bad. It's not fair to Ellison to play him this many minutes, he is an absolute mess and totally overmatched. I don't think turning the ball over, missing lay ups, throwing up air balls, etc will help his development at all -- give him a few minutes to get his feet wet and hopefully as a junior he can begin to contribute. At least they kept playing hard. Amar got a steal and was diving to the floor with like a minute left. Feel bad for these kids, they badly need a point guard. They barely ran any offense

Remember Tyshawn Edmonson? He was awful as a freshman. Transferred out, and had he not, he would have been the best play on our team in the 12/13 season. Freshman need to take their lumps. He finishes like he's never even played before, but is largely because he's never played at this level before. He needs to be out there whether he gets embarrassed or not. The program decided it was ok to be embarrassed now if it lead to success down the road by bringing in a coach who had zero experience. Fans have to take their medicine if they supported it last Spring.

TONYD3

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2016, 08:32:50 AM »
Rock bottom- nova coming to the garden Sunday .