Roster updates

• 244 replies
Re: Roster updates
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2015, 09:24:06 PM »
I like Felix but on the court he has regressed since he was a freshman. I think the scarcity of playing time did that to him. The redshirt idea was a fiasco. I hope he gets the year back. I hope he can play solid minutes and will be useful as a senior. 

I would think if we lose out on Diallo, another Scholly will open up

sju89tr

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »
I like Felix but on the court he has regressed since he was a freshman. I think the scarcity of playing time did that to him. The redshirt idea was a fiasco. I hope he gets the year back. I hope he can play solid minutes and will be useful as a senior. 

I don't think Felix goes anywhere (at least not this year) 

Marillac

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:50 PM »

This staff would keep him at all costs.  Great teammate, busts his butt, d's up, not a problem in the locker room or classroom.  It would be entirely up to Felix if he were to transfer.  I'd be this staff looks at him as a gift. 

You can't judge a guard/sf that got minutes that sporadically.  He had a complete lack of confidence thanks to Lavin jerking him around.  It's easier for bigs and PGs...but very tough for 2's and 3's to not have a role.

kob24

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2015, 09:52:20 PM »
Adonis opened a scholarship. his brother may leave

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »
Adonis opened a scholarship. his brother may leave

Yup. Already announced

Moose

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 10:08:05 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Freshman 7-Footer Adonis De La Rosa to Transfer from St. John's (UPDATED) http://t.co/lqnVDD619K @joshua_newman

He should go to Manhattan College

Not a good fit as Mass' teams run.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »
Felix doesn't fit into any of those molds but query whether this staff can get more out of him with his ridiculous athleticism.

I feel like there's some untapped potential in Balamou that we haven't seen. Unfortunately, this is his Senior season. He should be able to provide plenty on the defensive end.

I think Felix will ultimately get that year back.  Nearly every team can use a player like Felix, and I think this staff is better suited to tap into his  potential.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him really step up after being behind Dom his whole career.

He hasn't got it back yet.  What makes you think all of a sudden they will change their mind.

sju89tr

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2015, 10:25:15 PM »
Felix doesn't fit into any of those molds but query whether this staff can get more out of him with his ridiculous athleticism.

I feel like there's some untapped potential in Balamou that we haven't seen. Unfortunately, this is his Senior season. He should be able to provide plenty on the defensive end.

I think Felix will ultimately get that year back.  Nearly every team can use a player like Felix, and I think this staff is better suited to tap into his  potential.  I wouldn't be shocked to see him really step up after being behind Dom his whole career.

He hasn't got it back yet.  What makes you think all of a sudden they will change their mind.

I don't think he gets it back. He can thank Lavin (and Sheed) for losing that year.

ras

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2015, 10:51:39 PM »
if you play 1 game, the year counts. Just like Hooper, when he played 1 game at Harvard and that counted as a year. Unless there is a medical reason, which I don't think there is.

I don't think he gets it back. He can thank Lavin (and Sheed) for losing that year.
.  If he played 1 game it counts as a year. Just like w Hooper playing 1 game at Harvard his fr. Year. Unless there is a medical reason, which I don't think there is.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:53:51 PM by ras »

TONYD3

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2015, 10:57:27 PM »

He had to know that coming to St. John's may be to much for his skill level and he would be treated accordingly.

« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2015, 10:58:01 PM »
if you play 1 game, the year counts. Just like Hooper, when he played 1 game at Harvard and that counted as a year. Unless there is a medical reason, which I don't think there is.

.  If he played 1 game it counts as a year. Just like w Hooper playing 1 game at Harvard his fr. Year. Unless there is a medical reason, which I don't think there is.

Left the country due to moms illness. Wasnt able to play end of season because of injured ankle .
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »

Just a feeling.  He is a kid a long, long way from home who had to miss a lot of time to see his sick mother and deal with an injury.  The fact that he's not a star also helps IMO.  I can't see the NCAA screwing him for playing 4 games. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:16:36 PM by Marillac »

Moose

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2015, 11:18:55 PM »

Just a feeling.  He is a kid a long, long way from home who had to miss a lot of time to see his sick mother and deal with an injury.  The fact that he's not a star also helps IMO.  I can't see the NCAA screwing him for playing 4 games. 

They have already said no to appeals.
Just don't see it.
Hope you are right.

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2015, 02:31:51 AM »
Will be hard to replace JDR's 0.5 pts and 0.9 rebs per game. Do you know how hard it is to have those averages? I kid because I love.  :)

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
@AdamZagoria: Freshman 7-Footer Adonis De La Rosa to Transfer from St. John's (UPDATED) http://t.co/lqnVDD619K @joshua_newman

He had outstanding potential...more than anyone who's coming to replace him not named Diallo.  It's a shame. 

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2015, 08:55:42 AM »

He had outstanding potential...more than anyone who's coming to replace him not named Diallo.  It's a shame. 

I'd definitely argue that Owens and Sima have the same or greater potential than Adonis.

MCNPA

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2015, 09:04:47 AM »

I'd definitely argue that Owens and Sima have the same or greater potential than Adonis.

I think only Newsman would argue withn you on that.  He had limited potential based on some fair offensive skills, but Sima is taller and much more athletic with not so dissimilar skills.  It's not just the weight with Adonis.  He also ran the court like Curtis Johnson, and im not sure that would have improved several fold even with significant weight loss. 

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
Adonis...first team all city...two state championships...finally a NYC players comes here.  I only saw him play in the STAC game...15 minutes, ten points, five rebounds, a steal.  He was extremely quick...and not just quick for a 300 something pounder. He was FAR BETTER than Curtis Johnson who had weight and foot problems.

I can't say I saw Owens or Sima play...but Adonis was a keeper.  I'm disappointed.

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2015, 10:06:04 AM »
Adonis is from CK.  Not going to help with Arbitello's guy Alkins.

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
Adonis...first team all city...two state championships...finally a NYC players comes here.  I only saw him play in the STAC game...15 minutes, ten points, five rebounds, a steal.  He was extremely quick...and not just quick for a 300 something pounder. He was FAR BETTER than Curtis Johnson who had weight and foot problems.

I can't say I saw Owens or Sima play...but Adonis was a keeper.  I'm disappointed.

High school is not the Big East