No Sanchez tomorrow

• 58 replies
Re: No Sanchez tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 09:40:04 PM »
I'm disappointed and embarrassed to hear people on Twitter are making negative remarks.  I always felt  for all the fans we had who annoyed the majority of the fan base and 'caused problems' they were nothing compared to the fans of some real big schools when it came to Twitter trolling.

No one on Twitter from what I've seen is ACTUALLY upset at his decision to miss the game tomorrow.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Moose

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 09:55:56 PM »
I'm disappointed and embarrassed to hear people on Twitter are making negative remarks.  I always felt  for all the fans we had who annoyed the majority of the fan base and 'caused problems' they were nothing compared to the fans of some real big schools when it came to Twitter trolling.

No one on Twitter from what I've seen is ACTUALLY upset at his decision to miss the game tomorrow.

So then what were people referring to then?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »

Who said anything about being upset...

jr49

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »
Here's wishing the Sanchez family health and luck. I also hope Orlando comes back playing the best basketball of his life.

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 10:03:12 PM »
Congrats to the Sanchez family. Best wishes.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »
Tom Doherty, a good SJU fan, tweeted something to the extent that Sanchez' kid will be around long after tomorrow but tomorrow's game is a once in a lifetime game.  Implying that he should not have to be home at this point.

Tommy I think wisely deleted it.  He is a great fan but even he saw how that was in poor taste.  He replaced it with this tweet:

thomas doherty ‏@tuckahoetommy  · 35m 
No Sanchez (congrats on baby) no problem #SJUBB train gonna run thru Nova Lets go Johnnies

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »

So the supportive things people are saying on twitter are "disgusting". What were you talking about then?  You started this, then when someone called you on it you try to pull a Jedi mind trick or something ::)

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 10:11:27 PM »

Some people feel the need to make up outrage in order to put themselves on their high horse.  I don't get it. I was doing #sjubb and Orlando Sanchez searches and saw NO  ONE seriously upset or questioning the guys decision to miss the game to be with his family.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
Tom Doherty, a good SJU fan, tweeted something to the extent that Sanchez' kid will be around long after tomorrow but tomorrow's game is a once in a lifetime game.  Implying that he should not have to be home at this point.

Tommy I think wisely deleted it.  He is a great fan but even he saw how that was in poor taste.  He replaced it with this tweet:

No Sanchez (congrats on baby) no problem #SJUBB train gonna run thru Nova Lets go Johnnies

Misguided sure. " Disgusting" was misleading

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 10:13:36 PM »

So the supportive things people are saying on twitter are "disgusting". What were you talking about then?  You started this, then when someone called you on it you try to pull a Jedi mind trick or something ::)

You're an idiot,  Period.

redslope

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 10:13:37 PM »
good news for the Sanchez family--Congrats.

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 10:15:47 PM »

You're an idiot,  Period.

And you come across as an idiot on her period!
Go make up some more fake stuff

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »

Some people feel the need to make up outrage in order to put themselves on their high horse.  I don't get it. I was doing #sjubb and Orlando Sanchez searches and saw NO  ONE seriously upset or questioning the guys decision to miss the game to be with his family.

There has not been a truer post on this board!

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
Was it common knowledge that he's married and that his wife was pregnant prior to today's announcement?  Both were news to me

Moose

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 10:38:46 PM »
Was it common knowledge that he's married and that his wife was pregnant prior to today's announcement?  Both were news to me

I knew he was married.  Thought he already had a kid but I could have misheard and he was expecting.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »

Fair enough, thats one.  However it's so far on the fringe in terms of reaction that its not even worth acknowledging IMO.

LJSA

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
Would you want a guy who has probably been up all day friday and all night friday night to leave NYC for Philly at about 9am Saturday morning and play a 1:30 game for you? Do you think he'd contribute much in that situation?

I've been a part of two drawn-out births and I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him contribute . . . but then he'd crash and crash hard immediately after the game.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »
Funny that Sanchez's wife is in Providence and the Friars still couldn't close on Sanchez.  +1 for Lav
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

ras

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »
Congratulations to him. But this is bad timing. Sampson and Gift are going to have to be carefull w the foul situation. We can play a 3 guard line up and Dom is going to get some time at the 4.

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 10:53:47 PM »
Congratulations to him. But this is bad timing. Sampson and Gift are going to have to be carefull w the foul situation. We can play a 3 guard line up and Dom is going to get some time at the 4.

Yeah before Orlando got busy he should have pulled out his pocket schedule and noticed they would be playing Villanova 9 months from then :)