Around Big East

• 3954 replies

sju89tr

Re: around the big east
« Reply #1100 on: June 27, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »
“@STJ_Basketball: @BIGEASTConf member schools are in L.A. today to collaborate on TV strategies with @FOXSports1. Exciting day for the @BIGEASTConf! #stjbb”

I will go out and stalk the 9 priests and 1 Prez LOL

paultzman

« Reply #1101 on: June 30, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
“@HolyLandofHoops: Fascinating (and long) article on the development of the new #BigEast: "How Creighton made it to the big time" http://www.omaha.com/article/20130630/NEWS/706309914/1685#big-east-how-creighton-made-it-to-the-big-time

gman

« Reply #1102 on: June 30, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »
“@ebosshoops: Commitment frenzy today. Sounds like Malek Harris is off the board to #Marquette.”

“@ebosshoops: Malek Harris will be moving into the national top 75 during tomorrow's update to the 2014 #Rivals150.”

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/161701/malek-harris

Buzz getting it done and stockpiling top 100 talent. Great to see for the new be. I picture them, gtown and us being the top 3 for the new league

MCNPA

« Reply #1103 on: June 30, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »
“@ebosshoops: Commitment frenzy today. Sounds like Malek Harris is off the board to #Marquette.”

“@ebosshoops: Malek Harris will be moving into the national top 75 during tomorrow's update to the 2014 #Rivals150.”

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/161701/malek-harris

Buzz getting it done and stockpiling top 100 talent. Great to see for the new be. I picture them, gtown and us being the top 3 for the new league

Agree.  I'd add Nova to that.  They too are drawing nice talent there.  Those four teams I think will be the heavyweights.  Butler, Creighton Providence, Xavier will also get better with more talent and recruiting to boost their rosters.  Very excited about this league.

gman

« Reply #1104 on: June 30, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »

Agree.  I'd add Nova to that.  They too are drawing nice talent there.  Those four teams I think will be the heavyweights.  Butler, Creighton Providence, Xavier will also get better with more talent and recruiting to boost their rosters.  Very excited about this league.

Yes Nova too.  Anyway you slice it this league should have 5-6 NCAA teams and a lot of fun basketball.

paultzman

« Reply #1105 on: July 01, 2013, 09:59:54 AM »
Nice game for BE;

“@PaintTouches: Get those calendars out: Ohio State at Marquette on Nov. 16 per tOSU release. #mubb”

paultzman

« Reply #1106 on: July 01, 2013, 10:18:55 AM »
Laudable, sensible initial goals from Commish;

“@WeAreDePaul: A Letter From BIG EAST Commissioner Val Ackerman - DePaul University Official Athletic Site http://fw.to/uVncCUP #dpubb”

paultzman

« Reply #1107 on: July 01, 2013, 10:27:10 AM »
For fellow hoops junkies! I notified site to include Johnny Jungle on resource list.

“@whitebluereview: Welcome to the new Big East.  Here is the comprehensive Must Follow List for the league. http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=24888

Moose

« Reply #1108 on: July 01, 2013, 07:00:47 PM »
I would have told Cuse to buzz off

Stanford Univ. over the weekend “traded” its @SUAthletics Twitter handle to Syracuse Univ. in exchange for a collection of local goods to be named later. Stanford was able to part with the handle after its @GoStanford became more popular as the official handle and hashtag (Stanford).
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #1109 on: July 01, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
I would have told Cuse to buzz off

Stanford Univ. over the weekend “traded” its @SUAthletics Twitter handle to Syracuse Univ. in exchange for a collection of local goods to be named later. Stanford was able to part with the handle after its @GoStanford became more popular as the official handle and hashtag (Stanford).

They should have given it to Southern University.

paultzman

« Reply #1110 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »
Johnny Thunder working out?

“@eamonnbrennan: Even Butler Blue III has a montage http://es.pn/14MQ8Kq

paultzman

« Reply #1111 on: July 02, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »
Expected, but huge, nice PG;

OMAHA, Neb. -- Men's basketball guard Grant Gibbs has been awarded a sixth season of eligibility, Creighton University was notified by the NCAA today.

Gibbs led the Missouri Valley Conference in assists each of the last two seasons and will be a senior for the Bluejays in 2013-14. With Gibbs in the line-up the past two seasons, Creighton is 57-14 and is one of 13 teams to earn NCAA Tournament victories in both campaigns.

The Marion, Iowa, native averaged 8.5 points, 5.8 assists and 4.1 rebounds per game last season, when he joined Syracuse's Michael Carter-Williams as the nation's only players with at least 300 points, 200 assists and 145 rebounds.

Gibbs' return gives Creighton four returning starters from a team that went 28-8 last season and swept MVC regular-season and tournament titles in 2012-13.

“@gocreighton: GRANTED! Creighton Basketball's Gibbs earns sixth year! http://ow.ly/mAL8w
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:56:08 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #1112 on: July 02, 2013, 12:57:16 PM »
Expected, but huge, nice PG;

OMAHA, Neb. -- Men's basketball guard Grant Gibbs has been awarded a sixth season of eligibility, Creighton University was notified by the NCAA today.

Gibbs led the Missouri Valley Conference in assists each of the last two seasons and will be a senior for the Bluejays in 2013-14. With Gibbs in the line-up the past two seasons, Creighton is 57-14 and is one of 13 teams to earn NCAA Tournament victories in both campaigns.

The Marion, Iowa, native averaged 8.5 points, 5.8 assists and 4.1 rebounds per game last season, when he joined Syracuse's Michael Carter-Williams as the nation's only players with at least 300 points, 200 assists and 145 rebounds.

Gibbs' return gives Creighton four returning starters from a team that went 28-8 last season and swept MVC regular-season and tournament titles in 2012-13.

“@gocreighton: GRANTED! Creighton Basketball's Gibbs earns sixth year! http://ow.ly/mAL8w

WTH?
They didn't wait until February to make a ruling?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1113 on: July 02, 2013, 01:02:55 PM »
You heard it here first-Creighton wins first new BE regular season title! BE T another story. (BE schools traveling to Nebraska for the first time will find it hard to ignore all the distractions what with all the trappings offered by Omaha, Nebraska. Crieghton is in Omaha, Nebraska isn't it?)  :crazy2:

paultzman

« Reply #1114 on: July 02, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »
“@mswissbeats: With no Ricky Ledo and Vincent Council gone to graduation, the time is now for Providence's Kris Dunn to step up. http://collegechalktalk.com/?p=7080

paultzman

« Reply #1115 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
Warren Buffett just renewed his season tickets;

“@JonRothstein: Grant Gibbs' return doesn't take away the big questions surrounding Creighton in the Big East? Will they be able to defend + rebound?”

“@ESPNAndyKatz: “@ESPNDanaOneil: Grant Gibbs gets sixth year at Creighton. Bluejays early (and first offiical) Big East favorite?” I would say so.”

“@tsnmike: Lotta Creighton-as-Big-East-favorite love with Grant Gibbs back. Happy for him. Still prefer Marquette.”

« Reply #1116 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »

“@JonRothstein: Grant Gibbs' return doesn't take away the big questions surrounding Creighton in the Big East? Will they be able to defend + rebound?”

“@ESPNAndyKatz: “@ESPNDanaOneil: Grant Gibbs gets sixth year at Creighton. Bluejays early (and first offiical) Big East favorite?” I would say so.”

“@tsnmike: Lotta Creighton-as-Big-East-favorite love with Grant Gibbs back. Happy for him. Still prefer Marquette.”

With or without them I don't think they are the favorite, and I know who DEFINITELY doesn't think they are ;).
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #1117 on: July 02, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »

With or without them I don't think they are the favorite, and I know who DEFINITELY doesn't think they are ;).

To me who is favorite is not important. This league is going to be highly competitive. Who comes out on top is anyone's guess. Every game will be a war. SH & DP will also knock off some teams. Should be a lot of fun and beats playing SMU, Central Florid, Eastern Carolina, etc. Can't wait!

« Reply #1118 on: July 02, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »

The who that DEFINITELY doesn't think they are is the main reason I think they are!  :) :) :)

paultzman

« Reply #1119 on: July 02, 2013, 06:09:08 PM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: LJ Peak has committed to Georgetown. Scout's No. 68 ranked player.”

2014 SF