July Recruiting Evaluation Period

• 123 replies
Re: July Recruiting Evaluation Period
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »
@Joshua_Newman: St. John's is three-deep for Rawle Alkins as we get going at CW Post.

Rawle is #1 on my list. Thinking we already have Heron in the fold

paultzman

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2015, 05:17:03 PM »
@Joshua_Newman: For those asking, yes, St. John's also here for Mustapha Heron. Slice and Abdelmassih just got up and switched courts after Alkins sat down

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »
@CNG_Staszewski: Jefferson's Shamorie Ponds with a pretty And 1 in traffic and then a three with the St. John’s coaching staff and Marillac looking on. #sjubb

@Joshua_Newman: Chris Mullin, Slice and Matt Abdelmassih also front and center on Court 2 as Shamorie Ponds plays
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:05:07 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Having said that about Rawle & SJU/UK/IU one difference is that Slice is now at SJU. He is now standing under the basket watching Heron.

paultzman

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Mustapha Heron says "legitimate chance" he and Rawle Alkins could attend college together. #sjubb

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Mustapha Heron says "legitimate chance" he and Rawle Alkins could attend college together. #sjubb

Him and Zags must be taking turns on their phones sending the same info on twitter...LOL

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »
@CNG_Staszewski: Jefferson's Shamorie Ponds with a pretty And 1 in traffic and then a three with the St. John’s coaching staff and Marillac looking on. #sjubb

@Joshua_Newman: Chris Mullin, Slice and Matt Abdelmassih also front and center on Court 2 as Shamorie Ponds plays

Hahaha!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2015, 10:59:31 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Rucker tonight should be very fun. Not only Rawle Alkins, Mustapha Heron on same team, but another #sjubb target, Jefferson's Shamore Ponds.

Marillac

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »

Hahaha!

I missed this until I saw your reply.  Good stuff, Paultz. 
Difficult year for Marillac to find a favorite :( but Ponds is right up there.

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:55 PM »

Hahaha!

I missed this until I saw your reply.  Good stuff, Paultz. 
Difficult year for Marillac to find a favorite :( but Ponds is right up there.

+1

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
http://courtcred.com/event-coverage/adidas-all-american-rucker-park-game-roster/

Team Black is stacked.  Ponds is going to have to go for 40 for his team  to have a chance.  Another chance for Heron to work on Alkins and Adebayo.

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
Stopped up at LIU Post this am.

Alkins was even better than I expected.  Way more skill than I anticipated and very versatile.  Not a fancy handle but under control and very strong.  Got to the rim and finished with a spin move often and easily.  I assumed he would be similar to Dom but his jumper is light years ahead and he's not quite as athletic.  Loved the last few minutes in the close game when he decided to guard Adebayo and did probably the best job of anyone.  Positionless player who could come in right away scoring 12-15 ppg easy while becoming an elite defender.  As soon as he finished he was trying to hurry up through all his interviews to run over and see Mustapha play, so hopefully Heron can committ and get in his ear pronto.

Heron is a strong strong kid.  Would like to see his jumper a little more but he can get to the rack, draw contact and finish.  He looked to have an excellent feel for the game and very under control.

Ponds is extremely skinny.  Canned some absolute bombs and finished a variety of ways inside but his weight concerns me.  Handle was a little sloppy but made some great passes.  I can see him being instant offense off the bench for 2-3 years before becoming a star with some muscle.

Adebayo was an absolute man child.  I don't think we have a chance but my god he would be awesome to have.  Seemed like a good kid and willing to learn.  Also didn't screw around the perimeter and knew to get inside and dominate. 

Jordan Tucker was bigger than I thought and looked to have a smooth game.  Had a few real pretty looking jumpers.

Rafus didn't really stand out except for the fact he's a taller version of the body of Ponds.  I personally hate tall kids who are that skinny because they end up never getting inside.  If you want to stand around the perimeter and chuck you better hit them and he wasn't close. 

Overall good time and going to try and make it up there tomorrow morning.  Was a little surprised to only see Matt A amongst a bunch of other high major head coaches but I'm guessing Mullin and Slice are at the Nike or Under Armor events. 

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »

Alkins was even better than I expected.  Way more skill than I anticipated and very versatile.  Not a fancy handle but under control and very strong.  Got to the rim and finished with a spin move often and easily.  I assumed he would be similar to Dom but his jumper is light years ahead and he's not quite as athletic.  Loved the last few minutes in the close game when he decided to guard Adebayo and did probably the best job of anyone.  Positionless player who could come in right away scoring 12-15 ppg easy while becoming an elite defender.  As soon as he finished he was trying to hurry up through all his interviews to run over and see Mustapha play, so hopefully Heron can committ and get in his ear pronto.

Heron is a strong strong kid.  Would like to see his jumper a little more but he can get to the rack, draw contact and finish.  He looked to have an excellent feel for the game and very under control.

Ponds is extremely skinny.  Canned some absolute bombs and finished a variety of ways inside but his weight concerns me.  Handle was a little sloppy but made some great passes.  I can see him being instant offense off the bench for 2-3 years before becoming a star with some muscle.

Adebayo was an absolute man child.  I don't think we have a chance but my god he would be awesome to have.  Seemed like a good kid and willing to learn.  Also didn't screw around the perimeter and knew to get inside and dominate. 

Jordan Tucker was bigger than I thought and looked to have a smooth game.  Had a few real pretty looking jumpers.

Rafus didn't really stand out except for the fact he's a taller version of the body of Ponds.  I personally hate tall kids who are that skinny because they end up never getting inside.  If you want to stand around the perimeter and chuck you better hit them and he wasn't close. 

Overall good time and going to try and make it up there tomorrow morning.  Was a little surprised to only see Matt A amongst a bunch of other high major head coaches but I'm guessing Mullin and Slice are at the Nike or Under Armor events. 

great stuff scooby! Ponds does seem rather slim but he also seams like he is more than willing to battle with bigger, stronger kids. Tough.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2015, 06:09:47 PM »

Thx Scoo!

paultzman

« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2015, 07:05:00 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Based on what we've seen, I've been told, top #sjubb 2016 targets: Bashir Ahmed, Shamorie Ponds, Rawle Alkins, Mustapha Heron

@NYPost_Brazille: That's, of course, is Kassoum Yakwe reclasses to 2015. If he stays 2016, he's obviously at top of list in 2016 also for #sjubb

« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille  ·2 minutes ago   Manhattan, NY   
Chris Mullin here at Rucker along with assistants Matt Abdelmassih and Barry Rohrssen. #sjubb

paultzman

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2015, 08:56:16 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Shamorie Ponds is fun to watch. Effortless shooter, not forcing it. Just ripped deep step back 3. #

@courtcred: @ShamorieP gets the crowd hyped with his nifty ball handling! #AdidasUprising

paultzman

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »
@BTS_Report: College Coaches seated all over the stands at Rucker Park for #AdidasUprising http://t.co/EBjsf6K9yd
Mullin & Matt

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
@BTS_Report: College Coaches seated all over the stands at Rucker Park for #AdidasUprising http://t.co/EBjsf6K9yd
Mullin & Matt

And that is Slice partially hidden behind the fence.

I believe that is Bobby Hurley standing up.