Rysheed vs Whitehead

• 44 replies
Rysheed vs Whitehead
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:13:45 PM »
Both have had their issues. Both looking toward NBA. Both have huge potential. Both will be the #1 option on offense. Both need to keep their head on their shoulders to improve.

Re: Rysheed vs Whitehead
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 01:40:21 PM »
Is this on the undercard for Saturday?

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »

I thought you vs medium shirt was?

wpc77

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »
Rysheed, because Whitehead will have less around him, leading to him forcing more shots and committing more turnovers

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »

:)  "Dirty South."

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »
Rysheed, because Whitehead will have less around him, leading to him forcing more shots and committing more turnovers

Do we have a better nucleus than Whithead, Delgado, Carrington and Desi?

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
I expect Rysheed to come up huge this season, whereas Whitehead always comes up Tiny.
"I drink and I know things"

DFF6

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:56:46 PM »

We will....

Wods317

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »
People complain about Rysheed being undisciplined. They should watch Whitehead. He forces a lot of shots. If he plays a team game he can be just as good as Jordan but right now I can say confidently Jordan is considerably better player.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »

Due to the influx of new players on our team and unfinished roster, so it remains to be seen.  As, of now you'd probably have to go with their core.

I have this keen feeling that Jordan is gonna come up big for us.  In the end, I think we'll have the better nucleus.  I'm still hoping we add Mussini and Papagiannis.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:03:42 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »
Whitehead will have a talented team around him next year.  Delgado should be a preseason first team All Big East.  I expect Desi to improve, and Carrington as well.  Plus the new contributors (freshman and transfer).  If they can play together, I think the Hall will be pretty good.  And I think Whitehead is the guy who has to put it all together. 

I thought Whitehead's freshman year was similar to Sheed's in that it showed flashes of brilliance with lots of ups and downs.  Sheed last year played terrific for the most part, IMO, the last 12-14 games.  I think Sheed will be better next year simply because he has one more year under his belt than Whitehead, who I also think will improve.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

:)  "Dirty South."
The album you might not know mj (and Baldi?) when it comes to the dirty south - DBT (Jason Isbell is turning out to be as fine a song writer as Patterson Hood)

The question is - will Whitehead change along with his underclassmen when it comes to playing team ball?

https://youtu.be/C3icBcr1_Tw
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:01:30 PM by bball purist »

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »
I almost certain whitehead has better numbers. I really think (hope) Jordan has the better season and wins more games.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »
I almost certain whitehead has better numbers. I really think (hope) Jordan has the better season and wins more games.
Both Rysheed and Whitehead need to improve their A/TO ratio, among a few other categories.  Jordan had a higher Offensive Rating last season according to StatSheet:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=rysheed-jordan&p1=isaiah-whitehead

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »
Both Rysheed and Whitehead need to improve their A/TO ratio, among a few other categories.  Jordan had a higher Offensive Rating last season according to StatSheet:

It depends on which numbers we use. I would bet anyone that Whithead will score more points. He will be allowed to take more shots, good and bad.

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 04:51:01 PM »

It depends on which numbers we use. I would bet anyone that Whithead will score more points. He will be allowed to take more shots, good and bad.
No argument on shots or PPG from me. Whitehead's efficiency rating will be lower than Rysheed.  I think Rysheed's going to be a better distributor and improve his A/TO ratio more - and win more.

redslope

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
I voted for Sheed predicated that he listens to Chris to improve his game.  We will know the first time he takes a FT.  Chris always kept his eyes on the basket, even when pulling up his shorts bottoms.  If Sheed gets rid of that silly neck twisting when he is on the line, we'll know he is listening to Chris.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 05:56:31 PM »
I voted for Sheed predicated that he listens to Chris to improve his game.  We will know the first time he takes a FT.  Chris always kept his eyes on the basket, even when pulling up his shorts bottoms.  If Sheed gets rid of that silly neck twisting when he is on the line, we'll know he is listening to Chris.
Doubt his neck twisting is a voluntary movement or controllable. IMHO and politely expressed, people need to refrain from making this an issue.

desco80

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 06:07:48 PM »
Whitehead.

Admitting Whitehead is a special player isn't a negative assessment of Jordan. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 06:30:30 PM »

Who the F cares about the neck twisting? 
"I drink and I know things"