Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
Lavin doesn't tend to miss on kids he really wants.  Jermaine  is priority no. 1 for SJU.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/28/jermaine-lawrence-is-close-to-being-unguardable/#more-72424

MCNPA

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »
Lavin doesn't tend to miss on kids he really wants.  Jermaine  is priority no. 1 for SJU.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/28/jermaine-lawrence-is-close-to-being-unguardable/#more-72424

As well he should be.  I don't think Lavin minds going into 2013 with only 1 or 2 ships if he can sign the kids he wants to this year.  Right now IMO, Lavin is in the driver's seat where he just has to close out this class with a big guy or two, but shortly after, focus goes to Lawrence and McCullough and a few other guys. 

desco80

« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:29 PM »
Is Lawrence 6'10 now??    That's what zags called him in that article.   

paultzman

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2012, 07:19:35 AM »

Moose doing measurements on all 2013, 2014 and 2015 kids today in the parking lot of Yankee Stadium.

PIB

« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2012, 08:25:25 AM »

Moose doing measurements on all 2013, 2014 and 2015 kids today in the parking lot of Yankee Stadium.

LOL

Hopefully Jermaine is influenced by Mo Hark. If Lawrence stays home and puts on for his boro, he will go to the league. How sweet would that be?

Hammer to rock. Lock him up, Lavin!

paultzman

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »

Sunday action

“@DanielJMartin_: Jermaine Lawrence three with under a minute left proves to be the game-winner. New RENs moves on, 60-59. #HGJamfest”

“@TheRecruitScoop: UConn, Hofstra, Rutgers & Temple's Fran Dunphy watching 2013 New Rens (NY) forwards Jermaine Lawrence & Kentan Facey play at #HGJamFest”

paultzman

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »
Anyone know much about Jason Hasson, Lawrence's new HS coach? He seems to be front and center in his recruitment. Zags noted he coached Tyreke Evans, not sure if that is good or bad. BTW, Self spending a lot of time looking at Jermaine. it would be nice to edge him out again and best the Cuse as well. Obviously, this kid is a huge recruit for us.

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »
Funny how we no longer quake in our boots when the big names show interest in the guys we are recuiting.  God bless Norm... But Hail to Lavin (and staff)!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:01:49 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2012, 10:51:57 PM »
Anyone know much about Jason Hasson, Lawrence's new HS coach? He seems to be front and center in his recruitment. Zags noted he coached Tyreke Evans, not sure if that is good or bad. BTW, Self spending a lot of time looking at Jermaine. it would be nice to edge him out again and best the Cuse as well. Obviously, this kid is a huge recruit for us.

He's a good dude. Spent a good amount of time with him in New Orleans at the Final Four.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »

As well he should be.  I don't think Lavin minds going into 2013 with only 1 or 2 ships if he can sign the kids he wants to this year.  Right now IMO, Lavin is in the driver's seat where he just has to close out this class with a big guy or two, but shortly after, focus goes to Lawrence and McCullough and a few other guys.

New toys are always great, but this is basketball, not nintendo.   Sophmores really are better than freshmen.  Just a fact.   I mean, I'm psyched to have Jakarr onboard, but I'd trade him in a heartbeat to have Moe back for his soph season, and worry about replacing Moe  (or in another sense, Jakarr) next year with a 2013 prospect.

What I'm saying is if we give out all the rides to kids we WANT this year, the worst case scenario is that we have go play with them all NEXT year when they're a season BETTER than they'll be this year - except for the one sure departure in the eligibility depleted Gift.  Extra rides next year would be nice, and some of the kids that might fill those rides look "pretty good".  But if we're "stuck" with a roster of 12 Sophs and Juniors with 2 and 3 years in the program for the 2014 season (assuming one of them is that elusive last Big we have yet to sign here in 2012), I've really got no problem with that.   They'll be other "pretty good"  kids in the 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes.  Now, if we were looking at top 10 ranked kids for next year - if a Jabari Parker or a Julius Randle, or an Andrew Harrison were interested, that's a different story - you ALWAYS take a top 10 talent.  But we've GOT top 30-100 talent and JC All Americans who are just going to improve with age and experience.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 02:15:38 AM by crgreen »

LJSA

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2012, 02:31:59 AM »
Now, if we were looking at top 10 ranked kids for next year - if a Jabari Parker or a Julius Randle, or an Andrew Harrison were interested, that's a different story - you ALWAYS take a top 10 talent.  But we've GOT top 30-100 talent and JC All Americans who are just going to improve with age and experience.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the thing about Lawrence is that he was underrated by Rivals, etc. to begin with, and eventually will jump to top 10 or close to it when all is said and done.

Plus the fact that he's local is why we all have him as a priority.

crgreen

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2012, 03:02:59 AM »
Now, if we were looking at top 10 ranked kids for next year - if a Jabari Parker or a Julius Randle, or an Andrew Harrison were interested, that's a different story - you ALWAYS take a top 10 talent.  But we've GOT top 30-100 talent and JC All Americans who are just going to improve with age and experience.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the thing about Lawrence is that he was underrated by Rivals, etc. to begin with, and eventually will jump to top 10 or close to it when all is said and done.

Plus the fact that he's local is why we all have him as a priority.

Sorry, wasn't clear. It was a general lament - not specific to one player only - I was assuming Lawrence gets the open Gift ride.

paultzman

« Reply #132 on: April 30, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »

He's a good dude. Spent a good amount of time with him in New Orleans at the Final Four.

Thx Dave, good to know. Heard you guys did a great job this weekend!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:56:19 AM by jumpinjohnny »

paultzman

« Reply #133 on: April 30, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »
Blowing up coast to coast!

“@DanielJMartin_: From @CBTonNBC: After Jermaine Lawrence's big weekend in Philly, word of his potential is spreading westward http://t.co/C5evecJc

paultzman

« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
Great summary with references to Lawrence, Whitehead and Facey. Like comment about Whitehead's mom wanting him perhaps to stay local. Tip of hat to Tony Chiles, so valuable!!!

“@AdamZagoria: Philly Hoop Group Jam Fest Recruiting Rundown: Here is a breakdown of the top performers from the event and their ... http://t.co/5m6SLXnB

Moose

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Great summary with references to Lawrence, Whitehead and Facey. Like comment about Whitehead's mom wanting him perhaps to stay local. Tip of hat to Tony Chiles, so valuable!!!

“@AdamZagoria: Philly Hoop Group Jam Fest Recruiting Rundown: Here is a breakdown of the top performers from the event and their ... http://t.co/5m6SLXnB

The Mom is definitely a factor keeping him local.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2012, 10:02:41 AM »

Also I never got confirmation on this or anything but is unsigned senior Andre Horne from Delaware related to Paris?

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »

Also I never got confirmation on this or anything but is unsigned senior Andre Horne from Delaware related to Paris?

Maybe a cousin or something but its not his brother

paultzman

« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »
Norm on the case!

“@TheRecruitScoop: Kansas & Florida have offered Jermaine Lawrence, a 2013 forward from New Rens (NY), per a source.”

Moose

« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »
Wonder what his Rens team will be doing this summer.  I don't know much about the Rens, just heard from some other knowledgable posters they were an old program that hit the skids and are now rebounding.