Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies

Marillac

Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
I asked before if this kid would end up at bigger school than Salisbury.  Same goes for AAU.  How long before he goes to bigger program?

He certainly should to get the most competition.  Time to head to a NEPSAC school like Brewster or South Kent now.  AAU-wise, I'm sure the same will happen. 

I thought Salisbury was NEPSAC.

It is...good sports, but not really basketball.

gonzalo

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2011, 01:32:24 AM »

Per Jeff Borzello

Florida, Rutgers, UConn and Syracuse all in a remote gym at 10 p.m. for Chris McCullough.

http://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/94633348802166784

MCNPA

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »
I asked before if this kid would end up at bigger school than Salisbury.  Same goes for AAU.  How long before he goes to bigger program?

He certainly should to get the most competition.  Time to head to a NEPSAC school like Brewster or South Kent now.  AAU-wise, I'm sure the same will happen. 

Salisbury is NEPSAC A.  The best bbal programs are in AAA for the most part I believe, with somemin AA.  Should have been clearer.

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2011, 02:13:14 AM »
The white kid on d in the beginning has the eye of the tiger.  Gotta love seeing that.  No wonder his team won it.

He shut down Omar Calhoun...held him to 2 points. Had to give him some love in the mix tape.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 05:02:39 AM »

Salisbury is NEPSAC A.  The best bbal programs are in AAA for the most part I believe, with somemin AA.  Should have been clearer.

In basketball they are A, but they are the highest class in football and can compete with the top schools in most other sports.  Some of the NEPSAC schools chose to sell their soulss for basketball. 

kob24

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »
he plays for team scan coached by my boy munch. i was with the kid a few weeks ago real cool. he is about 6'7 6'8. but now im hearing he grew again

kob24

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
team scan is the top aau program in ny right now

gman

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »
he plays for team scan coached by my boy munch. i was with the kid a few weeks ago real cool. he is about 6'7 6'8. but now im hearing he grew again

Does this kid have 10 ten/5 star potential like they are saying?

kob24

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »
yeah when he was at the st.johns camp that was the kid i was talking about.  he wasnt playing like this before plus he was smaller.  i had a conversation with him and asked him why he never played like this he said it just never clicked. well it has finally clicked he is probably gonna be top 25 by the end of the summer. he is from the same projects as dwight that is how he knows him. i think he is gonna stay at that school because its a quiet enviorment for him.

Moose

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »
team scan is the top aau program in ny right now

Appreciate the info KOB.  Never heard of them prior to Chris.  Who else do they have?  Are they an offshoot of another program.  Like were the people who run it previously Gauchos or something?
Remember who broke the Slice news

gman

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
yeah when he was at the st.johns camp that was the kid i was talking about.  he wasnt playing like this before plus he was smaller.  i had a conversation with him and asked him why he never played like this he said it just never clicked. well it has finally clicked he is probably gonna be top 25 by the end of the summer. he is from the same projects as dwight that is how he knows him. i think he is gonna stay at that school because its a quiet enviorment for him.

Thanks KOB.  Glad to hear he knows Dwight too.  Would be awesome to land the kid nice and early. 

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2011, 01:35:05 PM »

Do you think being at the camp around our staff played any part in it finally clicking for him ?

Marillac

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »
It seems the talent is so spread out right now in NYC AAU ball.  Remember when the top kids just played for one of three programs?

kob24

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
nah scan is actually a city runned program. they have been around for a while. they just branched off into aau the past 5 years. the 14u just finished 10th at nationals. lav is recruiting the point guard from that team. danny green younger brother and allan rays younger brother also plays for that team. the 15u team which chris plays on also has a point guard named conrad who is a mid to high major player.

Moose

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
nah scan is actually a city runned program. they have been around for a while. they just branched off into aau the past 5 years. the 14u just finished 10th at nationals. lav is recruiting the point guard from that team. danny green younger brother and allan rays younger brother also plays for that team. the 15u team which chris plays on also has a point guard named conrad who is a mid to high major player.

Great stuff!
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2011, 12:34:42 AM »
Per Evan Daniels....

Chris McCullough is a monster. 2014 PF out of New York. You can book him for five-star status when we unveil our 2014 rankings.

http://twitter.com/#!/EvanDanielscout/status/94916120666058754

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2011, 12:37:14 AM »
Per Eric Bossi (Rivals)....

This really isn't fair at all. McCullough like 9 levels above the rest these kids in 15 u.

http://twitter.com/#!/ebosshoops/status/94909376443326465

gman

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »
Wow, the press this kid getting is huge.  He has to be #1 priority for 2014

MCNPA

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
Wow, the press this kid getting is huge.  He has to be #1 priority for 2014

Isn't it good to know that he's already walking around wearing SJU shirts?  Kid looks like he'll be at or near the top of the PF/C's in 2014 thus far...

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
From Scout.com.  Looks like The Mayor and Matt A really making a big push on city kids:

Chris McCullough, PF, Team Scan – One of the best prospects I saw all day was this youngster out of Salisbury (Conn.) School. His match up with Team Detroit was borderline unfair, as the 6-foot-8 forward raced up and down the floor, showed his impressive athleticism and scored it with dunks in the paint. Although he didn’t shoot any jumpers, his free throw stroke looks good. McCullough has the look of an elite level prospect in the 2014 class.

Chris McCullough mentioned Georgetown, Syracuse, St. John's, Florida, Iowa State, Providence, Temple, Villanova and Connecticut. He's planning unofficial visits to Iowa State and St. John's in August.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1088789.html