Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA - DEPAUL

• 915 replies
Re: Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA
« Reply #840 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:58 PM »
Right out my back door. Will make a point to check him out. Palm Beach had 2 move on to Div 1 last year. Will see where it all shakes out come November.

« Reply #841 on: August 16, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
Right out my back door. Will make a point to check him out. Palm Beach had 2 move on to Div 1 last year. Will see where it all shakes out come November.
Great! from the little we've seen of this kid he loves to attack

NYCoffey

« Reply #842 on: August 31, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
3d 

Darrick Alan Wood II  @DarrickWood   

And the recruiting process! Starts all OVER!

?View details ?· ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ?

paultzman

« Reply #843 on: August 31, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
3d

Darrick Alan Wood II  @DarrickWood   

Ship has sailed

Chilleb

« Reply #844 on: August 31, 2012, 04:53:13 PM »
3d

Darrick Alan Wood II  @DarrickWood   

Ship has sailed
Or maybe he's referring to the new schools that may be attracted to him once he plays juco.. No?

« Reply #845 on: August 31, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
do not waste anymore time on this kid.

NYCoffey

« Reply #846 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
We have no idea what we'll be looking for in 2014. Right now its McCollough but we all know we could have more ships available in 2 years. He was good enough for us now. I would think he'll be even better in 2 years,

paultzman

« Reply #847 on: August 31, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »
do not waste anymore time on this kid.

Agree. If he's there and we need him, fine, but not losing sleep over him. He has had his chances.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:18:58 PM by paultzman »

LJSA

« Reply #848 on: August 31, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »
In his defense, if he never received assurances that he'd be in the plans two years from now he does need to cover his own ass and open things up regarding his recruitment. But I have mentioned before that finding another Wood would be easier than finding another Chandler. I hope we stay in MC's plans.

desco80

« Reply #849 on: September 01, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
In his defense, if he never received assurances that he'd be in the plans two years from now he does need to cover his own ass and open things up regarding his recruitment. But I have mentioned before that finding another Wood would be easier than finding another Chandler. I hope we stay in MC's plans.

Agree completely.   Unfortunately I think we won't be the only team that stays in touch.    At one point wasn't he committed to like 4 other places?   Indiana, Lousiville, Xavier, UCF ?    I'm guessing a number of assistants will check up on MC from time to time.   Hopefully Tony is one of them. 

MCNPA

« Reply #850 on: September 01, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »

We have, can and will continue to find players as good or better than both of them.  Look at how we're recruiting.  No harm in keeps tabs and some dialogue, but nobody will lose sleep as we move on to 2013/14 classes without them at the forefront.

desco80

« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2012, 04:01:04 PM »

We have, can and will continue to find players as good or better than both of them.  Look at how we're recruiting.  No harm in keeps tabs and some dialogue, but nobody will lose sleep as we move on to 2013/14 classes without them at the forefront.

I must have missed the center we found that was better than Chandler.    Big men don't grow on trees,  I would keep him towards the top of the 2013/14 wish list. 

MCNPA

« Reply #852 on: September 03, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »

I must have missed the center we found that was better than Chandler.    Big men don't grow on trees,  I would keep him towards the top of the 2013/14 wish list.

Obekpa is top 60 center too and I'm sure there will be more.

« Reply #853 on: October 02, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »
This guy is going to be 30yo by the time he is elgible... ;)

Moose

« Reply #854 on: October 02, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
This guy is going to be 30yo by the time he is elgible... ;)

Why do you say that? 
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #855 on: October 03, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »
It will be good to see Chandler back playing, hope we stay in touch with him. He is an impact 5 and will be playing in the NBA one day if he keeps in shape and progresses. 

sju89tr

« Reply #856 on: October 03, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
As for Wood, nice player but there are so many kids like him each year. It's time for both sides to move on.

« Reply #857 on: October 03, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
Hey Moose,

1. Much respect for the information you provide. 2. The kid was originally supposed to be part of the 2012 class. Then the 2013 class. Now he is classified for 2014. I don't think he will be literally 30yo, but I exagerated to make a point.

All the best and hope to meet you guys someday at a pregame at Stoudt, owned by SJU alum Marty Whelan who is also a Chaminade alum.

Moose

« Reply #858 on: October 03, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
Hey Moose,

1. Much respect for the information you provide. 2. The kid was originally supposed to be part of the 2012 class. Then the 2013 class. Now he is classified for 2014. I don't think he will be literally 30yo, but I exagerated to make a point.

All the best and hope to meet you guys someday at a pregame at Stoudt, owned by SJU alum Marty Whelan who is also a Chaminade alum.

He was never '13.  Always been '12 and now he's doing JUCO so tack on two.  I just don't see him as option down the road because we will have bigger fish to fry in '14.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #859 on: December 10, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
FWIW, I noticed he is no longer listed on Palm Beach CC roster. Not looking good for this kid.