Karl Towns - PF - St. Joes Metuchen - Piscataway, NJ - KENTUCKY

• 57 replies

NYCoffey

Karl Towns - PF - St. Joes Metuchen - Piscataway, NJ - KENTUCKY
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:46:01 AM »
Karl Towns, a 2015 combo forward from St. Joe’s Metuchen, is considering UConn, Kentucky, Florida, St. John’s, Baylor, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Cincinnati, Syracuse, Louisville and more.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:50:30 AM by kjd01067 »

Moose

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:52:34 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

NYCoffey

Re: Karl Towns - PF - St. Joes Metuchen - Piscataway, NJ
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:35 PM »
I think we are also on Briscoes list but we are probably one of the "and others".

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:34:32 PM »
Towns is a big time talent. He's still growing and has improved so much even just from the summer.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
Towns is a big time talent. He's still growing and has improved so much even just from the summer.

Whats his game like?

Moose

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

There was talk he was older than his grade.  Yes? No?

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »
Does anyone know if we are involved with any recruits in the clas of 2022? ::)

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »

When I have kids i'll make sure St. Johns is on their list

NYCoffey

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 04:33:22 PM »
http://connecticut.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1309146&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I'm to cheap to read the article but maybe someone can let us know the basics.

Moose

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
http://connecticut.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1309146&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I'm to cheap to read the article but maybe someone can let us know the basics.

Obvious Uconn slant but we are also listed among the schools-

One school that is standing out to the Piscatiway native is UConn. "They are recruiting me hard," he said. "UConn may be recruiting me the hardest even though its early. I really like what they do with their big man and their success in getting to the NBA."

While Jim Calhoun's successful bigs like Hasheem Thabeet and Emeka Okafor have different styles of play than Towns, it is still very interesting to see what he could do at the next level. Towns currently compares to a less guard oriented Anthony Davis, a freshman star at Kentucky, who can shoot much better. As he continues to grow, look for more attention to come his way, if that is even possible.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:46:21 PM by Moose »

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 12:10:39 AM »

There was talk he was older than his grade.  Yes? No?

He looks like a baby.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »

Kid is in high school. I'm a little confused of your sarcasm

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »

Whats his game like?

He's multi talented. Has deep range and good perimeter skills for a guy his size. He can face up and bang down low. He's young, he takes some bad shots, hangs on the perimeter too much but he'll figure things out with age and more experience.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 12:30:57 AM »

Whats his game like?

He's multi talented. Has deep range and good perimeter skills for a guy his size. He can face up and bang down low. He's young, he takes some bad shots, hangs on the perimeter too much but he'll figure things out with age and more experience.

Thanks, I always take that as a major positive that a guy with that size at that age has good perimeter skills. Will be fun to watch him progress

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »

Kid is in high school. I'm a little confused of your sarcasm
:)
2015 is a long way off. just a little levity.

NYCoffey

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
The day started out with Temple bound Quenton DeCosey and freshman sensation Karl Towns defeating hot unsigned senior Chris Obekpa and 2016 sensation Devonte Green by a score of 67-61. Despite Towns’ youth – along with some questioning his big man skills – he managed to handle a wise, experienced and stronger Obekpa who got the best of his at times.

At 6-foot-10, Karl Towns may end up being the anchor of the class of 2015. The Piscataway native has made a name for himself with his play on the court, as well as his other accomplishments. Towns boasts a 4.0 GPA and is the president of his class at Metuchen. Practically every college in America is after him, too, according to his father. Towns rattled off a list of, “Villanova, Syracuse, Iowa, Rutgers, Louisville, Seton Hall, Michigan State, Baylor, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Xavier, West Virginia, St. John’s, Miami and more.” Towns has been on the campuses of Kentucky, Seton Hall, St. John’s, West Virginia, Villanova and Rutgers. With many offers coming in, and more visits to come in the summer, Towns could decide early. “A college decision will come during his second or third year of high school,” she said. Until then, Towns plans on playing for his school’s golf team this spring.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/2012-primetime-shootout-recruiting-rundown

Moose

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
The day started out with Temple bound Quenton DeCosey and freshman sensation Karl Towns defeating hot unsigned senior Chris Obekpa and 2016 sensation Devonte Green by a score of 67-61. Despite Towns’ youth – along with some questioning his big man skills – he managed to handle a wise, experienced and stronger Obekpa who got the best of his at times.

At 6-foot-10, Karl Towns may end up being the anchor of the class of 2015. The Piscataway native has made a name for himself with his play on the court, as well as his other accomplishments. Towns boasts a 4.0 GPA and is the president of his class at Metuchen. Practically every college in America is after him, too, according to his father. Towns rattled off a list of, “Villanova, Syracuse, Iowa, Rutgers, Louisville, Seton Hall, Michigan State, Baylor, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Florida, Kentucky, Xavier, West Virginia, St. John’s, Miami and more.” Towns has been on the campuses of Kentucky, Seton Hall, St. John’s, West Virginia, Villanova and Rutgers. With many offers coming in, and more visits to come in the summer, Towns could decide early. “A college decision will come during his second or third year of high school,” she said. Until then, Towns plans on playing for his school’s golf team this spring.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/2012-primetime-shootout-recruiting-rundown

Maybe we can have Keegan Bradley talk to him?

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: Georgetown will have Sports U (NJ) duo Karl Towns, a 2015 forward, & Wade Baldwin, a 2014 PG, on campus this weekend.”

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »
I think this kid might be 6'10 now. Jeez he's going to be monster.