Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA

• 243 replies

Wods317

Re: Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2018, 10:15:40 AM »
Chose Nevada

It’s amazing what a little on court success can do for recruiting. This year is so crucial for us.

goredmen

« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
Chose Nevada

It’s amazing what a little on court success can do for recruiting. This year is so crucial for us.

Starting to think it's more than just a little on court success that is convincing these guys to go to Nevada

QuanMan

« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
Chose Nevada

Starting to think it's more than just a little on court success that is convincing these guys to go to Nevada

Eric Musselmann is arguably the hottest young coaching prospect in the country, leading Nevada to a 81-28 (.743) record over his first 3 years there. How about that for a reason?

(According to University of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, "Eric is one of the best in our sport. Extremely driven and knowledgeable. I've watched and coached against him in the NBA and FIBA games. He has an uncanny feel for the game, and ability to read where the game is at. More importantly, is his ability to motivate and teach his players what it takes to improve and win. He is as good as it gets.)
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2018, 12:44:50 PM »
Chose Nevada

Eric Musselmann is arguably the hottest young coaching prospect in the country, leading Nevada to a 81-28 (.743) record over his first 3 years there. How about that for a reason?

(According to University of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, "Eric is one of the best in our sport. Extremely driven and knowledgeable. I've watched and coached against him in the NBA and FIBA games. He has an uncanny feel for the game, and ability to read where the game is at. More importantly, is his ability to motivate and teach his players what it takes to improve and win. He is as good as it gets.)

Maybe he is doing everything on the up and up (but that's highly doubtful because no program that gets any type of decent players does everything 100% by the book). This is starting to feel like Baylor when Scott Drew first got there. To me it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck

QuanMan

« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
Chose Nevada

Maybe he is doing everything on the up and up (but that's highly doubtful because no program that gets any type of decent players does everything 100% by the book). This is starting to feel like Baylor when Scott Drew first got there. To me it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck

Quite the assumption, winning and Sweet16 appearances attract talent as well.

https://twitter.com/DanyelleSargent/status/994940912399667206
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:52:12 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »
Chose Nevada

https://twitter.com/DanyelleSargent/status/994940912399667206
If you have been a fan of St. john's for the past 25 years may be hard to recognize what good coaching is.

goredmen

« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »
Chose Nevada

I think most people that really know how recruiting works would say it's not a stretch assumption at all. He got the Martin twins to transfer there before he even made an NCAA tournament, and they had plenty of power conference teams after them.

I'm just saying that to me it smells fishy. Like Baylor has for the past 10 years and like Auburn has since Pearl got there. Obviously nothing will ever come of it and Muss will probably be at UCLA in the next year or so

« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2018, 01:11:40 PM »
Chose Nevada

I think most people that really know how recruiting works would say it's not a stretch assumption at all. He got the Martin twins to transfer there before he even made an NCAA tournament, and they had plenty of power conference teams after them.

I'm just saying that to me it smells fishy. Like Baylor has for the past 10 years and like Auburn has since Pearl got there. Obviously nothing will ever come of it and Muss will probably be at UCLA in the next year or so

His list was odd to begin with.  No blue blood high major programs except for UCLA, and they got Moses Brown and Shareef O'Neal (so that essentially eliminated them), and Arizona and they came in late and still have the FBI thing overhanging.   Imean Cal, SJU, Nevada, Louisiana-Lafayette etc. 

When you think about it that way Nevada doesn't sound that outrageous.

goredmen

« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2018, 01:21:53 PM »
Chose Nevada

His list was odd to begin with.  No blue blood high major programs except for UCLA, and they got Moses Brown and Shareef O'Neal (so that essentially eliminated them), and Arizona and they came in late and still have the FBI thing overhanging.   Imean Cal, SJU, Nevada, Louisiana-Lafayette etc. 

I'm not necessarily saying that Jordan Brown committing to Nevada is the smoking gun or anything, but Nevada has been landing a good amount of top end recruits and elite transfers from all over the country since Muss got there and before they reached this level of success

Foad

« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
Chose Nevada

I'm not necessarily saying that Jordan Brown committing to Nevada is the smoking gun or anything, but Nevada has been landing a good amount of top end recruits and elite transfers from all over the country since Muss got there and before they reached this level of success

What happens in Vega$ stays in Vega$.

« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
Chose Nevada

What happens in Vega$ stays in Vega$.

Nevada has found a way to pay players that are good. St. John's is still paying bottom feeders

Foad

« Reply #231 on: May 11, 2018, 09:00:13 PM »
Nevada has found a way to pay players that are good. St. John's is still paying bottom feeders

Name the players SJU is paying and tell us how you know they're being paid and how they're being paid and how much. Otherwise I'll be forced to conclude that you're a liar.

« Reply #232 on: May 11, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »

Name the players SJU is paying and tell us how you know they're being paid and how they're being paid and how much. Otherwise I'll be forced to conclude that you're a liar.

Ive been called worse by worse people. 

Johnny23

« Reply #233 on: May 11, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
Musselman has done a great job turning Nevada into a top 25 program after only a short time there with no real bball history. Mullin needs to pay attention.

Foad

« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2018, 08:48:43 AM »

Ive been called worse by worse people. 

Probably you meant better people, huh.

You're accusing the staff and student athletes of criminal activity. It's not the same as your dopey Magic 8-Baldi Ponds is transferring to Arizona trolling. Accusing the players of committing felonies is serious. It's at the very least libelous and if you know it to be true and you don't report it to the authorities you yourself are arguably committing a federal crime:

"Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

So it would be nice if you clarified your statement. Unless it's your usual completely made up bullshit, in which case nevermind.

« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2018, 01:16:58 AM »
Just because Nevada has been landing top talents and saying they could be cheating is ridiculous. I bet if St. Johns landed him so many people would be like what the hell? How on earth did they land this guy, they are def doing shady stuff. Nevada has been winning and players seem to like Musselman.

« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
Just because Nevada has been landing top talents and saying they could be cheating is ridiculous. I bet if St. Johns landed him so many people would be like what the hell? How on earth did they land this guy, they are def doing shady stuff. Nevada has been winning and players seem to like Musselman.

Get to the tournament and the talent will come

Moose

« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2018, 10:17:18 AM »

Exactly
Remember who broke the Slice news

redslope

« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »

Exactly

Spot on--Nevada is in Reno which is a nice town; it is near his home ( about 2 hours by car); and most important is he has seen what it did for the Martin twins with a forward oriented offense which suits his game.

goredmen

« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »

I most certainly was thinking that when Lavin was landing the caliber of players he was especially beating other programs I’m convinced are cheating. And for the record I don’t think it’s bad thing. Everybody at that level does it. Some more than other. Have to do it if you want to win