Cormac Ryan, G, Milton Academy

• 20 replies
Cormac Ryan, G, Milton Academy
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:08:25 AM »
Magic & Milton Academy 6'5 2018 guard Cormac Ryan received a scholarship offer from St. John's! #sjubb #MagicFamily

Re: Cormac Ryan, G, Milton Academy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 12:28:06 AM »

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 08:26:51 AM »
Never heard of the kid, but he looks impressive...Billy Donovan would have been all over him if he was still at Florida.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 08:43:30 AM »
Kid has got a lot on academically elite schools on him including multiple Ivy's and Stanford.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:53:37 AM »

Kid has got a lot on academically elite schools on him including multiple Ivy's and Stanford.

Yeah super, super smart kid.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 12:02:42 PM »
Think he'd have culture shock coming from a 40K/yr boarding school in affluent Boston community to Jamaica campus.

Probably a 0% chance unless he fell in love with Mullin (and parents did too)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:04:22 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 03:55:51 PM »
Kid has Stanford, Duke or ND written all over him. 

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »
Kid has Stanford, Duke or ND written all over him. 

Must be a honkey

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »
Looks like Adam Morrison and we all saw what he did in the NCAA.  Sign me up!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:02:16 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 01:53:58 PM »
"Pistol"!!

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 04:00:53 PM »
"Pistol"!!

My first thought, but it's just not fair to put that near anyone!

Johnny23

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 06:19:09 PM »
Michigan Basketball Recruiting: Cormac Ryan One To Watch Closely 

By: Chris Balas | Senior Editor

Not everyone has heard of Milton, Mass., Academy and Middlesex Magic AAU guard Cormac Ryan – yet. But several coaches, including Michigan’s, have made the 2018, rising junior one of their priorities.

Ryan, a shooting guard/wing, has earned offers from many after averaging 21 points per game at Milton Academy. Head coach Lamar Reddicks said he knew he had a good player last fall – it wasn’t until January that he realized Ryan could be special.

“There was a stretch when I said, ‘this kid is good,’” Reddicks said with a laugh. “It was a couple games back to back where I don’t think the ball even touched the rim. That was a groove like no other.

“The best thing he does is shoots it, and he’s such a competitor. He needs to cover the best player on the other team. He elevates his game and is totally locked in to making sure his opponent doesn't have a great day. I love that about him. With him, he wants that challenge every game. He handles the ball well, is a combo guard though he thinks of himself more as a point guard. He has good vision, instincts, blocks shots, steals the ball. He’s just a very good player.”

He’s also a great student, Middlesex Magic AAU coach Mike Crotty Jr. said. Crotty is familiar with what Michigan is looking for in a player, having sent one of his former players – Duncan Robinson – to U-M indirectly through Division III Williams College. He was in the crowd when Robinson went off for 19 points against Maryland in Ann Arbor and sees similarities between Robinson and Ryan, especially when it comes to shooting.

“He’s been phenomenal [this spring],” Crotty said. “He plays up with our junior group, and he’s our heartbeat, makes the engine go. He plays one, plays two, defends the best wing, rebounds the ball. There’s no one way to describe him other than he’s a complete basketball player. Everybody needs to continue to work to get better and improve, but there’s not an area in his skill set where he struggles. He can handle it, shoot it, really rebound. He’s a terrific athlete – a special player.”

Crotty and Michigan head coach John Beilein are friends and talk often. When he has a player he thinks fits what Beilein’s looking for, Crotty said, he lets him know.

“We talk all the time … how’s the team looking, things like that,” Crotty said. “It’s not every year you’re going to have a kid Michigan will recruit. I told him, ‘we’ve got a guy.’ I said it to Duncan first, after the season spoke to coach Beilein, and I won’t forget it. I said, ‘great - I’ll send you four minutes of film,’ and he said he’d call back in a few days before he got off the phone. He called me about 11 minutes later.

“Cormac does have a unique interest in Michigan, too. He’s really smart; his family values education, and he wants to play basketball at the highest level.”

Virginia and Tony Bennett came to watch him, while Stanford, Northwestern and Notre Dame are also fits.

“Harvard and Yale are recruiting him, Davidson has offered, Rice, Boston College … he’s got all the Ivy League schools and Boston College,” Crotty said. “Rice and Duquesne have offered. Then you step up to the next list … Michigan Northwestern, Notre Dame, Stanford and Virginia.

“Michigan blends the highest level of education and basketball.”

Ryan will visit August 6 for the College Practice Camp, at which point he’ll get the tour, and – very likely – a Michigan offer.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 08:55:54 AM »
He does seem like the perfect John Beilein player.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
Hopefully he is a fan of Mullin

QuanMan

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »
He can really get to the rack and finish, also create space off the dribble, love his tenacity. I hope the staff competes for him but I'm hoping they pursue Isaiah Washington 17' hard this July. We'd be locked up at 1/2 w Moose, Shamorie, Marcus, Malik and a 2017 guard.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »
He can really get to the rack and finish, also create space off the dribble, love his tenacity. I hope the staff competes for him but I'm hoping they pursue Isaiah Washington 17' hard this July. We'd be locked up at 1/2 w Moose, Shamorie, Marcus, Malik and a 2017 guard.

Don't forget about Simon. Hoping he will be a real shot in the arm and we might finally have a real rotation with options and different looks out there.

QuanMan

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »

Don't forget about Simon. Hoping he will be a real shot in the arm and we might finally have a real rotation with options and different looks out there.

Forgot about Simon thanks, we're going to be stacked at guard come 2017. It'd be glutenous but I'd love to compliment Shamorie and Marcus w another city general in Washington 17' Quinerly 18' or Nowell 18' over these next couple of years.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:02:44 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

SJU79

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »
Hes 100% not coming

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 02:51:52 PM »
Hes 100% not coming
Thank you -Rationality is often not appreciated

cjfish

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:39 PM »
Nice looking quick release on the jumper.  Too bad he is a good student and probably wants good academics....that eliminates SJU unless he is interested in Wall street and NYC.  If so, Columbia and Fordham would be better fits.  Someone is dreaming.