Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE

• 135 replies

paultzman

Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »
Per Pat Lawless
Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 Big Man playing for Team Rio (NJ), will have an in-home visit with Oregon Head Coach Dana Altman and assistant coach Mike Mennenga on Tuesday.

goredmen

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »
Per Pat Lawless
Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 Big Man playing for Team Rio (NJ), will have an in-home visit with Oregon Head Coach Dana Altman and assistant coach Mike Mennenga on Tuesday.

$$$

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2018, 10:55:20 PM »
@Andrew__Slater
Following Following @Andrew__Slater
Florida just offered Aidan Igiehon’19 @Big_harris22 of @teamrionational #Gators

MCNPA

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »
Yeah I don’t have confidence here.  Anybody visiting schools like Oregon, Baylor and quite a few others are red flags...

goredmen

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 08:12:33 PM »
https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/910900

Doesn't sound promising. Not listed among the 4 supposedly recruiting him the hardest and that last quote makes me think he's waiting for a particular blue blood.

“I’m going to wait and focus on AAU stuff for a little bit,” said Igiehon. “I’m probably trying to cut it to a top ten, but I’m waiting to see if a couple of schools will offer and then I’ll go from there.”

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »
Tough get, stay on him because things may change.

Interesting that 3 are PAC 12 schools.  There are plenty of eastern schools that would love to have him, sure sounds like he has an affinity for the left coast.

MCNPA

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2018, 09:00:43 PM »
Tough get, stay on him because things may change.

Interesting that 3 are PAC 12 schools.  There are plenty of eastern schools that would love to have him, sure sounds like he has an affinity for the left coast.

I’d be more than happy with Kofi if we can land him.   Big strong bull inside.  Hard to stop. Igeon will go to to a blue blood. 

paultzman

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »
Stanford in great shape I believe. Academia are very important to him. FYI Aidan handles own recruiting free of handlers.

goredmen

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »
Let me preface this by saying this is not necessarily a shot at the staff and I understand there is a long way to go but the once potential of a great 19 class is now looking like Cockburn or bust.

Seems like we have no longer have a shot at Lewis + Precious and now looking more like we are long shots at best for Aidan and Whitney. Know the perception is that we are in good shape with Kofi but now Kansas is involved and we know optimism with these isn't often rewarded.

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2018, 09:53:22 PM »
Let me preface this by saying this is not necessarily a shot at the staff and I understand there is a long way to go but the once potential of a great 19 class is now looking like Cockburn or bust.

Seems like we have no longer have a shot at Lewis + Precious and now looking more like we are long shots at best for Aidan and Whitney. Know the perception is that we are in good shape with Kofi but now Kansas is involved and we know optimism with these isn't often rewarded.

Other names will emerge. 

The key will be what will the staff look like come July.

ras

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2018, 09:55:18 PM »
That’s one thing good about getting the transfers, takes some pressure off the 19 class.

goredmen

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »

Other names will emerge. 

The key will be what will the staff look like come July.

Yeah, it's still early I suppose but not easy for a program like this to pick off a highly ranked kid after getting in the game late with him. But it is college basketball after all and crazier things have happened. Hopefully Mullin is willing to get creative with his staff to give himself a leg up on a game changing prospect

goredmen

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2018, 10:08:23 PM »
That’s one thing good about getting the transfers, takes some pressure off the 19 class.

Agree, at least this staff has the potential to overcome striking out on all the top HS prospects by acquiring talent elsewhere

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »

That's a trap and a bit miskeading.  Getting transfers does not necessarily take pressure off of the talent level is not the same.

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »
Getting transfers is fine and dandy but we definitely need to hit on some of these top 150 high school prospects at some point. It seems to be the same story over and over. We are in good shape with guys and as time goes on we put all of our eggs in one basket and come up empty handed. I really hope this changes for the 2019 class because we have been hearing every class will be the most important and nothing seems to come to fruition.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:37:42 AM by Aknel79 »

MCNPA

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:02 PM »

That's a trap and a bit miskeading.  Getting transfers does not necessarily take pressure off of the talent level is not the same.

Not always the case... lots of these kids were the same level or better out of Hs, and most weren’t abject failures...  most were just under-utilized.  Some didn’t play as well as their billing, but not always their faukt either, which is why it takes some scouting.  Truth is that much if the time it isn’t like we are getting players that are much worse than their top 100 ranking and some may be better with a different coach/team etc.  would definitely love some high star freshmen, but doesn’t seem we are landing slouches...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 11:27:42 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
Saw him for first time this weekend. He looks the part. Need to watch some more next weekend but he's a beast.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

ras

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2018, 11:44:40 PM »
That’s one thing good about getting the transfers, takes sometime  pressure off the 19 class.

Clark and Simon worked out well. Have to mix transfers w top 150 Hs recruits like Aknel  said.

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2018, 11:45:28 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille
In addition to Chris Ledlum, St Johns also hosting top target Aidan Igiehon today, per source. Kofi Cockburn tomorrow.