Season Ticket Prices

• 41 replies
Season Ticket Prices
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »
Season ticket prices just jumped dramatically and require a Red-White donation as well.  Also any Red-White donations prior to 6/1 (i.e. the time immediately following the Anderson hire) will not count toward this requirement. 

I've had 2 tickets for many years, but not renewing now as the value just isn't there.  You're better off running to StubHub and buying from the poor souls that paid these exorbitant prices for season tickets.

new pricing here: https://redstormsports.com/documents/2019/8/5/19_20_MSG_CA_Seating_Chart.pdf?camefrom=EMCL_3010077_144093330
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:04:02 AM by apesNapes »

TONYD3

Re: Season Ticket Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
The AD said prices were going up more games at the garden. I haven’t had season tickets in a few years. Prices are really high.  If I were buying one ticket I would get it. Expensive for me to buy 2.
Next year UCONN will be on our schedule.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »
Not a great time to be raising prices and requiring a donation what with basically a last place finish predicted.

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:40:54 AM »
+1

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 10:14:42 AM »
Not a great time to be raising prices and requiring a donation what with basically a last place finish predicted.

They should not be raising prices like this, but I tell you if the injury bug does not hit us this team is going to the tournament. At worst NIT. We have a real coach and some solid players returning and enough depth that will be used properly.

TONYD3

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »
They should not be raising prices like this, but I tell you if the injury bug does not hit us this team is going to the tournament. At worst NIT. We have a real coach and some solid players returning and enough depth that will be used properly.
Agree with that. This new big east is much more realistic conference for us. As much as I hate Chris Mullin, plenty of fans came out to see him.
I think the home schedule will be better this year. Still not good enough to justify these prices.
I believe in the AD, think he made a mistake. As excited as I am for Tuesday night game vs Creighton. My friends and family could care less.

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 01:05:46 AM »
As much as I hate Chris Mullin
I never would have believed that I would one day read these words on a St. John's fansite.  Sounds like what you would read on a Hoya site.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:09 AM »
I never would have believed that I would one day read these words on a St. John's fansite.  Sounds like what you would read on a Hoya site.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves.
Carmine I feel the same way about you and the rest of your cult. 2 lazy part time hall of famers is definitely worse the 1. Great thing that we don’t have any now. Very excited for a hard working, experienced, real coaching staff that will take this job seriously.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 01:37:04 PM »
Carmine I feel the same way about you and the rest of your cult. 2 lazy part time hall of famers is definitely worse the 1. Great thing that we don’t have any now. Very excited for a hard working, experienced, real coaching staff that will take this job seriously.

Spot on. Mullin and Mitch were lazy, lazy about what their core responsibilities were. Matt A and St Jean worked and had passion, too bad for them they had to carry everyone elses @sses. And, now we have professionals who take their coaching responsibilities seriously.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 02:28:21 PM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
If Bobby's goal with Mullin was to just generate more money into the school, it worked great. Lots of sellouts, alumni dough flowed in for sure. But if it was to build a consistent winner, Mullin was not the right choice. Cannot be bringing in people with no coaching experience as head coach and if you do, they better have an experienced A+ staff around them. I would have kept St. Jean and Matt, but also brought in a couple big time- Slice we had and a big time Xs and Os guy. That should have been the move if we were going Mullin.

To be honest, with the many years of Patrick Ewing's coaching experience in the NBA he would have been a better fit and of course my top choice Marc Jackson if we wanted to go the celebrity route. But now that the Mullin era is over I think we have a good coach in Anderson and a good staff. This team will work and this team will win. And it will be a consistent thing.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »
Carmine I feel the same way about you and the rest of your cult. 
Supporting Chris Mullin is not a cult. It's called being a St. John's University basketball fan.  Try it some time.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
2 lazy part time hall of famers is definitely worse the 1. Great thing that we don’t have any now. Very excited for a hard working, experienced, real coaching staff that will take this job seriously.
Ok. So the legend inherited a much, much, MUCH worse team than the Razorback did and he turned it into an Ncaa team in year 4.

Do you expect Anderson to dance this year? How bout next? If he doesn't make the Ncaa tournament next year will we all acknowledge how tough it is to win here and cut Chris some slack?

What happens if, g*d forbid, year three isn't the charm for the new coach?

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 02:00:57 AM »
Outside of getting a consistent seat I can't see financial benefits to getting season tickets especially when in the middle of the year they'll run a ton of promos for buy 1 get 1 or $5 tickets for this or that. It's like selling .99 slices but charging $16 for the pie.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

QuanMan

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 03:40:54 PM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:01:22 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 12:27:53 PM »
Ok. So the legend inherited a much, much, MUCH worse team than the Razorback did and he turned it into an Ncaa team in year 4.

Do you expect Anderson to dance this year? How bout next? If he doesn't make the Ncaa tournament next year will we all acknowledge how tough it is to win here and cut Chris some slack?

What happens if, g*d forbid, year three isn't the charm for the new coach?
Don’t know how to respond because what you are saying and what you have said isn’t true. I, like every St. John’s fan wanted to love mullin. I hated him almost immediately. Just by watching him. I was the first one on any site to post anything negative about him. It was OBVIOUS from St. Thomas that he didn’t have a clue what he was doing and worse he didn’t want a clue. Greg St. Jean coaching?
I think mike Anderson will do his best. He will certainly be in charge. I think we have a chance at the tournament this year and every year.
Culture and defense first. Not trust the process and get good players.

I am also happy that I never have to see Marvin Clarke take another bad shot or foul someone again. I am happy I never have to see ponds go through the motions. I am happy that I won’t hear our head coach’s only half time adjustment be shut the fxck up or fxck you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:37:54 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 01:55:21 PM »
Don’t know how to respond because what you are saying and what you have said isn’t true. I, like every St. John’s fan wanted to love mullin. I hated him almost immediately. Just by watching him. I was the first one on any site to post anything negative about him. It was OBVIOUS from St. Thomas that he didn’t have a clue what he was doing and worse he didn’t want a clue. Greg St. Jean coaching?
I think mike Anderson will do his best. He will certainly be in charge. I think we have a chance at the tournament this year and every year.
Culture and defense first. Not trust the process and get good players.

I am also happy that I never have to see Marvin Clarke take another bad shot or foul someone again. I am happy I never have to see ponds go through the motions. I am happy that I won’t hear our head coach’s only half time adjustment be shut the fxck up or fxck you.

You're just a miserable loser that shouldn't even be in this thread cuz your cheap ass doesn't even go to games. Go cry in front of your tube.

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:33 PM »
You're just a miserable loser that shouldn't even be in this thread cuz your cheap ass doesn't even go to games. Go cry in front of your tube.
That’s not true. I go to almost every home game. Last year I travelled to away games at Rutgers, nova, and seton hall also.  If you watched the games, the ref’s didn’t make us lose at seton hall, (we didn’t have a coach). I blame him for nova also.
I have watched your boy get his ass kicked 3 years in a row in the big east from 10 rows up.  No game plan. No fight. Just beat downs.
I have many times in person watched your boy not call a timeout in the second half as his team “going through the motions”. Did you go to the Xavier game? That was bad.
I am not miserable I just hate your hero. His laziness was obvious. His arrogance was obvious. His ineptitude was obvious.

20-52 most of those losses were complete knockouts. We weren’t even competitive.
As for me being cheap. 2000 dollars for 2 tickets is expensive. I am better off buying singles from StubHub.
Maybe your guy will get another job and prove you right. I DOUBT IT!

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »
Don’t know how to respond because what you are saying and what you have said isn’t true
What's not true?  That Mullin inherited a much worse team than Anderson did?  That can't even be debated.  If you can't see that LJ and Heron are a lot better than Durand Johnson and Ron Mvouika than what's the point of discussing anything St. John's with you? They're going to be pre-season all conference selections.

Do you think that this team is so bad they'll get blown out by a D2, Queen's college, at home? 
Please.  I know you're blinded by Georgetown like hatred but try to be reasonable about it.

TONYD3

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 08:44:14 PM »
What's not true?  That Mullin inherited a much worse team than Anderson did?  That can't even be debated.  If you can't see that LJ and Heron are a lot better than Durand Johnson and Ron Mvouika than what's the point of discussing anything St. John's with you? They're going to be pre-season all conference selections.

Do you think that this team is so bad they'll get blown out by a D2, Queen's college, at home? 
Please.  I know you're blinded by Georgetown like hatred but try to be reasonable about it.
What you won’t acknowledge is I hate him for CAUSE. He should have kept his mouth shut and stayed in California. We had a coach. We certainly didn’t need him.  The last 4 years sucked and that’s because of him. He doesn’t get any pass.

Were you at the St. Thomas game? They were not prepared at all. A JV coachong staff wouldn’t lose to St. Thomas. How does a person start a job like that? Were you at incarnate word? Do you remember how bad they were? Did you go to the Fordham game? That SHIT never had to happen. That wouldn’t have happened under Lavin. Year 2 or year 3 wouldn’t have happened either.

That is reality. Anything else is just excuses and non sense. 5 years of Lavin we were good. The next 5 or so years we will be good under Anderson. That’s not luck. Make another good hire (no Walter Berry) and we will be good for another 5/10 years.

Why was this team coached by Greg St. Jean? How did he not know that wouldn’t work? Is it arrogance or is he really stupid? Carmine I want an answer for that question.

I can’t wait to go to games and watch my team and school compete again. LJ and Herron will be great. The team will be in much better shape. The team will be disciplined. Basically the team will be the opposite with many of the same players as it was last year and the past 4 years.
The fact that many of you are taking shots at our new AD who is qualified and doing a great job and mocking our new coach who is clearly working hard is mind boggling. But again those are the same who are sticking up for 20-52! How absurd in year 5, “we should extend mullin but get him and X’s And O’s coach” Shouldn’t the head coach have some idea how to coach basketball?

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 01:27:59 AM »
What you won’t acknowledge is I hate him for CAUSE. He should have kept his mouth shut and stayed in California. We had a coach. We certainly didn’t need him.  The last 4 years sucked and that’s because of him. He doesn’t get any pass.

Were you at the St. Thomas game? They were not prepared at all. A JV coachong staff wouldn’t lose to St. Thomas. How does a person start a job like that? Were you at incarnate word? Do you remember how bad they were? Did you go to the Fordham game? That SHIT never had to happen. That wouldn’t have happened under Lavin. Year 2 or year 3 wouldn’t have happened either.

That is reality. Anything else is just excuses and non sense. 5 years of Lavin we were good. The next 5 or so years we will be good under Anderson. That’s not luck. Make another good hire (no Walter Berry) and we will be good for another 5/10 years.

Why was this team coached by Greg St. Jean? How did he not know that wouldn’t work? Is it arrogance or is he really stupid? Carmine I want an answer for that question.

I can’t wait to go to games and watch my team and school compete again. LJ and Herron will be great. The team will be in much better shape. The team will be disciplined. Basically the team will be the opposite with many of the same players as it was last year and the past 4 years.
The fact that many of you are taking shots at our new AD who is qualified and doing a great job and mocking our new coach who is clearly working hard is mind boggling. But again those are the same who are sticking up for 20-52! How absurd in year 5, “we should extend mullin but get him and X’s And O’s coach” Shouldn’t the head coach have some idea how to coach basketball?

YOU said what I'm saying and have said isn't true.  So I make a reasonable attempt to prove what I just said is true and you switch the discussion to that I won't acknowledge that you "hate him for Cause"; which I've made no comment about whatsoever and I think might be bad English.

You're delirious.

Since I don't give you a pass on your lies. The "last 4 years" didn't suck. 3 of the last 4 years sucked. The last year was a highly successful campaign for coach Mullin and his charges culminating in the holy grail at Jamaica Estates - an Ncaa tournament bid.