Mike Anderson to Tulsa

• 118 replies
Re: Mike Anderson to Tulsa
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2021, 05:40:26 AM »
Good job on this one. Still think CMA is two and done at sju?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2021, 10:29:52 AM »
I really don't think Mike is a hot commodity on the coaching search fronts,  St Jonhs will be able to keep him as long as he is wanted I beleive.

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2021, 12:07:56 PM »

You realize where there is smoke there is fire but fires don't burn forever. Things change.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2021, 01:41:36 PM »
You realize where there is smoke there is fire but fires don't burn forever. Things change.

I literally can
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 01:43:15 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2021, 01:21:24 PM »

Not after these two years.  If he won a tournament game this year, I'd think he'd be a goner. His age will likely keep him here after next season.  Who wants to hire a guy that will be turning 63 next year?

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2021, 11:02:14 AM »
Anderson's best shot at a power 5 school would be Missouri, he had a good streak there, cunzo is no longer a fan favorite an I expect he could lose his job after next season, if Anderson some how has a reallly decent season then he may be a candidate there, I  just dont see many university's knocking the door down to hire Anderson. Mike more than likely retires in a year or two if he don't get it done here, I doubt he does.

Johnny23

« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2021, 12:37:33 PM »
Anderson's best shot at a power 5 school would be Missouri, he had a good streak there, cunzo is no longer a fan favorite an I expect he could lose his job after next season, if Anderson some how has a reallly decent season then he may be a candidate there, I  just dont see many university's knocking the door down to hire Anderson. Mike more than likely retires in a year or two if he don't get it done here, I doubt he does.

As I've said many times before Anderson isn't going anywhere. The winning has just begun. 6 year extension here. Enjoy.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31438792/st-john-men-basketball-coach-mike-anderson-gets-6-year-extension-2026-27-season

goredmen

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2021, 06:57:57 PM »
As I've said many times before Anderson isn't going anywhere. The winning has just begun. 6 year extension here. Enjoy.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/31438792/st-john-men-basketball-coach-mike-anderson-gets-6-year-extension-2026-27-season

Though I agree Anderson isn't going anywhere, extensions don't really mean much in that sense. Plenty of times coaches have still gotten fired or left shortly after agreeing to an extension

« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
Though I agree Anderson isn't going anywhere, extensions don't really mean much in that sense. Plenty of times coaches have still gotten fired or left shortly after agreeing to an extension
On St. John's end it depends on what the negotiated buy out terms are as we aren't in the habit of eating too much money.

Johnny23

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2021, 03:52:35 PM »

No doubt but the extension is still an encouraging sign that the program's on better footing.

jr49

« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »
Not after these two years.  If he won a tournament game this year, I'd think he'd be a goner. His age will likely keep him here after next season.  Who wants to hire a guy that will be turning 63 next year?
Iona.

sju89tr

« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2021, 01:38:03 PM »
Ive been a St Johns fan for over 40 years and alumnus. We need to get off our high horse. We are no longer an elite program and should not be complaining about Iron Mike. Maybe he gets us to a higher level or maybe we stay as a possible middle of the road big east school going forward, He hasnt recruited great but kids have developed. Im not dissatisfied with what I have seen in his 2 years.     

« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2021, 01:54:13 PM »
The winning has just begun. 
I think what you meant to say is that "The winning is going to begin".  Because thus far he hasn't won anything.  He's 0 for 2.

Johnny23

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2021, 10:06:59 AM »
I think what you meant to say is that "The winning is going to begin".  Because thus far he hasn't won anything.  He's 0 for 2.

First winning season in the BE since '14-'15. Finished 4th in the BE when picked to finish 9th.

That's called exceeding expectations. How do you do that? By winning. Like I said, it's just begun.

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2021, 05:55:52 AM »
First winning season in the BE since '14-'15. Finished 4th in the BE when picked to finish 9th.

That's called exceeding expectations. How do you do that? By winning. Like I said, it's just begun.

Yeah, NIT bids that we don't accept  We're really soaring now.

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2021, 07:37:54 AM »
Yeah, NIT bids that we don't accept  We're really soaring now.

If Mullin was a good coach, why he has not been a candidate for any of these schools?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30942920/college-basketball-coaching-changes-2021-22

Foad

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2021, 04:48:04 PM »
If Mullin was a good coach, why he has not been a candidate for any of these schools?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30942920/college-basketball-coaching-changes-2021-22

I sign on to this stupid website for the first time in months and the stupid still hurts.

The answer to your stupid question is that: because Chris Mullin is a HOF basketball player who's not interested in any of those jobs, see stupid? Do you think if Chris Mullin applied for the Fordham or Hofstra head coaching job they'd turn him down? I realize you're stupid, but are you that completely stupid?

Obviously that was a rhetorical question, because you are. That stupid I mean.

goredmen

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2021, 10:24:16 AM »
Do you think if Chris Mullin applied for the Fordham or Hofstra head coaching job they'd turn him down?

The answer to this question is yes, they would turn him down.

Marillac

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2022, 01:22:14 PM »
I know that was rhetorical, but I’ll answer anyway. They are an impressive 16-5 heading into their home contest with #17 Auburn, who is led in scoring by former St. John’s commitment, Samir Doughty.

Arkansas made the best decision in decades by firing Anderson and hiring a stud like Musselman. He’s clearly a few notches up.

The maniacs on our forum will lead you to believe that all of the improvements Arkansas has shown at the team and player level are due to Anderson. All of them. That is how we operate here. It’s all or nothing.

Great job here, Marillac.