Norvel Pelle

• 12 replies

Marillac

Norvel Pelle
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:03:44 PM »
I was looking at scores last night and saw his name. I couldn’t believe my eyes.  He had 4 pts and 7 boards for the 76’ers against the Nets.

Lavin got commitments from 3 guys who are playing in the league in his first full class. Too bad we didn’t keep Dunlap around to use the talent he brought in correctly.

Re: Norvel Pelle
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »
I was looking at scores last night and saw his name. I couldn’t believe my eyes.  He had 4 pts and 7 boards for the 76’ers against the Nets.

Lavin got commitments from 3 guys who are playing in the league in his first full class. Too bad we didn’t keep Dunlap around to use the talent he brought in correctly.

3 front court guys. Unreal. Could have been the 3,4,5 for two years.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 11:21:25 PM »

and a 4th playing MLB

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 01:08:46 AM »
One time commit Rico Gathers playing in NFL too.

I'd pull a DePaul and go another round with Lavin in a heartbeat.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 06:34:02 AM »
I had absolutely zero idea he was in the NBA. He's been pretty productive too.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 02:03:02 PM »
and a 4th playing MLB

I think Garrett could have had a cup of coffee in the NBA if he dropped baseball.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:48:38 AM »
Maybe even the UFC

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »
Maybe even the UFC

LOL that was epic
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »
Maybe even the UFC
New York Philharmonic not out of the question either.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 07:28:18 PM »
Maybe even the UFC

Ha! Good one.

To add to the list:  Pointer was drafted and was from that same class as well. Samir Doughty looks like he might be better then them all as a college player too. He started for a Final Four team last year and he is the leading scorer for them st 13-1 this year.

And of course D’Lo was top 3 in scoring all-time.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 07:52:12 PM »
Ha! Good one.

To add to the list:  Pointer was drafted and was from that same class as well. Samir Doughty looks like he might be better then them all as a college player too. He started for a Final Four team last year and he is the leading scorer for them st 13-1 this year.

And of course D’Lo was top 3 in scoring all-time.
where was Doughty ranked ? I'm pretty sure it was controversial when Lavin got him with people knocking Lavin. Or unless I just completely forget which is entirely possible too

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 08:56:15 PM »
where was Doughty ranked ? I'm pretty sure it was controversial when Lavin got him with people knocking Lavin. Or unless I just completely forget which is entirely possible too

Doughty was around 200 and was a 3*

The comments were almost universally positive with the notable exceptions of Poison (who said it was a Norm level recruit) and Johnny23 who said he was one of a questionable player at this level.

In a Lovett recruiting thread I wrote:   “Sign me up for Lovett.  And I think people are really sleeping on Doughty--although he is not a PG (certainly not as a freshman).  Lovett--Doughty--Sampson would be a really potent group of guards for one recruiting class.”

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »

Norvel playing in playoffs at MSG for the Knicks makes it more surreal. Crazy. Props to Norvel for persevering.