Xavier @ MSG

• 175 replies
Xavier @ MSG
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:55:24 AM »
This is an interesting game.  The top 5 BE teams look like locks to make the tourney, Xavier is really the only team with a realistic shot of being the sixth team (unless Gtown rattles off an impressive winning streak).  I'd expect Xavier to play like this is a must win for them.  At the same time, this is the "easiest" remaining game on St. john's schedule.

What's a realistic goal for this final 6 games of the regular season? 2 wins?

Re: Xavier @ MSG
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 07:33:28 PM »
We are currently 14-11. To go 2-4 rest of the way would leave us above .500 going into BET, 16-15. The BET could be a play in for the NIT.

The NIT is a nice stepping stone for the young guys on this team. Roberts, Dunn, Earlington, Williams, Champagnie, Caraher, Sears, etc. would all benefit from playing in the NIT. Good stepping stone for NCAA in 20-21.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 10:25:27 PM »
This is an interesting game.  The top 5 BE teams look like locks to make the tourney, Xavier is really the only team with a realistic shot of being the sixth team (unless Gtown rattles off an impressive winning streak).  I'd expect Xavier to play like this is a must win for them.  At the same time, this is the "easiest" remaining game on St. john's schedule.

What's a realistic goal for this final 6 games of the regular season? 2 wins?
Think 2-4 would be very optimal.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 12:38:35 AM »
Think 2-4 would be very optimal.
Where's the faith in your man?

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 01:33:58 AM »
Where's the faith in your man?
Coach doesn't play. If it was your man I would say we finish 0-6 and he would be on the first flight out to the west coast right after our loss in the BET, with his buddy Mitch in the seat next to him and his adopted son St. Jean on his lap.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »
Coach doesn't play. If it was your man I would say we finish 0-6
That's a good explanation. But remember - CFC is my man. I'm not like you guys.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:39:19 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 12:56:23 PM »
That's a good explanation. But remember - CFC is my man. I'm not like you guys.
OK but you started by calling CMA my man so I called CCM your man. Listen coach CCM was the coach at ST. John's for 4 years so at that time he was my man but I lost a ton of respect for him because of his lack of work ethic not because of his won-loss record. Don't know how many times I have to reiterate that point to you. You can believe your fairytales about CM but I know people that WORK FULL TIME in the athletic department and they told me he would leave right after the season and not return until the start of practice the next season. Have you ever heard of NCAA sanctioned off season work outs with the players, recruiting, and the mentoring of young men under your charge in all matters of life? Some of you all can hate on Tariq Owens and his dad all you want and talk about shot totals but the real reason he left was the unfulfilled promises made to them about being tutored by a big man coach. PS Carmine I sent you a personal message months ago on this topic so we needn't discuss it again on the forum and then had a post advising you of same but I guess reading a PM is above your technological capabilities as is understanding that you repeat the same CM defense narrative of yours ad infinitum.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 02:39:03 PM »
PS Carmine I sent you a personal message months ago on this topic so we needn't discuss it again on the forum and then had a post advising you of same but I guess reading a PM is above your technological capabilities
I read it. I correspond with you nincompoops too much already publicly. The last thing I want to do is begin to do it privately.
as is understanding that you repeat the same CM defense narrative of yours ad infinitum.
I repeat the same defenses ad infinitum in response to the same baseless, inappropriate ad infinitum offenses.

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 02:50:22 PM »
I read it. I correspond with you nincompoops too much already publicly. The last thing I want to do is begin to do it privately. I repeat the same defenses ad infinitum in response to the same baseless, inappropriate ad infinitum offenses.
When the mullin faithful are faced with the truth. They start with the name calling.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 05:34:49 PM »
When the mullin faithful are faced with the truth. They start with the name calling.
Come on. Nincompoop is like a loving pet name.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 05:44:54 PM »
I'm going to make the rare for me trip to MSG pre BE tournament. Perhaps I'm an anti-Mush. Their conference record with me in the building is 1 and 0.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 09:50:02 PM »
 Sorry boys been riding the MussBus at Arkansas but it’s falling apart losing 4 straight conference home games, never happened in Arkansas history so I’m back and hopefully we can win this Xavier game and be back on the NIT track. Heron out for year???! Steere suspended?? WTHHHH, Wusu scoring 50 and 60 and crossing the daily lights out of a defender, Posh 30 pts, 20 assist night??? Holy geeez, what else have I missed. Good lord the future is bright for next year if LJ stays.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »
Xavier fan here.  I will be in NYC tomorrow for business and want to take in the game.  Never been to MSG.  Need one ticket.....where should I sit and best place to purchase?  thanks for any help.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 10:44:23 AM »
Xavier fan here.  I will be in NYC tomorrow for business and want to take in the game.  Never been to MSG.  Need one ticket.....where should I sit and best place to purchase?  thanks for any help.
Their will be plenty of seats. Not sold out. Check Ticketmaster first. If you want cheap Scalp outside. Vivid seats works. Getting tickets is easy.

Wods317

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 07:48:04 AM »
The cheapest ticket on Ticketmaster right now is $75 each if you are looking for two seats. I’m not sure who exactly controls the prices but wow. I’m a loyal fan and go to at least 2-3 CA games and 3-4 MSG games a year but spending $200 w fees to see Xavier on a Monday night is hard to justify.

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
The cheapest ticket on Ticketmaster right now is $75 each if you are looking for two seats. I’m not sure who exactly controls the prices but wow. I’m a loyal fan and go to at least 2-3 CA games and 3-4 MSG games a year but spending $200 w fees to see Xavier on a Monday night is hard to justify.
Tickets are 37 dollars on vivid seats. You could scalp out side for even less.

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
On Twitter cragg just said 40 bucks from ticket master.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 10:50:47 AM »
This is a must win for Xavier they are going to come out firing......hopefully we can slow them down and shoot better from 3 at home this game. I think we win this 72-68.

Wods317

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »
Tickets are 37 dollars on vivid seats. You could scalp out side for even less.

Yup, appreciate that. I am familiar with getting tickets through other venues because I go to games often but I’m saying for the casual St. John’s fan who maybe has off today and wants to buy 2-3 tickets. Looking and seeing $75 per ticket would not encourage people to attend.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 06:39:03 PM »
8-1, xavier. So far we are 1-4 on layups & dunks. Problem is the one make was on the wrong basket.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.