Xavier @ MSG

• 175 replies

Foad

Re: Xavier @ MSG
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »
I was trying to out-dumb Tony

Good luck with that. Take a nail gun to your cerebral cortex and try again.

Foad

« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »
I’m sure you have said in past, but I can’t remember...who would you have wanted ahead of Anderson!

They shouldn't have pushed Mullin out, they should have worked to make him a successful coach. And if they weren't going to do that they should never have fired Lavin, and I despised Lavin. Of the leftovers and also rans dopey Mike Cragg culled through after Hurley laughed at him and Midwest mediocrity Porter Wagoner or whatever his name is played him for a fool and various mid-majors preemptively said no thank you or for the love of god please don't offer me Anderson was probably a good guess and that he was endorsed by no less a nothing burger than Jeff Capel was merely icing on the cuck. Unfortunately he stinks. Oh well.

Foad

« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2020, 03:47:56 PM »
I know he wanted mullin and honestly who didn’t, but once that ship  sailed was time to move on...just giving him a chance to state who he thinks would be a better choice then anderson

Leave Tony the D stands for dumb alone. He's so in love with me that he thinks that our hearts beat as one and our minds are melded. He follows me around this forum pulling my pigtails like a love sick school boy, humping my leg like a sex crazed dog. He knows that he knows what I think - he knows what I think because we are as one - today and yesterday and now and then and what I should have thought last year and the year before and the year before that. Because we're soulmates and someday we'll be together. He told his mother as much. I almost feel sorry for him, because unrequited love is a bitch and the truth is he can never have me. Notice I said almost. Because I don't date fatties. Except at closing time obviously.

Foad

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »
It’s like arguing over brands of hot dogs or who is hotter between Hillary Clinton and Maxine Waters.

This is one of the few questions where the right answer is Hillary.

TONYD3

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2020, 03:49:42 PM »
You love citing his overall record in a vacuum and removing all context. It’s childish.

With this logic no coach would have been great at St. John’s in that situation. Even if they went 12-6 years three and four, they would not be able to make up for 1-17 year one and a small improvement year two.

Fred Hoiberg was 16-16 as a 37 year old first year coach at Iowa State with no prior coaching experience at any level. He’s 7-17 at Nebraska right now with a decade of head coaching experience. Does your tiny brain make you believe he just got worse as a coach? Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn’t have the same talent?

This Nebraska team has way more talent than the first Mullin team. Why would anyone take a rebuilding job if their records the first two years will be used against them by fools like you in perpetuity?

Only at St. Jon’s do people argue so much over coaches that range from slightly below average to slightly above average. It’s like arguing over brands of hot dogs or who is hotter between Hillary Clinton and Maxine Waters.

Have your ma make you some meatloaf tonight and then write a list of other potential hobbies.

Mullin make TonyD sad. Mullin no win enough. TonyD wants to poop at a Sweet Sixteen.

I site his overall record because he sucked every year including 8-10 last year. If he would have come back, more knockouts were coming. He was non competitive in plenty of games year 3 and 4. I am happy to site only those years,  If that makes you feel better.
You knock our new coach. Does your tiny brain think he is going to stay in 9th place. Fred Hoiberg and Mike Anderson are winners. Google it.
How is mussleman doing by the way? Do you like having shit on your face?
And your boy wasn’t close to slightly below average. But he did qualify for the tournament one year.

« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2020, 03:58:52 PM »
They shouldn't have pushed Mullin out, they should have worked to make him a successful coach. And if they weren't going to do that they should never have fired Lavin, and I despised Lavin. Of the leftovers and also rans dopey Mike Cragg culled through after Hurley laughed at him and Midwest mediocrity Porter Wagoner or whatever his name is played him for a fool and various mid-majors preemptively said no thank you or for the love of god please don't offer me Anderson was probably a good guess and that he was endorsed by no less a nothing burger than Jeff Capel was merely icing on the cuck. Unfortunately he stinks. Oh well.

Thanks for the answer...I honestly think he was the best hire, even ahead of Hurley....if he had been the first outta the gate he would have won by a mile...I hope I’m right and your wrong, but if In 365 we are in similar position, I will
Make no excuses and say the one thing I dread to think of “Foad, you were right”
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 03:59:20 PM by Johnnies93!! »

Foad

« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »
I site his overall record

[…]

I am happy to site only those years

[…]

Does your tiny brain

The word you're searching for giant brain, is cite. Site is a place, like cupard. Cite means to quote or reference.

Your You're welcome.

Marillac

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2020, 04:16:18 PM »
I site his overall record because he sucked every year including 8-10 last year. If he would have come back, more knockouts were coming. He was non competitive in plenty of games year 3 and 4. I am happy to site only those years,  If that makes you feel better.
You knock our new coach. Does your tiny brain think he is going to stay in 9th place. Fred Hoiberg and Mike Anderson are winners. Google it.
How is mussleman doing by the way? Do you like having shit on your face?
And your boy wasn’t close to slightly below average. But he did qualify for the tournament one year.

You really think “site” works there? Twice! Holy sh*t.

So let me try and follow your logic...Mullin sucks because of his overall record but Musselman’s 110-34 college record entering the season doesn’t make him good?

Anderson gets time to rebuild and should not be judged. But judge the f*ck out of Musselman in his first year. Musselman was 15-5 before losing five straight games when he lost future first round pick Isaiah Joe. My guess is the winning picks right back up when he returns.

Anderson won 18 games last year (with the 38th pick in the NBA draft and Isaiah Joe) and Musselman has already won 16.

You do understand that under your own criteria for judging Mullin (overall conference record), Anderson will have no chance at being good. How do you overcome a 4-15 conference season in three years in the Big East. At St. John’s!

TONYD3

« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »
They shouldn't have pushed Mullin out, they should have worked to make him a successful coach.
Hysterical! Here are some suggestions.

Hey Chris:
St. John’s is NYC. Maybe you could move closer.
Why is Mitch here?
Why does the young guy seem to do all the work? Maybe we should look for someone qualified?
Matt just quit, maybe we should get someone out there recruiting?
Why don’t you occasionally show up to practice, maybe you could offer something to the team. You were a big star.
Second part- if you go to practice, you might be an asset at games and can actually participate
No more fxck you, it kind of makes you look silly
I think that would have been a good start! Thoughts Foady?

TONYD3

« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2020, 04:26:53 PM »
You really think “site” works there? Twice! Holy sh*t.

So let me try and follow your logic...Mullin sucks because of his overall record but Musselman’s 110-34 college record entering the season doesn’t make him good?

Anderson gets time to rebuild and should not be judged. But judge the f*ck out of Musselman in his first year. Musselman was 15-5 before losing five straight games when he lost future first round pick Isaiah Joe. My guess is the winning picks right back up when he returns.

Anderson won 18 games last year (with the 38th pick in the NBA draft and Isaiah Joe) and Musselman has already won 16.

You do understand that under your own criteria for judging Mullin (overall conference record), Anderson will have no chance at being good. How do you overcome a 4-15 conference season in three years in the Big East. At St. John’s!
I am not judging mussleman. I have no idea what’s going on at Arkansas. I would bet neither do you. I watched maybe bits of 3/4 games. I know their player is hurt.
I bet mussleman does a good job there.
I bet Hoiberg turns it around at Nebraska. And I bet (hope) Anderson turns it around  here.
I am not giving Anderson any pass for this season. I expected more. I am hopeful that we will improve. He has a resume. But our current team has little to no talent. Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
Answer this and I will leave you alone. If mullin came back, do you really think he would have learned his lesson? St. Jean and Mitch would both be here. And we would be in last place.

Marillac

« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2020, 04:46:48 PM »
I am not judging mussleman. I have no idea what’s going on at Arkansas. I would bet neither do you. I watched maybe bits of 3/4 games. I know their player is hurt.
I bet mussleman does a good job there.
I bet Hoiberg turns it around at Nebraska. And I bet (hope) Anderson turns it around  here.
I am not giving Anderson any pass for this season. I expected more. I am hopeful that we will improve. He has a resume. But our current team has little to no talent. Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
Answer this and I will leave you alone. If mullin came back, do you really think he would have learned his lesson? St. Jean and Mitch would both be here. And we would be in last place.

The problem was his staff. Mitch should have been reassigned back to his old advisor role. We would have still received 99% of the benefit of having him around. He was dead weight as an assistant.

Hsu would have been here and he’s a monster.

Matt A doesn’t know basketball. He was creative and worked hard but he could not evaluate talent and he offered nothing to the product on the floor. Our rosters construction was awful.

St. Jean was a terrific coach who is only going to get better. Mullin would have improved with experience. Hopefully his family issues would have been resolved.

SJUFAN

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »
I understand it perfectly. His high pressure defense and fast break at all costs offense takes a lot out of the players. He would rather have a fresh 8th best player on his team on the court than a tired 3rd best player. His system is dependent on going deep into the bench and he's going to do it come hell or high water. Exactly my point.

That’s not a pattern, that’s utilizing his bench. The pattern I’m referring to is substituting in for both Heron and LJ. That should never happen. One or the other should be on the floor at all times. Actually two out of three of any combination of Heron, LJ, and Dunn should be on the floor at all times. He can still rotate players in and out to keep them fresh.

TONYD3

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2020, 05:21:53 PM »
That’s not a pattern, that’s utilizing his bench. The pattern I’m referring to is substituting in for both Heron and LJ. That should never happen. One or the other should be on the floor at all times. Actually two out of three of any combination of Heron, LJ, and Dunn should be on the floor at all times. He can still rotate players in and out to keep them fresh.
Georgetown was maddening

« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2020, 06:29:46 PM »
Not his system to do that. He likes bringing in entire new units.

Foad

« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
Thoughts Foady?

I think I have a niece with Down's Syndrome and she could beat you at Scrabble.

TONYD3

« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2020, 08:38:36 PM »
I think I have a niece with Down's Syndrome and she could beat you at Scrabble.
Maybe. She would also understand if you don’t show up for a job it would be very hard to do the job well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:59:04 PM by TONYD3 »