Xavier @ MSG

• 175 replies

Marillac

Re: Xavier @ MSG
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2020, 11:46:19 PM »
So your saying you don’t need talent and skill to close out games?

Nothing a good play design couldn’t cure.

Let me know when you’re done humping the strawman you built.

Marillac

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2020, 11:51:15 PM »
Again what play should he have run that would have been successful? Again why would I have shit on my face? These are elementary questions, someone who is as obsessed with IQ as you are can certainly provide a logical straight forward response.

But since your a troll, I’m certain you will not. Goodnight.

I admitted defeat, Crossfire. A 35-footer off the bounce is the highest % shot any team could hope for there. Forget screens and getting something going towards the basket with a good foul shooter. It wasn’t like they were in the bonus. Oh wait....

goredmen

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2020, 11:54:44 PM »
We made 37% of our 2s tonight. That is absurd. A 1-12 from Lj now has him at under 40% on 2s for the season after making 58% of them last year. Crazy.

For those keeping track, this team needs to win 2 of the remaining 5 regular season games or 1 regular season game + 2 games in the BET to finish at or better than .500. Would guess Anderson's streak ending this year is about a -160 favorite right now.

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2020, 12:48:19 AM »
He’s a troll. It’s clear the skill level of the players collectively are lacking. Yet they still look to take at shot at coach every chance they get.
Agree. The mountain of losses is solely on the young, unpaid student athletes. The coach is completely exonerated and has no role in them whatsoever.

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2020, 12:51:34 AM »
Says the guy who swears up and down he never takes a shot at CMA. LMAO
It's not a shot at CFC. It's a shot at the you and the other traitors.

SJUFAN

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2020, 01:49:27 AM »
Mike Anderson on paper great resume before coming here and seasons not over. I give him credit for getting what he has gotten out of our squad. I saw this with NR. At end of the day you get paid for results. I am in sales I was given five months I produced I got more time same with coaching. His class next year , I feel for Posh he is going to be looked at as the next savior. Wusu nice 4yr player. Look, I blame the Board of Directors. They made majority of us hate Mully. It’s sad, you have to separate player from coach. He should’ve never been coach that was a money grab for donations. Once, Repole ripped off the bandaid only guy to hire was Slick Rick. They knew if they hire MA or Jones from Yale they wouldn’t be killed in press anymore.Cragg goes back with Capel a long time. Capel is never going to be more than 6th place team in ACC. He couldn’t convince him to come here? If you would’ve told me at 13 at Big East Tournament Championship in 2000, this would be last time we would win this game and play in it I would have laughed at you. The Board only cares about filling seats and hoping you buy $50 band for open bar of RW club. When was last time, a coach came said the goal is to win a Big East Title?

This isn’t sales. Rebuilding is a process which can take years. The trolls and haters will want to focus on the loses, lack of set plays, or the lost leads late in games as some indictment of coach Anderson. When it’s quite the contrary. Our team is extremely flawed. The roster is bad. The fact that we have been in many of these games with an opportunity to win is a testament to coach.

SJUFAN

« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2020, 01:58:03 AM »
Agree. The mountain of losses is solely on the young, unpaid student athletes. The coach is completely exonerated and has no role in them whatsoever.

When students fail a class...is it always the teachers fault?

Foad

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2020, 08:23:07 AM »
And if I was Dave, I would give “Foad” his own platform and thread....guys like him are miserable in all aspects, but truth be told, he is winning the narrative at the moment....

Maybe I should start a blog.

Foad

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2020, 08:38:49 AM »
The trolls and haters will want to focus on the loses, lack of set plays, or the lost leads late

Heaven forfend anyone focus on silly things like losses and lost leads. And as for set plays, bah! I spit on set plays. Better we celebrate the culture of winning that losing engenders while thanking our lucky stars that Coach Iron Mike deigned to come to St John's at all. He's so dreamy.

as some indictment of coach Anderson. When it’s quite the contrary. Our team is extremely flawed. The roster is bad. The fact that we have been in many of these games with an opportunity to win is a testament to coach.

So we're in games because of the genius of the coach, only to lose them because of the incompetence of the players. Can you why the genius coach doesn't do in the last several minutes what he did in the first 37 to overcome the players obvious ineptitude?

« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2020, 09:25:32 AM »
Heaven forfend anyone focus on silly things like losses and lost leads. And as for set plays, bah! I spit on set plays. Better we celebrate the culture of winning that losing engenders while thanking our lucky stars that Coach Iron Mike deigned to come to St John's at all. He's so dreamy.

So we're in games because of the genius of the coach, only to lose them because of the incompetence of the players. Can you why the genius coach doesn't do in the last several minutes what he did in the first 37 to overcome the players obvious ineptitude?

I love coach Mike, but I can’t defend these awful finishes
Butler
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Xavier

I hope this isn’t going to be the norm around here the next few years...

Things I would have liked to see coach so during yesterday....Dunn shouldn’t be on bench at the under 2 minute mark...after the missed free throw by Xavier at around 1:40 left and us up 74-71, I said to My daughter,  we have 2 timeouts, should use one here to get Dunn back on floor...instead Figueroa throws up a 35 footer with 15 left on shot clock....missed free throws sealed the deal and another terrible loss in a year that should not be this terrible based on the way we have played...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:26:07 AM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2020, 10:11:02 AM »
Butler
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Xavier

Things I would have liked to see coach so during yesterday....Dunn shouldn’t be on bench at the under 2 minute mark...after the missed free throw by Xavier at around 1:40 left and us up 74-71, I said to My daughter,  we have 2 timeouts, should use one here to get Dunn back on floor...instead Figueroa throws up a 35 footer with 15 left on shot clock....missed free throws sealed the deal and another terrible loss in a year that should not be this terrible based on the way we have played...

Dunn is far from clutch.  I cringe in the last minutes when I spot his number on the floor.  If your guard misses the front end of a one and one in the clutch...it's no different than losing the dribble at the end of a game.  You really want Dunn out there?

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »
Dunn is far from clutch.  I cringe in the last minutes when I spot his number on the floor.  If your guard misses the front end of a one and one in the clutch...it's no different than losing the dribble at the end of a game.  You really want Dunn out there?

I did...our previous possession and the way the game was turning in Xaviers favor...To me would have been a great time for a time-out and reinsert him....but you are also correct...got to make those free throws

Foad

« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2020, 10:35:28 AM »
another terrible loss in a year that should not be this terrible based on the way we have played...

SJ is in the BE

9th in FG %
9th in 3 pt %
7th in FT %
9th in rebounds
7th in assists
8th in points allowed
6th in def FG %

What about that suggests to you that they're not terrible, much less that there's anything positive about the way they've played?

« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2020, 10:43:20 AM »
SJ is in the BE

9th in FG %
9th in 3 pt %
7th in FT %
9th in rebounds
7th in assists
8th in points allowed
6th in def FG %

What about that suggests to you that they're not terrible, much less that there's anything positive about the way they've played?

Yes your data suggests that we are terrible...in wins v losses your are correct...my question to you is, do you really think we are as bad as our record suggests? I won’t dispute our record, if that is the only indicator you use, but I have watched every game this year, and in my opinion they are far from a terrible team...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:43:38 AM by Johnnies93!! »

SJUFAN

« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2020, 10:48:01 AM »
Butler
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Xavier

I agree he should have been in the game. That being said, when he was put in the game he misses the front end of a one and one.

SJUFAN

« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2020, 10:55:58 AM »
but I have watched every game this year, and in my opinion they are far from a terrible team...

A good team that is made up of a collection of poor talent.

Our best player is LJ. He can’t dribble. He can’t pass. He can shoot, but only set shots. He can’t even pull up and shoot off the dribble unless he steps back. That is why he took that awful 20 foot floater at the end. He is extremely limited in his offense moves, yet he’s the best we have.

TONYD3

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2020, 11:03:01 AM »
Obviously. Hint:  I don’t think SJUFan and TonyD are intelligent 😉
Just waking up very hung over on vacation. Losing sucks. The only thing keeping this season fun is your ridiculous  behavior.
You stayed relatively quiet all week, just to come and do this. Congrats on the loss! You deserve it.
You think coach Mullin did a good job. That’s very intelligent thinking.

TONYD3

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
Sucks losing. The guys played hard. Xavier is better.

SJUFAN

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2020, 11:06:59 AM »

Anderson isn’t a genius. His philosophy of playing with maximum effort and tough in your face defense is the difference. That is what allows us to compete, our offense is horrendous, not because of the scheme, the players can’t shoot or dribble. Once we upgrade the players offensively we will have a better record.

This is sports. It’s forty minutes, the better team finds a way to win because they are better. If bad teams/players could preform consistently they wouldn’t be bad.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:09:18 AM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2020, 11:18:15 AM »
Anderson isn’t a genius. His philosophy of playing with maximum effort and tough in your face defense is the difference. That is what allows us to compete, our offense is horrendous, not because of the scheme, the players can’t shoot or dribble. Once we upgrade the players offensively we will have a better record.

This is sports. It’s forty minutes, the better team finds a way to win because they are better. If bad teams/players could preform consistently they wouldn’t be bad.

I agree 100 percent....better talent will help us late in games,although even with our lack of talent this year, Mike has to take the hit on a couple of these losses.....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:18:46 AM by Johnnies93!! »